SpeakerBoy

Digital Designs Headphones

ok done some testing and the turbines are the way to go.... if you got 180 lying around.

You dont wanna know the markup on those things...

ok done some testing and the turbines are the way to go.... if you got 180 lying around.

???^

I just got a set of Grado SR225's, and I'm in love.

Screw earbuds.

Haters.... :ehh:

I had the dd

bass was muddy as hell

ended up going with the atrio m5 then the turbine pro copper.

I have the DDs and the 15 dollar skullcandy earbuds outperform them in bass LOL

only difference is that the DDs get a little louder and have clearer mids and highs. Not worth the 75 dollar increase from the SC

Haters

The Bose earbuds are outstanding, hands down.

ROFL. Compared to the ones that come with an Ipod. ;)

rockford fosgate has some earbuds out.

if you're only looking for buds then I would look at etymotic research they are FTW!

if you go for cans, audio technica, AKG or Beyer.. I personally had a set of AKG 701's and they were the best open ear I had heard in a while...

if you go closed cans then the Beyer reproduce serious detail and bass... comfortable and soft as real boobies..!!!

side note: Bose "used" to be an end all brand for audio(I don't even believe that statement myself)... then they became worse as they just try harder to increase their profits... Bose has a very flat response all around and doesn't really give alot of range within the frequencies it does reproduce... It's almost as if you add a little bass, increased the mids too high and then remove the treble that is needed to make complete sound reproduction.

I used to borrow my lady's Bose when I would travel because it didn't matter to me or her is we broke them in transit....lol.. they can handle some beating, that plastic housing is pretty sturdy... Maybe that is why they increased their prices and claimed better quality... They have high grade plastics! yippee!!

Edited by Shogen

if you're only looking for buds then I would look at etymotic research they are FTW!

if you go for cans, audio technica, AKG or Beyer.. I personally had a set of AKG 701's and they were the best open ear I had heard in a while...

if you go closed cans then the Beyer reproduce serious detail and bass... comfortable and soft as real boobies..!!!

side note: Bose "used" to be an end all brand for audio(I don't even believe that statement myself)... then they became worse as they just try harder to increase their profits... Bose has a very flat response all around and doesn't really give alot of range within the frequencies it does reproduce... It's almost as if you add a little bass, increased the mids too high and then remove the treble that is needed to make complete sound reproduction.

I used to borrow my lady's Bose when I would travel because it didn't matter to me or her is we broke them in transit....lol.. they can handle some beating, that plastic housing is pretty sturdy... Maybe that is why they increased their prices and claimed better quality... They have high grade plastics! yippee!!

I'd throw Grado into the mix if open ear is what you prefer.

Ahh yes... Forgots about them, heard good things about them.. Get it? heard? ahahah!

Anyway yes, I've actually read good things when I was in search of cans for myself.. But alas I went for the Beyers and good Lord I am happy... Did spend a pretty penny..

I went the Grado route, spent about $175 on the SR225 series. Couldn't be happier really, I'm thinking about trying out the ones higher than the 225 just to hear the differences, if any.

As much as I love my Beyers.... I want some new ones... That's gonna be after I get the car done....

I had the dd

bass was muddy as hell

ended up going with the atrio m5 then the turbine pro copper.

Did you mess with the tuning?

Much like your car stereo, install is important on ear buds. Make sure you get buds that fit your ear well... nice IEMs will often come with different size pads that are interchangable. Personally, I have the Shure SE210 buds and find that they have great extension and a good balance. They aren't boomy in the bass but play deep when you get them seated properly. Good ear buds will sound like shit if you don't have one that seals in your ear canal like it should.