smashedz28

front stage advice

Ive been playing with my front stage for a little while and its just not cutting it for me.. let me give some info here, I have a 18" BTL running off a sundown 1500 @ 1 ohm, Damn speaker hits real hard (ported box). in a 97 Tahoe 4door. I dont know much about running a proper sounding front stage, i have deadened the 2 front doors and placed a pair of Zapco i-6 components in the front 2 doors. Powered by an older fosgate 600.4, using the supplied crossover (passive i believe?). I also have 2 eclipse coaxial's in the rear doors running off the same amp as the fronts. I have done the whole Velcro thing on the tweets moving them around to see what I like best.. they sound just ok.. Am i expecting too much from a set of components? I dont expect them to be the best sounding things in the world but i want a high end that sounds decent over this monster btl in the back lol. Im nowhere talented enough to fiberglass my door panels and use 2 pair per door and the local shop wants an outrageous amount of money to do it for me.. I havent tried putting speakers in the pillars just yet. What would you guys do at this point? Different components? appreciate any response given Thanks

'

Maybe try 2 components on each door...because BTL's are beasts or go 8 Midbass 3 inch midrange and 1 inch tweet...

Double Post..... :suicide-santa:

Edited by cheese20323

lol, i wish... ill probably need some fiberglassed door panels to make that all work out.. thats what i want.. but at this point because of price im trying to avoid. if there was a site i could goto and buy pre glassed door panels i would be all over it.. but its just something i dont feel comfortable doing myself or paying a shitload for from a local shop. trying to work with the stock location for the speakers.. maybe its not realistic to expect any 6.5 speaker set to sound good over a btl? lol i dont know.

lol, i wish... ill probably need some fiberglassed door panels to make that all work out.. thats what i want.. but at this point because of price im trying to avoid. if there was a site i could goto and buy pre glassed door panels i would be all over it.. but its just something i dont feel comfortable doing myself or paying a shitload for from a local shop. trying to work with the stock location for the speakers.. maybe its not realistic to expect any 6.5 speaker set to sound good over a btl? lol i dont know.

Your going to need a god component set and maybe going active maybe a set from Bravox...SSA is having a great deal on them..whats the most you will spend?

depends.. deep down i cant see a set of components in stock location doing much more than what i have now.. i was thinking i would get people telling me I was correct.. maybe im not lol.. its hard for me to run out and buy another component set after i just bought this one (zapco) .. but if it would solve my problem i could spend 200 or so give or take. But Im sure its impossible for anyone to be able to tell. Ill look into the bravox and see if anything catches my eye.

You could try a set of the Q logic kick panels, they look very nice - like they came that way from the factory. That way you could run 6.5's in the door and 6.5's in the floor.

That would not be too hard to install. Might not sound the best as far as imaging, but would have the potential to get louder.

I have the bravox carbon fiber comps on an sax125.2 :morepower1: and they get VERY loud. and sound crystal clear also

hmm, both good ideas.. I just really hate the stock location in a Tahoe like mine, real low close to the floor.. i have an s10 also and i installed a cheap set of kicker 4 x 6's in the dash and damn those sound so good to me.. i know thats just because the sound is coming from a lot higher up, do they make q logic's for the a pillars? some sound up higher in the vehicle might also do it for me.

I have the bravox carbon fiber comps on an sax125.2 :morepower1: and they get VERY loud. and sound crystal clear also

Which one's? CS60CF, for $225 right now here at SSA ?

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks Duran. yes the cs60cf up front and the cx60cf in the rear. going to be on an sax50.4 by this weekend.

how about bridge your amp to the component set you have now

how about bridge your amp to the component set you have now

The old RF amps will only do mono bridged.

To the OP, I recommend mounting your tweeters in the a-pillars or top of the door. I aslo recommend trying differnt phasing combos between the tweeters and mids. I generally start by changing the phasing on the driver that sounds most out of place.

lets see here.. Punkeyboozter .. i like the idea but that almost looks photoshoped lol. doesnt look real, but i understand.. not a bad idea and thats something i could probably manage to do. duran and steve thanks for clarification on those speakers. and j-roadtatts , im not sure if its a phase issue.. doesnt that just reverse the speakers? as in instead of pushing they will pull in... will that effect the loudness? they sound clean just cant be heard well over the btl. I believe they are getting as much power as they are rated for from the current amp, if not more.. i have tried 'pumping' everything up a little thru all the deck settings which lead to them sounding muffled.. one person called it something thermal with the amp.. pushing them too hard i guess.. it has done this with 2 amps ive tried with them when the deck is set a certain way. who knows.. i think im going to attempt to get the tweets up in the pillars first off. right now they are located on the upper portion of the door panel, as high as possible while still looking decent (still havent cut holes just velcro, lol) thanks you guys for the advice.