agiletick

adding 2nd amp = less power?

Okay i have been running a 1500d on 4 10" kickers while i wait for my sa-10's . I had another 1500d in closet, so i decided to go ahead and throw it in,and get it strapped, and ready for the sa's . Heres the deal i had the gain set all the way down so as to not destroy the kickers. Added the second 1500d, and now i can set gain to almost 3/4 and its still not as load as with just 1 amp the single was running 1ohm and the 2 was at 1ohm strapped so .5 each. voltage doesnt drop thats not a issue i just cant figure out why its louder with only 1 amp running if 1 was bad it wouldnt work at all strapped? or could that be a problem?

did you strap them correctly? is it going into protect?

what was your final impedance on the woofers?

yeah there strapped correctly dmm reads like 1.2 ohm running duel 8gauge ground connects and 8 gauge to subs

could the hot and ground from subs being on wrong amps do it?running all red wires after thinkin about it i might have switched the hot and ground around coming outa the box

Edited by AgileTick

Positive and negative, if you were to switch the negative and positive around the amplifier would smoke, the diodes (i believe) are polarity sensitive

wouldn't it just go in protect mode....then it would pop fuses...and op did you see the link Wats posted maybe you didn't strap right...

Hot and ground?

Mixed Power and ground, but that amps wouldn't turn on period if that was the case.

Hot and ground?

Mixed Power and ground, but that amps wouldn't turn on period if that was the case.

You would see the magical black smoke.

how did you jump the RCA's? lets see how you setup the strapping in the first place, also what RCA jumper are you using? brand name.

Hot and ground?

and his car wouldn't be there and his ass would be over here saying his amps blew up out of nowhere. :P

Edited by cheese20323

Okay guess i worded that incorrectly not ACTUAL hot and ground but the speaker + and - i had 100foot of 8gauge power wire so i just used it as the speaker wire and wasnt 100pct sure i got the + and - FROM THE SPEAKERS not the actual power and ground wires

i cant check untill tommorrow car is at work right now was just looking for suggestions before i went back to work in the morning guess i try switching the wires around and see

UPDATE it was the phase knob have no idea what it even does but turned it and the power started flowing like mad about blew my subs outa the box

so anyway what is that phase knob even for?

I think you read the label wrong.

I could be wrong but I thought it had something to do with the subs being inverted, I honestly don't know, never used mine

Relative output phase from the input of the amp. Not the reason.

UPDATE it was the phase knob have no idea what it even does but turned it and the power started flowing like mad about blew my subs outa the box

so anyway what is that phase knob even for?

LULZ

Phase knob is similar to time delay. Sometimes handy blending subs into mids, also potentially useful if you run multiple amps to multiple subs in different locations.

I had the same thing happen to me with a Fosgate amp or so I thought. I turned the phase and it went crazy, turns out it was just a bad RCA that I hit with my hand and started it working again. Phase had nothing to do with mine or yours.