Who uses it, and is it as effective as some people say? Also, any issues with seals from using it?

I've used it before. Great way to clean out your engine if you have a lot of miles.... Make sure to change your oil soon after seafoaming. Gas mileage went up for me about 1-2mpg on avg.

i've used it a few times, only thing i could really tell is throttle response was drastically improved. i'd only do it if you have over 100k miles and after that i'd do it about every 50-60k miles after that.

i've read a ton of positive stuff about it, enough to go out and buy some. then before i attacked it i looked up some more research and found some people to deny anything good about it. they say that there are large chunks of buildup, and this product really dose release them from what it has build up on, BUT these large chunks then clog injectors or some other component and seize the engine up or something. That's what scared me out of it. I can see the possibility of both happening, but i'm sticking with "if it's not broken, don't mess with it".

Just my $0.02 :)

I always just used diesel fuel as engine flush.

as in a whole tank? any more info on that? i've heard of that as an alternative to seafoam, but not much about how to do it. aren't they theoretically the same thing? just make the engine's fuel burn a ton hotter?

i use it every other month.

after coming home.

half in the tank half in the vacuum line.

let sit till you come back out, giv it a bit of gas because it will stutter a bit, ounce started the beautiful smoke will consume your neighborhood, lol

Use 2/3 of the can in the intake vacuum line, and use the other 1/3 of the can in the oil or gas tank. It really does clean up carbon deposits, when u see all the smoke that comes out of your car you will be like :ohnoes9:

My car just crossed over 100k so was thinking about trying this and ordering some new plugs too.

as in a whole tank? any more info on that? i've heard of that as an alternative to seafoam, but not much about how to do it. aren't they theoretically the same thing? just make the engine's fuel burn a ton hotter?

Deisel fuel to flush out the sludge on the oil side of the motor. when changing oil, drain old oil, poor in deisel fuel, run engine 5-10 min, drain deisel fuel, install new oil filter and add your normal oil.

As far as carbon deposits on the intake side of the motor. You can spray cold water mist into the carb while the engine is running to break up carbon deposits.

I've never used it, never been fond of the idea of it either. The only thing I've ever put in fuel systems or engines is Techron fuel injection cleaner into the fuel tank, which actually works very well. Other than that the stuff stays out.

My method of getting crap out of the engine is 2nd gear at 5,400rpm on the highway.

Deisel fuel to flush out the sludge on the oil side of the motor. when changing oil, drain old oil, poor in deisel fuel, run engine 5-10 min, drain deisel fuel, install new oil filter and add your normal oil.

As far as carbon deposits on the intake side of the motor. You can spray cold water mist into the carb while the engine is running to break up carbon deposits.

run your engine without OIL?!!?!?!? no thanks!

run your engine without OIL?!!?!?!? no thanks!

Deisel is refined oil. You don't want to run it dry obviously.

best thing for the fuel though is some good ole LUCAS gas treatment.

The only product ive used and actually saw my gas mileage go up for a bit.

all the rest of that stuff is crap IMO ive tried them all since i use to work at advance Btw.

I have used sea foam several times on my 1982 honda civic. When I had got the civic it hadn't been driven in 5 years, runs like a champ now.

all the rest of that stuff is crap IMO ive tried them all since i use to work at advance Btw.

Is that the 5-6 oz. bottle of the yellow/oil looking stuff?

I have used sea foam several times on my 1982 honda civic. When I had got the civic it hadn't been driven in 5 years, runs like a champ now.

is that JUST from seafoam, or have you done other fixes to help with engine performance?

Seafoam isn't necessarily for fuel, its more for cleaning up carbon deposits on your intake valves/manifold

I used some seafoam about two years ago on the explorer when it had about 170k miles. I put about 1/3 into a vacuum line and the rest into the gas tank. Surprisingly, for that many miles, I actually didn't have very much smoke at all. Barely any in fact. Which was a bit weird since only a year later my gas pedal started sticking because my throttle body was so greased up. I didn't really notice any difference in gas mileage, throttle response, idle, etc. after using it. I was afraid to use it in the oil because with that many miles I was a bit hesitant about it breaking up deposits that were actually holding seals together and causing leaks, as you said.

t about it breaking up deposits that were actually holding seals together and causing leaks, as you said.

^^^ that stuff. buildup can be a good thing sometimes!

assuming you meant preventing leaks? or that breaking up the deposits create leaks?

Breaking up deposits may cause leaks.

BTW the water is free.

Is that the 5-6 oz. bottle of the yellow/oil looking stuff?

is that JUST from seafoam, or have you done other fixes to help with engine performance?

I put new plugs and new wires, and thats about it.

I have been using it since 1994-95 with NO ISSUES!!

I have used it on at least 60 Different customers cars not to mention All of my own. WE Actually use it on ALL cars Before we tune them on the dyno.

I have only used it in the oil of 3 or 4 cars that had over 200,000 miles and were all sludged up from neglect of oil changes.

I use it by sucking it through the intake Majority of the time through the main vacuum hose that goes to the brake power booster.

DONT DO IT AT HOME EITHER!!! I HAVE HAD NEIGHBORS CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT THINKING THE HOUSE WAS ON FIRE FROM ALL THE SMOKE. . . . .

I suck about 1/2 to 5/8 of the can with the engine at around 2000-2500 rpm. Once it stops smoking from that I will drive for a couple to few miles. . . Then pull into a parking lot and suck the rest of the can @ idle trying to Not let it stall out until its empty. If it doesn't stall out by dipping the hose in & out of the liquid I will just hurry & shut it off.

Now I let it sit for 5-10 min. . . Depending on the sludge build up on the intake valves & pistons faces it may smoke even worse when you start it back up. I have had cars I had to drive for 40 miles on the freeway to get them to quit smoking.

Then I will change the oil & filter due to the fact some will get by the rings & make it into the crank case. IT DOES WONDERS on un Gumming stuck rings. We have had cars pick up 30-40 psi on compression tests after a Quick Simple SeaFoam.

I build & tune race cars for a living & have for MANY Years & speak from pure Knowledge. There is a Much Better product out there that is Much less corrosive that you can use Safely add to the oil to clean INSIDE the crankecase also. It is called AUTO RX.

Good Luck!!

Thank you for that post^^ :)