swagger_wagon468

im buying 2 Kicker L7's 12". how to tell if they r good. and a

Its a digital multimeter. Cost like $15-$20 at any home improvement place like home depot, lowes, or sears. The amp kit could be good depending on if the wires are long enough to reach where ever you need them to. The other alternative is look into weldingsupply or knukonceptz (non-CCA) as they have good, cheap wire.

..I just think kicker amps are good but you can buy other amps for a way cheaper price for about 400 and put out a solid 2krms!!! JUST remeber L7's LIKE BIG BOX's!!!!!!! shouldnt be a problem for space in your whip. Hifonics HFi2500D(put out a solid 2krms only for 320$ on sonic) Or a Audioque 2200 for 389$ or the most common cheap amp audiopipe 3000d!!! all perfect amps for your setup just enough power and price range :)

Don't listen to this guy.

The hifonics puts out that 2kw at 1 ohm,same as the audioque.

You need a amp that delivers 1500w at 2 ohms.

The kicker is a great amp except for the subsonic.

The audiopipe 3000 is too much you'll smoke the subs.

Get the 1500 Kicker amp! and an adjustable subsonic filter.

..I just think kicker amps are good but you can buy other amps for a way cheaper price for about 400 and put out a solid 2krms!!! JUST remeber L7's LIKE BIG BOX's!!!!!!! shouldnt be a problem for space in your whip. Hifonics HFi2500D(put out a solid 2krms only for 320$ on sonic) Or a Audioque 2200 for 389$ or the most common cheap amp audiopipe 3000d!!! all perfect amps for your setup just enough power and price range :)

Hmm...ok was just some suggestions doesnt seem you have anything better since you just like stating the obvious. Stinger is some high quality wire good buy for the price if you plan on purchasing some.

Actually the Audiopipe 3k is rated at 2k at 2 ohms which would be fine because he has 2 d2 subs that are rated at 1000w a piece.

@ OP: If your looking to spend 550$, the Saz-2500d is on pre-order pricing for 525$ in the SSA store. Better than paying 550$ for only 1500w. It does 1200w at 2 ohms so you may not have to worry about electrical upgrades beyond the big 3.

By getting either the ap 3k or the saz-2500 you have the option of going to 1 ohm down the road if you want to upgrade subs. Just a thought.:)

Actually the Audiopipe 3k is rated at 2k at 2 ohms which would be fine because he has 2 d2 subs that are rated at 1000w a piece.

@ OP: If your looking to spend 550$, the Saz-2500d is on pre-order pricing for 525$ in the SSA store. Better than paying 550$ for only 1500w. It does 1200w at 2 ohms so you may not have to worry about electrical upgrades beyond the big 3.

By getting either the ap 3k or the saz-2500 you have the option of going to 1 ohm down the road if you want to upgrade subs. Just a thought.:)

The audiopipe is 3000 rms at 2 ohm (2 1500's strapped inside which gives 3000) and is not 1 ohm stable since that would make the 1500's .5 ohm stable so that last statement is false

AP 3k link

So I guess the Audiopipe catalog for the AP3000d is wrong when it says :1 ohm stable

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

Click on the pic to zoom and see for yourself.

hmm... sax2500.1 sounds like the amp! cant go wrong with sundown.

but would 600rms each be enpough?

Edited by swagger_wagon468

It would be enough to make noise yes. Plus, with the sundown you have a variable subsonic filter which the Kicker does not have, and if you decide to go ported that may be a problem because you will have to buy an extra subsonic if your box is tuned outside of the fixed filter on the Kicker. Honestly I don't know what the fixed filter is on the Kicker, but someone may know and chime in.

The 12" L7 is rated at 750 rms a piece !

The Sundown amp is a very good one, for future upgrades... at $550 it's agreat deal. at 2 ohms, it will provide enough power, you won't feel any difference from 1200 watts to 1500 watts.

But the 1500 Kicker is good too for your actual need.

Another choice is a Stetsom 2k6 or something (the 2 ohms model): take a look at the ssa store. They have it.

cheaper you can also buy a Clarion amp : one that gives you 1500 at 2 ohms.

Subsonic Filter is a filter that you set 2-3 hz under your box tuning to keep the sub under control mechanically so it wont tear apart due to over excursion and bottoming out. I don't really know the specific technical terms of it, but you do need one if you plan to go ported.

AP 3k link

So I guess the Audiopipe catalog for the AP3000d is wrong when it says :1 ohm stable

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

You are right, it is wrong. ;)

Check other websites it does 3000 at 2 ohm.

The ap 3000 is 2 1500's linked together in 1 case, like the other guy said. ;)

The Sundown 2500 would be a great choice, if u want to upgrade later you already have 2500w.

And it should do more then 1200w at 2 ohms.(atleast in perfect conditions)

And it has a subsonic filter and is quite efficient, so not a lot of strain on the electrical.

The 12" L7 is rated at 750 rms a piece !

The Sundown amp is a very good one, for future upgrades... at $550 it's agreat deal. at 2 ohms, it will provide enough power, you won't feel any difference from 1200 watts to 1500 watts.

Another choice is a Stetsom 2k6 or something (the 2 ohms model): take a look at the ssa store. They have it.

My bad, I was looking at 15's specs.

AP 3k link

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

Actually yes that is wrong. It has been talked about numerous times here. Please read up on products before you bash on someones suggestion or suggest them yourself.

Edited by Miller

AP 3k link

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

You are right, it is wrong. ;)

Check other websites it does 3000 at 2 ohm.

The ap 3000 is 2 1500's linked together in 1 case, like the other guy said. ;)

The Sundown 2500 would be a great choice, if u want to upgrade later you already have 2500w.

And it should do more then 1200w at 2 ohms.(atleast in perfect conditions)

And it has a subsonic filter and is quite efficient, so not a lot of strain on the electrical.

I <3 false advertisement! :suicide-santa:

I would second the choice of the Stetsom 2k6 and one of the 2 ohm models are for sale right now in the for sale section here and its only $390. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Okay, it's obvious you need some help and most people replying aren't thinking of when they were new to this.

Buy the subs if they work. That is a hell of a deal on them. Buy the amp kit as long as there is enough cable for your vehicle. That is also a deal. With the amp, get something cheap and between 1000-1500 watts @ 2 ohms. You are new to this and you WILL fuck up some equipment. Learn on the cheap stuff. You can spend $300 on an amp and break it, or you can spend $500+ and break it and pay for repair costs because chances are you are going to damage it by something not covered under warranty.

Take your time, doublecheck everything, and gain as much knowledge as you can. Just remember, when it comes to the internet, there is as much misinformation out there as there is quality information.

True **** Tirefryr what you just said explained it all :)) Best information you could ever told anybody.

AP 3k link

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

Actually yes that is wrong. It has been talked about numerous times here. Please read up on products before you bash on someones suggestion or suggest them yourself.

Cool edit. I wasn't bashing his suggestion i was merely going by what the AP catalog said and and the catalog just so happened to be wrong. Keep your dumb ass comment to yourself..

AP 3k link

3000 @ 1 ohm

2000 @ 2 ohm

1000 @ 4 ohm

Cool edit. I wasn't bashing his suggestion i was merely going by what the AP catalog said and and the catalog just so happened to be wrong. Keep your dumb ass comment to yourself..

You also made a comment about the power handling of the sub being higher than what was stated numerous times. I just think you should at least learn about the equipment that is being discussed before you throw your opinions into the mix so you will be able to provide a better insight as many new people on here know very little about the equipment. Any miss information could cause a lot of problems for the people starting the posts.

Okay, it's obvious you need some help and most people replying aren't thinking of when they were new to this.

Buy the subs if they work. That is a hell of a deal on them. Buy the amp kit as long as there is enough cable for your vehicle. That is also a deal. With the amp, get something cheap and between 1000-1500 watts @ 2 ohms. You are new to this and you WILL fuck up some equipment. Learn on the cheap stuff. You can spend $300 on an amp and break it, or you can spend $500+ and break it and pay for repair costs because chances are you are going to damage it by something not covered under warranty.

Take your time, doublecheck everything, and gain as much knowledge as you can. Just remember, when it comes to the internet, there is as much misinformation out there as there is quality information.

Thanks man. Best info yet.

Sooo all the voice coils read like 2.2 ohms. So I got them. As. For the amp kit...it was actually 4 ga. I didn't get it.

They shouldn't read 2.2 DCR if the coils are 2 ohm coils.

Maybe the DMM you used is off, by allot.

I would think 2 ohm coils should read between 1.5 - 1.8 DCR.

4 ohm coils around 3.0 - 3.3 DCR.

what did you have the DMM set for?

At least they all measure the same.