swagger_wagon468

im buying 2 Kicker L7's 12". how to tell if they r good. and a

hey. im buying 2 Kickedr L7's (the all black ones. i think 2009...? idk) after school today. and im getting a great deal. ($200 for both) he said they were only used for 2 weeks. but u never kno. he still has the boxes. i dont have an amp to test them. but when i asked him if it was ok if i brought one to test them...he said it was fine. so im assuming hes not BSing me. i think $200 is a great deal. what do you guys think? also, i will either be getting a kicker 750.1 and use one sub. or a 1500.1 and use both. i dont have the money to updrage my alternator...or get an extra batt, any opinions on that? its going into a 1994 Toyota Camry wagon v6. could i get away with both and that big of an amp? ill also be running a small 2 channel speaker amp soon tht will have 6.5 alpine type R's. that will come b4 the sub(s) and amp. thanks, jonathan replies b4 3:30 would be awesome. im driving about 1.5 hours to get them. thanks again

Edited by swagger_wagon468

If you can't run an extra battery or upgrade alternator, I wouldn't run a 1500watt amplifier (unless you gained down for the time being and upgraded electrical down the road).

Running both drivers on the 750 should get louder then a single driver due to twice the cone area.

I don't know how to be sure about the Kicker, but you can run them on a 1500 watts amp. you have a powerful car, the alt must not be too weak. Do the big 3 in 0 gauge wire and you'll be fine. Maybe you'll get an extra battery later.

I use my 1500 w amp and a 300 watts one for my speakers in my car without any HO alt or extra batt, with NO Problem !!!

Be careful of the VC config on the subs . If they're D4, don't buy the 1500 watts Kicker amp, it can't play at 1 ohm.

Good luck

:captain:

I don't know how to be sure about the Kicker, but you can run them on a 1500 watts amp. you have a powerful car, the alt must not be too weak. Do the big 3 in 0 gauge wire and you'll be fine. Maybe you'll get an extra battery later.

I use my 1500 w amp and a 300 watts one for my speakers in my car without any HO alt or extra batt, with NO Problem !!!

Be careful of the VC config on the subs . If they're D4, don't buy the 1500 watts Kicker amp, it can't play at 1 ohm.

Good luck

The subs are dual.2 ohm. And I must add that tthis is my first install of any kind. And the kicker amps run at 750 and 1500 watts at 2 ohms. So they r fine right? And how hard is it to do.the.big 3 myself?

Dual 2 ? You're good to go !!! you will be able to wire them so you have a final load of 2 ohm for the amp. If the amp is rated for 1500 at 2 ohms:fing34::fing34:

Be careful of the woofers you're buying !!!

If you can easily reach your alternator under the hood, the big 3 will be EASY. You just need 0 ga wire and ring connectors.

I can' t reach mine, so it's not finished yet, but I don't have any electrical problem with my 1500 w amp at 1 ohm.

There are a few topics about the big 3, look around.

:peepwall::

Good luck

The subs are dual.2 ohm. And I must add that tthis is my first install of any kind. And the kicker amps run at 750 and 1500 watts at 2 ohms. So they r fine right? And how hard is it to do.the.big 3 myself?

Here is the link to the Big 3 if you havn't seen it: Not that hard to do depending on the type engine setup you have.

Make a build log with lots of pics we at SSA love lots of pics. :fing34:

Dual 2 ? You're good to go !!! you will be able to wire them so you have a final load of 2 ohm for the amp. If the amp is rated for 1500 at 2 ohms:fing34::fing34:

Be careful of the woofers you're buying !!!

If you can easily reach your alternator under the hood, the big 3 will be EASY. You just need 0 ga wire and ring connectors.

I can' t reach mine, so it's not finished yet, but I don't have any electrical problem with my 1500 w amp at 1 ohm.

There are a few topics about the big 3, look around.

:peepwall::

Ok. So if I do the big 3. Ill. Be good with the 1500.1 amp? Right? Andwjat should I look for before buying the subs?

If you can't run an extra battery or upgrade alternator, I wouldn't run a 1500watt amplifier (unless you gained down for the time being and upgraded electrical down the road).

Running both drivers on the 750 should get louder then a single driver due to twice the cone area.

Not very accurate on either accounts.

1500w is fine on your stock alt, just don't be stupid

Running both on the 750 will theoretically not be louder if the coils weren't taken into account. 2x the cone area and half the power will pretty much wash. In this case since they are D2, if you are running a Kicker amp though you should run two otherwise you will be running the amp at 4ohms which is fine but you will still be at half power on a single driver.

Good luck

Here is the link to the Big 3 if you havn't seen it: Not that hard to do depending on the type engine setup you have.

Make a build log with lots of pics we at SSA love lots of pics. :fing34:

thanks man. Ill definitely do a build log. It will be more like a build log/I need help installing log. Haha

Not very accurate on either accounts.

1500w is fine on your stock alt, just don't be stupid

Running both on the 750 will theoretically not be louder if the coils weren't taken into account. 2x the cone area and half the power will pretty much wash. In this case since they are D2, if you are running a Kicker amp though you should run two otherwise you will be running the amp at 4ohms which is fine but you will still be at half power on a single driver.

U seem to be very knowledgeable. So I should run 2 kicker750.1amps instead of one 1500.1?

You should run ONE Kicker 1500 on these subs.

The Kicker 750.1 will be able to play at 4 ohms only on one D2 sub. These amps are not 1 ohm stable. don't try to run 2 of them on your subs.

Do you have a fantastic deal on Kicker amps ? What is your budget for the amp ? Maybe you can find something as good and cheaper. I think these amps don't have adjustable SubSonic Filters. it's not a good point if you want to run a ported enclosure.

Take a look at the Sundown amps, for example, or Stetsom too, on the ssa store, here.

and yes, M5 is very knowledgeable about caraudio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl2::roflmao:

You should run ONE Kicker 1500 on these subs.

The Kicker 750.1 will be able to play at 4 ohms only on one D2 sub. These amps are not 1 ohm stable. don't try to run 2 of them on your subs.

Do you have a fantastic deal on Kicker amps ? What is your budget for the amp ? Maybe you can find something as good and cheaper. I think these amps don't have adjustable SubSonic Filters. it's not a good point if you want to run a ported enclosure.

Take a look at the Sundown amps, for example, or Stetsom too, on the ssa store, here.

and yes, M5 is very knowledgeable about caraudio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl2::roflmao:

Ok. Well this is a budget system. I was plannin on getting the kicker 1500.1 at Crutchfield for like 550$ish. I want to stay around that or less. Whichever amp u guys recomend... I will get. I just wanna run them at Rms. No less. What amp do u recommend? Sundown 1500? But that's at 1 ohm... that is the main thing I don't get is ohms. I really don't wanna spend more than$ 600 on it.

Budget system ? Not really ! It's a good system, with a very good deal on subs !!! If you can find a cheaper amp, maybe you can upgrade your front speakers : you'll need something good to "keep up" with the bass !:morepower1:

The Kicker is fine !

Get an adjustable ssf with it, I think it's cheap.

Or build a low tune ported box (a few Hertz above the tuning of your box), but you may not like to loose some output. I don't know !

:morepower1: for the speakers !!!!!!!!!

The title reminded me of the SSA Intervention video LOL

Cory "they shoulda stole THAT shit instead!" hahahaha

YeA. I kno its gonna be a good system. So...I can use the kicker...I can't...I can... ? I want both subs to run at their 750rms. So I need to get whichever amp will achieve that. And I have a Kenwood HD545U headunit(not yet installed). And I was thinkin bout some alpine type r front speaakers. With a nice cheap amp. Im thinkin... 150 for the type r's and about 150 for the amp. So about 300$ for the front stage not including amp kit. I saw a pioneer 2channel amp with 125x2 at 4 ohms. That...I could use for my type r's. Sound good? Also... I don't have the skills to build a box. Anyone like to build me one? :D. Haha so which amp guys? Also...what should I look for when checking the subs? And...the. guy im buying them from has a fulll 0ga amp kit. Used. Its stinger brand. With rca's. For 35$ extra. Should I get. It?

I kno I asked alot of questions... but im going rift after school and I need answers. Haha. Thanks in advance.

Holy ellipses...too hard to read....doesn't make sense....try harder

Hes saying your spelling and grammar mistakes are illiterate and it's harming his intelligent mind.

YeA. I kno its gonna be a good system. So...if I use the kicker...will I get Rms on both subs??I do not understand ohms nor do I understand dual voic coils. I want both subs to run at their 750rms. So I need to get whichever amp will achieve that. Sooo... what amp for about$ 600 or less?

And I have a Kenwood HD545U headunit(not yet installed). And I was thinkin bout some alpine type r front speaakers. With a nice cheap amp. Im thinkin... 150 for the type r's and about 150 for the amp. So about 300$ for the front stage not including amp kit. I saw a pioneer 2channel amp with 125x2 at 4 ohms. I could use that for my type r's. Sound good?

Also... I don't have the skills to build a box. Anyone like to build me one? :D.

