slicric01

Help Identifying an FI sub!!!

ok...I got this FI 12" a while back....I had always heard of FI and wanted to try one.A guy I know had one and traded a Memphis PR for it.....he didnt know what he had...lol,but I dont know what model or year or anything about it.I have looked thru the board here and looked at the pictures on the website and I still don't know exactly what it is.I was hoping one of you all might help me out.Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

If you look really close in the vent gaps where the Spokes are coming from you should see on the former written in sharpie ssd or q then the impedance of the coil, get a small flash light and inspect it all around

looks more like the old q than an ssd judged on motor size

Looks like a BL series to me

BL is double stack.....

The bl does hot have a pole vent, it's either a ssd or q

BL is double stack.....

That is double stacked.

The bl does hot have a pole vent, it's either a ssd or q

I thought the BL had a pole vent stock, BP power had to be added.

No the cooling option are machined channels in the motor, by default the bl has a plugged polevent

I agree with scott it's an old Q

Julian everybody, SSA's resident sub forensic detective. ;)

I do concur with Julian.

:woot:

ok...well thats great then...because I do like sound quality and from what I have read the Q has that...and can still get loud.Thanks once again for all your help....now im off to build a box.... :thanx:

there is no way that is the BL. its either SSD or Q, I have had all versions except the newer Q of Fi's subs.

Julian everybody, SSA's resident sub forensic detective. ;)

I try ;)

Im going to post this question here, hopefully it gets a little attention.. how in the world can you tell an older Q from an older SSD ? i just bought a 15" (supposed to be a Q) from a guy on craigslist.. sub is in good condition but before i go putting it in a box i need to figure this out.. its for sure a Q or SSD.. looks very similar to OP pictures.. in fact looks identical.. but thats only going off the 2 pictures he posted. im going to go outside and take a few pics to add but maybe there is something i can look for to clarify. appreciate any help, as far as labeling on the basket area there is none

look inside because mostly SSD or Q is written on the former. I don't remember how to tell the difference otherwise. This shit happened to me. I thought I had a Q and fag ended up giving me a SSD and I didn't know til I got home and saw SSD inside. lol. I was retarded and in a hurry.

Here is the pictures... maybe im looking at the wrong spot.. what exactly is the former? lol.. i could swear ive looked all over this damn thing i dont see any labeling at all..

DSCN0362.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

I can't remember. Maybe it wasn't on the former lol. Its on there somewhere.

i picked it up for $120, not really worried about it, dont plan on installing it in any of my vehicles (probably trade it for a 12" Q with a friend for my s10) but i for sure need to figure this out before i build the box.

looks like the old Q or ssd b/c of the pole vent, hard to tell :ughdunno:

well.. guess ive hit a wall here lol... i keep breaking out the flashlight on it looking for anything but nothing is there. i guess i have no choice but to believe the kid.. he says its a Q and at this point it very well could be, ill treat it as a Q when building an enclosure and powering it. Hope all works out, appreciate the responses