DC Power Kyle

This is what a 270XP at full load does to a 4 cylinder camry's eng

I Accidentally left my carputer on last night. When i started my car the XP wasn't making my engine happy charging the batteries up at full load. Anyways, this is what happens when the 270XP loads down a 4 cylinder's engine at idle. It takes 20 seconds for the computer to actually realize what's going on and adjust for the load compensation.

The alternator in this car idles at 2,000 alternator RPMs. 500 alternator RPMS LESS than the competition. It's rated to do 180 amps or so at this RPM.

It takes power to make power. This proves it. :)

i have something different in mind

2 320s :)

maybe!

Haha nice. I know you guys are out of stock on the 320s but could a 270 be upgraded to a 320 later down the line?

i have something different in mind

2 320s :)

maybe!

i'd like to see this..... without removing the AC compressor...

And no, 270 is a large case denso while 320 is a small case denso. I would run a single 270XP over a single 320HP every day of the week...

HAHA just sucks the power out of it. My car has barely any HP as is. If i put a HO alt on the little thing really wont like me.

cant wait to order mine and drive my car after i install it, curious as to how bad the boost surge is going to be, especially with the tune on the car raising stock boost from 12 to 22psi......should be interesting. oh well, its gonna be my toy anyway, not a daily driver.....gonna be a long build with all the mods i have planned....need to get a digital camera so i can keep track of everything.

Hey Kyle,

Looking at the video, the camry seems to dislike the HO?

I am planning on getting a 270XP for my Camry, or maybe I could get a 250 or 230 XP instead? What do you think?

Thanks

Hey Kyle,

Looking at the video, the camry seems to dislike the HO?

I am planning on getting a 270XP for my Camry, or maybe I could get a 250 or 230 XP instead? What do you think?

Thanks

This video was taken when the batteries were fully discharged, so the alt was trying to replenish the batteries under a full load

The 2.4 has no problem swinging an XP, we just have a REALLY small pulley on Kyles car because when I put it in I didn't want to change belts to run a bigger pulley. On 4 cylinder cars we tend to run bigger pulleys on the XP's because A) they dont need need overdrive pulleys, and B) the mechanical advantage from better ratios make them easier to turn.. The next vid Im going to make of Kyles car is what an XP will do with a stock diameter decoupler pulley... Will make the same output with no vibration and I'll make a before/after vid.. :)

Did you ever get the vibration to stop on this car? Because I'm looking for the same alt (270xp) for my 99 accord 4 cyclinder (2.3 liter) but I'm worried after seeing this video. If you got this problem fixed do you have a video on it?

My car did the same thing when I had disconnected the alternator for more than 20 minutes... It goes away after about 20min of idle and like 15min of some driving around... From what I understood the car is relearning since it lost power for so long... I believe that is what Kyle told me..

I drive a 2003 Toyota Camry... 4 cylinder.

Did you ever get the vibration to stop on this car? Because I'm looking for the same alt (270xp) for my 99 accord 4 cyclinder (2.3 liter) but I'm worried after seeing this video. If you got this problem fixed do you have a video on it?

i have one on my 95 4c accord and it does fine. sometimes the car sounds like it hates it though, but ive had it on over a year now and its been great.