Also...what should I look for when checking the subs?

And...the. guy im buying them from has a fulll 0ga amp kit. Used. Its stinger brand. With rca's. For 35$ extra. Should I get. It?

I kno I asked alot of questions... but im going rift after school and I need answers. Haha. Thanks in advance.

Is that easier to read? I tried to make ir easier to read.

Hes saying your spelling and grammar mistakes are illiterate and it's harming his intelligent mind.

Haha. Well sorry about that. Im typing on my Droid X. I tried to fix it above.

I really need to kno what to look for when buying these, what to check etc... And whether or not to buy the 0ga Stinger amp kitfor $35 extra. Those are the things I mainly need to kno before I get out of school.

thanks, jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

..I just think kicker amps are good but you can buy other amps for a way cheaper price for about 400 and put out a solid 2krms!!! JUST remeber L7's LIKE BIG BOX's!!!!!!! shouldnt be a problem for space in your whip. Hifonics HFi2500D(put out a solid 2krms only for 320$ on sonic) Or a Audioque 2200 for 389$ or the most common cheap amp audiopipe 3000d!!! all perfect amps for your setup just enough power and price range :)

If it is possible to have him play the subs for you then that is what I would have him do. If this is not an option then take a dmm and hook it up to the coils to make sure they read around 2 ohms. Then I would push the cone in and listen for any coil rub. If they smell like any type of a burning smell just let him keep them. These will let you know for the most part how much damage has been done to them.

As for the amp. I know a lot of people here say for a cheap option to look at audiopipe which do have adjustable subsonic filters (This is a must for any ported sub application which is what I'm assuming you will do with the L7s). Last I saw Kicker still had no adjustable subsonic filter which makes you build the box around the amp which is what you do not want to do. If you buy both L7s then look for an amp that will put out 1500 rms at a 2 ohm load that has an adjustable subsonic filter (As long as it does this then it does not matter which amp you get). If you go for a single L7 then look for an amp that puts out 750 rms at 1 ohm and a subsonic filter.

Electrical may or may not be able to handle the 1500 watts you want, but it could. No one can answer how your car will react to the extra strain on the electrical.

For your speaker amp you should look into Class AB amps as they sound better than Class D amps. I believe the last I saw most of the pioneer 2 and even 4 channel amps were Class D.

Good luck on your search for equipment. I hope the L7s turn out to be a good buy for you.

..I just think kicker amps are good but you can buy other amps for a way cheaper price for about 400 and put out a solid 2krms!!! JUST remeber L7's LIKE BIG BOX's!!!!!!! shouldnt be a problem for space in your whip. Hifonics HFi2500D(put out a solid 2krms only for 320$ on sonic) Or a Audioque 2200 for 389$ or the most common cheap amp audiopipe 3000d!!! all perfect amps for your setup just enough power and price range :)

Thanks. Now what should I look for when buying these subs? And$ 35. For a 0 ga amp kit with rca's is good right?

If it is possible to have him play the subs for you then that is what I would have him do. If this is not an option then take a dmm and hook it up to the coils to make sure they read around 2 ohms. Then I would push the cone in and listen for any coil rub. If they smell like any type of a burning smell just let him keep them. These will let you know for the most part how much damage has been done to them.

As for the amp. I know a lot of people here say for a cheap option to look at audiopipe which do have adjustable subsonic filters (This is a must for any ported sub application which is what I'm assuming you will do with the L7s). Last I saw Kicker still had no adjustable subsonic filter which makes you build the box around the amp which is what you do not want to do. If you buy both L7s then look for an amp that will put out 1500 rms at a 2 ohm load that has an adjustable subsonic filter (As long as it does this then it does not matter which amp you get). If you go for a single L7 then look for an amp that puts out 750 rms at 1 ohm and a subsonic filter.

Electrical may or may not be able to handle the 1500 watts you want, but it could. No one can answer how your car will react to the extra strain on the electrical.

For your speaker amp you should look into Class AB amps as they sound better than Class D amps. I believe the last I saw most of the pioneer 2 and even 4 channel amps were Class D.

Good luck on your search for equipment. I hope the L7s turn out to be a good buy for you.

Thanks alot man. Very helpful. I kno its a dumb Q...but what is a dmm? Digital _____ meter? And as for the amp kit...good deal?

I owned the Brutus 2010 Hifonics amp and would definitely tell anyone to avoid them and splurge another $100-$200 for something like Sundown or look into other cheap brands like audioque or audiopipe. Atleast look into other mainstream brands that have a much better quality standpoint behind them like Rockford.