ShagggDiesel

Good budget 10" sub

My girlfriend finally confessed she wants some bass in her ride. :woot: So I'm trying to figure out what I want to do as far as her sub. I'm looking for a decent 10".. nothing special. Rated around 300-800 rms. SPL or SQ don't outweigh each other here.. this is more or less just practice for me as far as my box building goes, and adding a little bass to her Saturn Ion. Preferably need a d2 so I can get a final 4 ohm load to bridge. I'll probably just be getting a cheap 2 ohm stable A/B amp to push it.. She doesn't care or have the ear to tell the difference in quality so it doesn't really matter. My budget is no more than ~100-120 after shipping for the sub. I'm open to all ideas, and if anyone has a sub for sale around this range, DO let me know! :)

I am open to 12" subs too, as long as they don't require a massive box and don't exceed my budget. I will probably be building a ported box for this sub, since I haven't before. Like I said, It will be practice for me.. And if I mess up, she won't care :lol2:

Thats pretty cheap for a woofer, Alpine Type R comes to mind.

Was thinking that too.

Just came accross this: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-USED-SUNDOWN-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WOOFER-SA-10-D2-10-/270655028060?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item3f044bfb5c#ht_486wt_905

I know it would put you out of your budget by a few bucks with shipping but a DCON 10 @ $115 would be a great choice. 1-1.25 enclosure ported. It is said these are allways being overlooked because of the lower power handling, but give great performance for the $. Good Luck!!

maybe one sa-8 or sa-10 sundown?

Was thinking that too.

Just came accross this: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-USED-SUNDOWN-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WOOFER-SA-10-D2-10-/270655028060?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item3f044bfb5c#ht_486wt_905

Ebays cool for NEW equipment..

Any idiot can post a sub on Ebay that be beat to piss everyday and clipped the shit out of it.

Just my .2

As much as i hate to say it, if you are going for output without caring about SQ.. i'd get kicker over alpine

Was thinking that too.

Ebays cool for NEW equipment..

Any idiot can post a sub on Ebay that be beat to piss everyday and clipped the shit out of it.

Just my .2

As much as i hate to say it, if you are going for output without caring about SQ.. i'd get kicker over alpine

Good advice. I'll keep that in mind. :thanx:

The fi x seems to be a solid budget sub

I would just pick up a cvr 12 and put it in like 1.5 ported..

I have 2 cvr 12's on a super super old sony xplod 760 maybe seeing 300rms and its slapping haaaaaaaaaaaaard

I have 2 cvr 12's on a super super old sony xplod 760 maybe seeing 300rms and its slapping haaaaaaaaaaaaard

I put a CVR 12 in a friends car in a pre-fab pawn shop ported box on about 600 watts, and anything below 60 hz sounded like blowing air through a straw into a cup of milk.

I put a CVR 12 in a friends car in a pre-fab pawn shop ported box on about 600 watts, and anything below 60 hz sounded like blowing air through a straw into a cup of milk.

^ That is why.

That is no reason to bash on a cvr, like people say on here the build is all about the box and from what I am hearing the box was tuned way too high.

I have mine in like 3cuft and its tuned to around 32hz and the lows hit almost as good as my ssd 15" did.

Edited by ShaneSauce

^ That is why.

That is no reason to bash on a cvr, like people say on here the build is all about the box and from what I am hearing the box was tuned way too high.

I have mine in like 3cuft and its tuned to around 32hz and the lows hit almost as good as my ssd 15" did.

I'm not trying to bash, but I had a powerbass in the same box, same amp, same vehicle, and the lows were much clearer and responsive. Idk though, they could be decent woofers in the right enclosure. I just personally haven't heard a setup of kickers yet that sound "good". Yes, they can get loud, but they have sounded like diarrhea.

I'd compare them to the old MTX Thunder 5000s or Pioneer IMPP of the late 90s.

This is also a really good choice for under $100 shipped

Click

I wouldn't buy anything from RE that was blinged up and an X was added to the end. Original RE > new RE. Its funny that they change the ratings on some of the original subs to make the newer ones look better. Shag, I got a 12" RE RE older style here but its dual 4 ohms. If you want it, you can have it for $50.

Can you send me a pic of that RE you have phi? I'd rather have a d2 so I can bridge it but that's not a big deal for this situation.

What about Incriminators 187 series? Looks like another decent entry/budget sub. A little cheaper then the dcon. Both would be nice I would think.

I have one of those "blinged up" REX12's ported off 200 watts and its pretty impressive for 60 bucks, I also spent 65 on some PCX102's that were pretty nice as well.

Get her a dcon and she will give you sex.

Win!

????

Profit

Yes, I am an idiot. :WTFBubble::ughdunno:

I'm going to second this and say spend a little extra money and go with a Dcon. Best money I've ever spent on a sub.

I know it would put you out of your budget by a few bucks with shipping but a DCON 10 @ $115 would be a great choice. 1-1.25 enclosure ported. It is said these are allways being overlooked because of the lower power handling, but give great performance for the $. Good Luck!!

Get her a dcon and she will give you sex. Win!

Get her a dcon and she will give you sex. Win!????Profit
Yes, I am an idiot. :WTFBubble::ughdunno: I'm going to second this and say spend a little extra money and go with a Dcon. Best money I've ever spent on a sub.

OK that gives 3 shouts for the DCON!!!! and some sex from the girlfreind!!!! Sounds like a win/win to me!!

I 4th a DCON :)

Ok, starting to narrow. SSA Dcon 10" vs. RE SRX 12" I can have the srx shipped to me for less than 100. The Dcon puts me at 142. Little over my budget. Anyone wanna donate to my paypal since I will be getting sex? :peepwall: