diablo_331

Colby's Golf TDI Build. (Hope you like pics)

Don't let the the low weight fool ya on the DCON. They have plenty of beef where it counts and that's in the output and sq! :peepwall:

I will find out first hand hopefully tomorrow afternoon. I stared the box late yesterday afternoon while fighting the sunset. I mananged to get all 4 side panels cut out and fully assembled with 1.3/4" steel finishing nails and some Tight Bond 2, then let it set over night. Today I now have the enclosure fully assembled minus a terminal cup and I have some more sanding to do as the enclosure will be left bare for now.

Here are some of the high points on my shopping list from Lowes and Sears on Saturday morning.

Craftsman professional 6 3/4" saw

Craftsman jizzsaw- the nicest before the professional series

Extra blades for both the saw and jigsaw

Pretty heavy duty Craftsmantool bag.

2 2x4's

1 4x8 sheet of 14 inch plywood

1 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch 7 ply Birch

Tight Bond 2 woodglue

And a few other things including a square, another tape measure, 4 Ga ing connectors, 1.75" nails, wood screws ect.

Enclosure specs-

3/4" 7 Ply Birch

Sub up, port up

Double baffled and flush mounted

Outside dimentions iirc are as follows,

23" wide x 15.5" deep x 16.5" tall

I still have a good bit of sanding to do as this enclosure will he left bare and all corners/edges routed when I go home this weekend. The encloser is surprising light due to the low weight of the birch and Dcon combo. It is drying overnight and we shall have bass hopefully tomorrow. I know I have been slacking on the pictures but I am having camera troubles. I will try to get it figured out soon. Videos when I do!

Thanks,

Colby

3.05 cubes before all displacements.

Tuned to 29 hz

Port is 35 sq inches, 30" long, and is 2.5" x 14"

Port displaces 1.05 cubes and makes two 90s as it wraps around under the sub and climbs the far side wall.

Edited by diablo

Very nice pics indeed. There is a TDI a few blocks down from me that is insanely loud. Won't let anyone see inside, and his windows have limo tint, but I know he has a few very tall trophies. Keep us updated!!

More!

More pics, plus pics of the box this afternoon, as long as I find the time to get a little done today.

:eek5wavey: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey:

your doors are BS, thats the easyst to deaden doors i think i have ever seen. clean work man keep it up.

Yesterday was crazy. I did not get such work done except for installed the sub in it's new home. I will be out of the state and away from the build until Monday. Going home!

Safe travels man and I will just grab me some :popcorn: until you get back to update.

Safe travels man and I will just grab me some :popcorn: until you get back to update.

Where are you in DFW? I'm in West Fort Worth on the base. :eek5wavey:

your doors are BS, thats the easyst to deaden doors i think i have ever seen. clean work man keep it up.

I did get quite lucky with how the doors are built. Very easy to deaden. I have an idea that I want to try with sealing the doors with leaving the 6.5's mounted where they are with using a 6" PVC coupler. I guess you have to see where the speaker is mounted compared to stock. The speaker is mounted to the outside door panel itself. The factory location is 4ish inches directly behind where it is now. It is simple and not only will seal the door but also give the speaker something very solid to mount too. I'll have to look at it a little more and see if it can be done yet or not. I'll keep you guys updated!

yea that is BS man... lol ... My Yota Cam has little space to get to the outer skin... I think I might have to cut out some openings and then do some wood panels for the speakers...

My computer was being a little wacky last night so I couldn't get the pics up.

Bummer!! :popcorn:

I am in New Orleans for the night. I am getting back to Texas tomorrow but i am leaving for my home in Louisiana shortly after. The build will be put on pause until at least Monday. :peepwall:

Where are you in DFW? I'm in West Fort Worth on the base. :eek5wavey:

Im in Arlington by the Cowboy and Ranger stadiums.

I would really love to hear this when done. It will have to be one of the best performance per dollar systems in a long time. :)

That's the goal! A high performance to cost ratio. But I guess that is everyones goals. I just got lucky and hit two nice group buys back to back thanks to SSA.

I did get quite lucky with how the doors are built. Very easy to deaden. I have an idea that I want to try with sealing the doors with leaving the 6.5's mounted where they are with using a 6" PVC coupler. I guess you have to see where the speaker is mounted compared to stock. The speaker is mounted to the outside door panel itself. The factory location is 4ish inches directly behind where it is now. It is simple and not only will seal the door but also give the speaker something very solid to mount too. I'll have to look at it a little more and see if it can be done yet or not. I'll keep you guys updated!

Find a way to mount solidly to the inner door skin. Fitting the speaker in place of the stock one is ideal in these cars as far as midbass goes but then you wouldn't get good performance higher up in the spectrum.

The PVC will be attatched to the inner skin. I am not sure how that will happen yet. I'm just hoping to get some decent midbass out of my doors. Just tossing ideas around but it all checks out in my own head but who knows how credible those guys are. Lol

I got the enclosure routed and mostly done with the filling and sanding while I was home. My check engine light came on while I was on my way home last night, so I am taking it in to the dealer to pull it this afternoon.

The PVC will be attatched to the inner skin. I am not sure how that will happen yet. I'm just hoping to get some decent midbass out of my doors. Just tossing ideas around but it all checks out in my own head but who knows how credible those guys are. Lol

I got the enclosure routed and mostly done with the filling and sanding while I was home. My check engine light came on while I was on my way home last night, so I am taking it in to the dealer to pull it this afternoon.

lookin good man. caant wait to see it done.

but dont go to the stealership to have them pull it. they usually charge to pull th code. go to o'riley auto, advance auto, etc. its free! :D

Your doors are going to be the envy of all of us who have had to deaden a door through a little access hole.

Good luck with getting the door speaker mounting figured out. :)

When I say dealer I mean the 20 year TDI mechanic that I purchased the car from. He won't charge me anything to pull the code.

On another note. Black Ops anyone? My gamer tag is CajunJeeper on 360. I don't have a headset ATM, but hit me up.

Your doors are going to be the envy of all of us who have had to deaden a door through a little access hole.

Good luck with getting the door speaker mounting figured out. :)

X2, those doors are meant to be deadened lol i've got too many scratches from doing mine. Your doors are just unfair!

Looking good, man. :drink40: