benz280se

what systems made you laugh...

i was talkin to a buddy of mine the other day and he was braggin on his system in one of his rides and i asked him what he was runnin and he proudly says" i had a pyramid 2400w amp then i traded up for a audiobahn 800w and i think i gained a bunch of deebees". well i am not one to laugh out loud in a guys face cause he was so happy with his stuff, but i couldn't help but think wow his stuff sucks! lol i aint no competitor or nothin but pyramid?! audiobahn? and it wasnt the hc audiobahn either so i know it sucks. and i went to a car show not too long ago and this guy in this riceburner has PA stuff and his woofers were mismatched one 12 PA and some other woofer might as well been a funky pup cause it sounded bad he really should have kept his trunk closed lol. any other stories for the sharing? ill see if i can find the pic of the PA system

I remember growing up my brother in law had a cutlass with 2 earthquake 15's(keep in mind this was in the early 90's). He had a contest with a neighborhood guy to see whos system hit the hardest. The guy rolls up with 2 urban audio works 10's on a tiny amp. Needless to say my brother in law won and took his subs for payment. I ended up with them years later just as a novelty!

back in the mid 90's earthquake was great!

Yeah I agree. He was always on the cutting edge when it came to systems. He had the first of everything! He had some kindof handheld EQ at one time that I have never seen since then. I would actually like to find out what that thing was, back in the early 90's it was probably cutting edge tech. Kindof looked like a handheld tuner that you tune cars with but it was an EQ.

It was possible the control unit for the Rockford EPX system. Talk about something that was way ahead of its time.

Hey Funky Pups destroy vehicles. They aren't allowed in competition anymore because there is no competition.

GREAT THREAD...not really.

Great Reply........ Not really. lol :suicide-santa:

Most people don't have an understanding of what true car audio is.

What I hate is when Simone thinks their system is the worlds best. I saw this guy who had 2 kicker comp 12's in a prefab box and he claimed that his 250 watt mb quart amp put out 5000 watts. The funiest part is he actualy claimed to. Do 200 dbzZz :lol2:

The systems I laugh the most at are the ones with expensive gear that don't sound very good. Lots of installs with a ton of JL can get out done by the Pyramid/Autobahn that you were laughing at. A good install ALWAYS trumps good equipment in a shitty install.

The systems I laugh the most at are the ones with expensive gear that don't sound very good. Lots of installs with a ton of JL can get out done by the Pyramid/Autobahn that you were laughing at. A good install ALWAYS trumps good equipment in a shitty install.

This

:ttiwwop:

yup .

^ Lulz Brad

th_84237_DSCF2529_122_237lo.JPG

as i promised this guy should not have opened his trunk lol clean install? crappy equipment!!!

Edited by benz280se

^^^ I give props for the install. I've seen much worse with much more expensive gear. Mismatched subs FTL though.

^^^ I give props for the install. I've seen much worse with much more expensive gear. Mismatched subs FTL though.

x2 at least it looks good :morepower1:

w92Ni.jpg

Saw this online randomly somewhere. I love the light. :dancing:

Damn...

That's freaky !!!

I'm sure this guy is proud of his system!!! But if he likes it, it's good ... for him !!!

i'm tyring to understand what is going on in that pic, is his system hooked to a phone? and what in the world could warrant putting all those differnt amps in a car? WTF lol?

i'm tyring to understand what is going on in that pic, is his system hooked to a phone? and what in the world could warrant putting all those differnt amps in a car? WTF lol?

Allot of diferent subs? Lol

w92Ni.jpg

This is almost EXACTLY what most of the kids' installs look like around here.

w92Ni.jpg

Damn...

That's freaky !!!

I'm sure this guy is proud of his system!!! But if he likes it, it's good ... for him !!!

His car is as loud as SMD.... :peepwall: