MikeMartel

Need Help, Not sure what subs to buy

Which Subs?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What Subs should i buy?

Alright, right now im running two Alpine X 10" and i guess there pretty loud and have great sound quality for what iv heard, but iv never been able to find the actual SPL rating on them so i cant really compare them to anything else i want to buy. Basically, iv been thinking about buying new subs for a while now but im not too sure which ones to get. I still want SQ but i want to be a bit louder ^^. Im just looking for any input really, im quite new to this stuff and havent heard many other systems other than my friends 2 W7's. Any suggestions are welcome :D

-Thanks

Mike.

Edited by MikeMartel

I've had alpines, good for the price and the rated RMS they can take imo.

Just my 2 cents

I just got my Q and it's a really nice sub,

I wouldn't spend that much money on a "SQ" sub like the W7.

Now, how loud are the Fi Q's compared to the alpine X's if you have had experience with both? Thats kind of what im curious about.

Edited by MikeMartel

What vehicle?

What upgrades do you have and are willing to do? Big 3, batteries, HO alt, etc?

What kind of dimensions are you working with?

Did you want multiple smaller subs or one large one?

Lastly what's your budget?

We cannot tell you how loud something is, it is all vehicle Dependant, there are lots of things that go into something being loud, more so than just the woofers.

Well, im basically willing to do any upgrades nessasary to power my subs and probably the most i can fit is two 12's in a ported box cause im driving a 2004 impala fully dynomated, hope that helps

Well, im basically willing to do any upgrades nessasary to power my subs and probably the most i can fit is two 12's in a ported box cause im driving a 2004 impala fully dynomated, hope that helps

Well.. give us some dimensions of your trunk and we'll see what we can work up.

Alright, ill give you guys my trunk dimensions tomorrow, i cant find them online and its raining out so ill go measure it tomorrow, hopefully i have enough room for something sweet ^^

Why ONLY FI subs? There are other companies..

You want SQ with more output then the Alpine Type X. Well i can say i never heard a Type X.. but i've heard an Icon, and they sound good and can get loud. Also the Fi Q is a really good sound quality sub.

Not sure why i want to go with Fi, just what im feelin i guess, i also dont know anybody with Fi's or have really ever heard of them where i am so id like to be unique.

What vehicle?

What upgrades do you have and are willing to do? Big 3, batteries, HO alt, etc?

What kind of dimensions are you working with?

Did you want multiple smaller subs or one large one?

Lastly what's your budget?

We cannot tell you how loud something is, it is all vehicle Dependant, there are lots of things that go into something being loud, more so than just the woofers.

+1

What are your goals sq spl or a daily driver?

You listed the entire line up, Come on man !! :suicide-santa:

Do some research and narrow that down a little bit.

2725244910100472774s600.jpg

...if your looking for sq type stuff i would actually suggest looking at Tc sounds their stuff is really high quality sub's for a alright price.

Ok, well. Iv already said that I'm driving a 2004 impala. The reason I named the whole line up of Fi is because iv never heard any of them. I guess I'm more towards spl but I still want a decent amount of sound quality. I dont want something that's insanely loud and sounds likes shit. Hope that helps

I decided to narrow it down a bit between either the Fi BTL or the Fi BL. Now i still want quality so would it be better going with the BL? Im only getting 2 12"'s but im not sure which one is better i guess. Iv been looking at the specs and they dont seem THAT much different, but thats also because iv never heard either of them in person so i cant really make a conclusion yet.

I decided to narrow it down a bit between either the Fi BTL or the Fi BL. Now i still want quality so would it be better going with the BL? Im only getting 2 12"'s but im not sure which one is better i guess. Iv been looking at the specs and they dont seem THAT much different, but thats also because iv never heard either of them in person so i cant really make a conclusion yet.

if you can afford the electrical upgrades and amps to run ~4000watts then get a pair of btls, if not, go with the bls.

Alright. Now do the btl's have good sq? Iv been looking around and all I can find is talking about spl. Obv cause they are spl subs but I'd still like to know how good the sq is.

They are not SPL subs. With your experience, SQ isn't what you should worry about at all. You don't even know what SQ is. You'll be fine with either the BL or BTL. You can run them both on the same power if you want as well. So if you can afford to have the BTL, get it. The box and install the most crucial part though. It can make your BTL weaker than an SSD or vice versa.

Sq is sound quality ? And obviously I want sound quality with my subs....

Then you just proved you don't know what it means. Read the noob posting guidelines once more (you agreed to follow them when you joined) and you will understand this better.

Just to put things into perspective SQ and SPL are DIRE opposites. An SPL box is one that gets as loud as possible (ie peaky as possible) the SQ box will do the opposite and be as flat as possibe (ie no peaks).

The BTL won't sound any worse than the Type X if you build the right box.

Oh, and GUARANTEED you don't want SQ. Really obvious from your posts. Please never use/misuse the term again.

Your idea of sq is of: "beamer, mercedes, etc cars are fast" and true diehard sq audiophiles is of: "formula one cars are fast"

Bad analogy, but my point is: The btl is geared for getting loud, but it still sounds good and in end you'd be happy with it's ability to accurately reproduce bass.

Now if your #1 goal is true sq then you'd look into the Qs icons xcons...

At least that's what I believe.

....Hard to sound really good!!!!! in a trunk. I have 12inch bl's my whole design was geared to get loud and murder the lows does all the above fantasticly but rattles like a BISH inside the cab because of no sound damping which will make the most difference in the sq part. Which goes back to instal :)) but the xcon is a amazing SOUNDING woofer makes my bl's cry :( but im a loud type person I like the tickets to roll in and tap my bank account :)