swagger_wagon468

im buying 2 Kicker L7's 12". how to tell if they r good. and a

AP 3k link

So I guess the Audiopipe catalog for the AP3000d is wrong when it says :1 ohm stable

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

Click on the pic to zoom and see for yourself.

Actually yes that is wrong. It has been talked about numerous times here. Please read up on products before you bash on someones suggestion or suggest them yourself.

Cool edit. I wasn't bashing his suggestion i was merely going by what the AP catalog said and and the catalog just so happened to be wrong. Keep your dumb ass comment to yourself..

You also made a comment about the power handling of the sub being higher than what was stated numerous times. I just think you should at least learn about the equipment that is being discussed before you throw your opinions into the mix so you will be able to provide a better insight as many new people on here know very little about the equipment. Any miss information could cause a lot of problems for the people starting the posts.

Dude, I previously said "My bad, I was looking at the 15" specs." Sorry I make mistakes dude. Everyone does at one time or another. Get over it. The world moves on; okay? Chill out. Damn.

Now, take your time, as Tyrefryr wrote.

Double check, double check !

Ask questions, one new topic per question. It will be easier for people to answer back.

It's the hard part : you have the subs looking at you and no sound !

Don't worry, you'll find a good deal on an amp.

The biggest part is to have the right box for your car and your subs. Be careful!!

Read the more you can here.

Good luck :)

Yea... I hope to have the subs in by the new year. I need christmas money for the amp and box. Haha. Now as for the box... do people on here build boxes for.people? Preferably close by? Cuz. I don't have the tools nor the.knowledge.

...bump for anyone building custom tuned boxes? It will be a while before I get it, but I just wanna kno whatim lookin at price wise. ;)

A custom built ported box usually runs 200-400 IIRC. Your best bet is to pay somebody a tenth of that for a design then conning someone into helping you put it together. Also homedepot will make your cuts for you so all that leaves is assembly. Also a sheet of MDF is around 30

A custom built ported box usually runs 200-400 IIRC. Your best bet is to pay somebody a tenth of that for a design then conning someone into helping you put it together. Also homedepot will make your cuts for you so all that leaves is assembly. Also a sheet of MDF is around 30

Great idea to just buy a design :) . I completely forgot that my grandpa has a full work shop. Haha. We built all the new consession stands in the Georgia Dome. (We gotz mad skills yo!) Haha.maybe he and I could build it if I buy a design...hmm... sounds like a plan to me. :D thanks.

Hell if you lived closer, i usually charge less than $250 for a custom built box. bummer. Good luck with your install, it should be bangin!

Thanks man. Im hopin there's either someone that builds custom boxes or make designs... but I dont have to worry about that untill around christmas. So hopefully I can have either a.box or design by then... L7's were not even close to my first choice. But at only$ 200 for.the pair, I couldn't pass them up. I asked if Khaotic could do a box for the L7's . No responds yet.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

They most likely can and will, just gotta be patient.

Thats a good amp to go with. And yes, 600W per sub will be enough. The biggest thing will be getting the CORRECT box. It may cost you but don't settle for anything less than the optimal volume, 3/4" MDF, and a double front baffle (means the front piece where the sub connects is 2 sheets thick).

Just to reharp on what tirefryer said. Double check everything. Do a lot of reading. I remember when I first started into car audio, I found everything so confusing, really really confusing actually, but its a simple process once you get the hang of it, and everything will really make sense when you put it all together.

Good luck with your first build. My first sub was an L7 (that I got a great deal on as well) in 3.25 Cu Ft. tuned to 36Hz running off a Boss amp (got a good deal on as well... free) and it was a blast. Remember to respectful as well when you have your subs. Nobody enjoys your music as much as you do, so don't force other cars to listen to your music.

Thats a good amp to go with. And yes, 600W per sub will be enough. The biggest thing will be getting the CORRECT box. It may cost you but don't settle for anything less than the optimal volume, 3/4" MDF, and a double front baffle (means the front piece where the sub connects is 2 sheets thick).

Just to reharp on what tirefryer said. Double check everything. Do a lot of reading. I remember when I first started into car audio, I found everything so confusing, really really confusing actually, but its a simple process once you get the hang of it, and everything will really make sense when you put it all together.

Good luck with your first build. My first sub was an L7 (that I got a great deal on as well) in 3.25 Cu Ft. tuned to 36Hz running off a Boss amp (got a good deal on as well... free) and it was a blast. Remember to respectful as well when you have your subs. Nobody enjoys your music as much as you do, so don't force other cars to listen to your music.

Ok. I'm dfinately.getting the 2500.1. But I swear it was 525$ the other day. Now its 575$ Lol.

And I kno that i don't have the skills to design a box. Is there any certain people that you would recomend for a design? I can make it. I just need a design. .My grandpa has a full work shop with practically every tool u could need. And yea it is really confusing at the moment. Lol. Hopefully I get the hang of everything.

It might be that the pre order pricing has ended but I don't really know... you said you have access to tools correct? I had a man that goes by the name Fallen over on another site and he does basic box designs for $10 and add $5 for a cut sheet I got two designs one ported and one sealed all I had to do was buy sheets of MDF at lowe's. I am happy with his work so you might give him a try. Here's his link.

http://www.nightmareaudio.com/index.html

your going to have to dig up your subs spec's he will need that. Shoot him an email and explain what your thinking about.

Edited by crunkjuice1

^thanks man.

Any other suggestions? I really like th curve next to the port like khaotic does. I saw a thread on here where a guy by the name of Bromo made a design for a box for someone. Is he also a good go to guy for box designs? Thanks everyone.

And I kno I should technically be doing seperate threads fir each question... but I figured since I have this thred ... I might as well ask them in here. Now when I have questions about installs etc, then ill do seperate threads. If this is a problem, please let me know.

And to ///M5, sorry about mouthing off to you via PM. I was in a bad mood. But not an excuse.

I appriciate all the help and knowledgable info that SSA and its members have given me. Thank you! :D

Now im off to go send a paypal for the BOSS ZED group buy amp. YAY!

Edit: gonna buy it tommoro. Paypal isn't working right in my Droid. Can't wait.

Edited by swagger_wagon468