GLN305

Fi X series 10's

I just ordered 4 of the X series 10's to replace a pair of Image Dynamics IDQ 12v2's. I am curious what size vented enclosures have worked well with them. Thanks!

What application, SQ or ""SQL""? 0-6-1.2cf is what we suggest, with 28-32Hz tuning.

Smaller enclosure will provide a tighter sound with the larger giving more boom and overhang. I would probably go for a 4cf enclosure with a 30-32Hz tuning for all 4 :-)

.6-1.2 cubes per woofer.

Thanks for the replies. What I was hoping for is more of a "here's what I built and here's how it sounded" type of thing. I am definitely an SQ guy, but I miss loud so I am gonna move closer to ""SQL"".

I would go for around 1 cube per sub then. Depends what you listen to aswell, if it has alot of double kick you'll want to reduce the overhang with a compact enclosure but a low tuning. It'll make for good upper and low end performance, along with 4 drivers that will cover the 'L' part in 'SQ'

Well, I couldn't sacrifice the space for ported so sealed it is. Went with around 0.5 cubes per sub and it's gonna be stuff with Polyfil.

Here's a pic so far:

8423aac6.jpg

Looking good.

Very nice :drink40:

Wow, that looks very nice.

Whats the rest of you set up, more pics man. :drink40:

Thanks! I am working on the rest, but it consists of Arc Audio KS series amps, Morel tweets and Exodus Anarchy mids. More of an SQ car with some SPL roots LOL.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them all. So far the 10's sound pretty dang good. They blend better than my IDQ 12's did and get louder as well. I am under the impression that these guys are gonna loosen up after a few days and play lower and louder, they just feel that way. I also wanna call BS on the 250 RMS rating...they are getting 700 total (175 each) and they laugh at it....need more power!!

Edited by GLN305

Wow, looks darn nice. Get some subs in there, and then show off some more!

Here's a few pics of the progress pics of the sub enclosure/amp rack. The front stage has been in and working for a while now.

DSC06221.jpg

DSC06223.jpg

DSC06224.jpg

Clean, me likey :drink40:

Clean work, should get a little warmer and smoother as things break in a little

Looks great. :)

your box looks great! i've been wanting to mess a Fi X for a long time now

nice router work... never hurts to add cosmetic features to a quality sound build :)

Thanks for the support! These X series 10's are sounding better and better everyday. They play low and are very, very accurate. I like them.

Here's a finished pic:

DSC06225.jpg

Looks nice and clean!

:drink40: :drink40:

wow thats a real cool setup!

Wanted to update this. I switched to the new Orion XTR series amps and I am now giving the X 10's 1500 RMS...they can take it, I am still running out of power LOL. These things are monsters!