sundownz

Sundown X-8 Work in Progress

i see kevin @ skar has got his 8 on the way and priced under the sa wtf.

Entirely different drivers tend to be priced a little differently. :suicide-santa:

Any updates?

... and ?

it just seems like he's under cutting you and it looks alot like the e8 with a bigger motor

... and ?

and maybe you could shed some light on why you would help him develop a line that is supposed to be better on the bottom and be a little bit cheaper than the sa line

The driver is significantly different from both the E8 v.2 and SA-8 -- there is plenty of room in the market for drivers with various applications.

The driver is significantly different from both the E8 v.2 and SA-8 -- there is plenty of room in the market for drivers with various applications.

it's your wallet.

OEM work is commonplace in the industry -- but you usually don't know who is doing the work. For example... TC Sounds made woofers for countless companies; RE used to be an OEM provider; Fi/AA currently do OEM work, etc.

The markets for our products in the end are quite different as are the designs of the Skar woofers compared to our own so I am not concerned for my wallet so to speak :drink40:

OEM work is commonplace in the industry -- but you usually don't know who is doing the work. For example... TC Sounds made woofers for countless companies; RE used to be an OEM provider; Fi/AA currently do OEM work, etc.

The markets for our products in the end are quite different as are the designs of the Skar woofers compared to our own so I am not concerned for my wallet so to speak :drink40:

ah i get it. where you at on the x 8. oh and im sure your wallet is fine

I am waiting on a status update on the X-8 frame tooling -- once the frame is done we'll be much closer to a final prototype as the motor won't take long at all to machine up.

The soft parts hit a set-back that I was notified on 4/4/11 -- I was told about ~8 weeks which should be any time now I think; as long as the recovery effort of the manufacturer in Japan was a success.

I am also considering a less extreme new frame tooling for the SA-8 v.2 model -- which would leave only the E8 v.2 with a "stock" frame :fing34:

I am waiting on a status update on the X-8 frame tooling -- once the frame is done we'll be much closer to a final prototype as the motor won't take long at all to machine up.

The soft parts hit a set-back that I was notified on 4/4/11 -- I was told about ~8 weeks which should be any time now I think; as long as the recovery effort of the manufacturer in Japan was a success.

I am also considering a less extreme new frame tooling for the SA-8 v.2 model -- which would leave only the E8 v.2 with a "stock" frame :fing34:

i can't wait i got some w7 to pick on.haha

any new updates ?

Check his facebook there's a new frame design on there.

The X-8 is separate from the new frame I put on Facebook; the Facebook frame is for the SA-8 v.2

bet this will be a monster (in the smallest sense):drink40:

looking forward seeing testing vid's / demo of these

does this mean there are going to to be new frames with bigger spiderlandings for the 10's 12's and 15's too?

Edited by BASSmaster

The X-8 is separate from the new frame I put on Facebook; the Facebook frame is for the SA-8 v.2

Oh my mistake.

does this mean there are going to to be new frames with bigger spiderlandings for the 10's 12's and 15's too?

:peepwall:

:peepwall:

Dun dun duuuh!

the day pre order is aval for these im on deck for 4! originally was gonna hold out for em but decided to swoop 4 sa8s untill then..

well i cant wait ... im going to upgrade my sa-8's to these bad boys !!

Still no new updates. Haven't forgotten about the project but it's heavily delayed -- until then we have the SA-8 v.2 :)