aimone

cheap sub parts supplier

so i've googled everything i could think of with minimal results. so i'm asking you guys anyone know a good place to buy any and all parts needed to build/repair subs at decent prices? and im really looking for the tall arc shaped extended displacement surrounds, prefer rubber but foam will do. also looking for all other parts also.

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

The four biggest companies are Fi, NCA Labs, and SJA. I suggest the first two ;)

What exactly are you trying to do?

well i've got a few motors sittin around and my buddy is givin me his blown dd 9500 series subs so im wanting to find a good parts supply to start doin repairs, makin my own recones, building hybrids/customs, and eventually moving on to my own subs.

my dads best friend runs a machine shop so i can machinin my own motors

well i've got a few motors sittin around and my buddy is givin me his blown dd 9500 series subs so im wanting to find a good parts supply to start doin repairs, makin my own recones, building hybrids/customs, and eventually moving on to my own subs.

my dads best friend runs a machine shop so i can machinin my own motors

Just for starters, how do you intend on predicting and subsequently measuring T/S parameters with these hybrid, cobbled together subs?

ill figure that out when i get that deep into this. i figure ill start with building my own recones first and as i progress and do my research move on to building hybrids then eventually hopefully my own subs. see theres noone ive found here that repairs subs theres plenty of places that fix amps but no sub repair except refoams n thats bout it. so i figure why not learn and start making custom recones and make bank reconing for ppl and buying blown subs for pennies and recone and resale

ill figure that out when i get that deep into this. i figure ill start with building my own recones first and as i progress and do my research move on to building hybrids then eventually hopefully my own subs. see theres noone ive found here that repairs subs theres plenty of places that fix amps but no sub repair except refoams n thats bout it. so i figure why not learn and start making custom recones and make bank reconing for ppl and buying blown subs for pennies and recone and resale

lols, great plan. You should get some proper education before you try and design your own drivers.

PSI is there.. But their soft parts suck

PSI is there.. But their soft parts suck

Why do you say that if you dont mind me asking?

How do you intend on designing and building these initial recones when you have no means by which to predict or measure T/S parameters?

Despite what the internet would lead you to believe, you can't just throw random soft parts on some miscellaneous motor and end up with decent, much less good, results. Unless you (at absolute minimum) have a way to predict and measure T/S parameters, you are just going to be flushing money down the toilet by purchasing all of these parts, randomly assembling them, and then not having the slightest clue of what the final result actually is. You will also be ripping off the people who's subs you are reconing.

Sorry, but you need to seriously rethink your plan. It would be pretty inadvisable to do what you are wanting to do.

It'll take a bit o' studyin'

like i've already stated imma do my research, not say hmm i want this this and this slap it together still have a paperweight. i looked up the nca labs duran mentioned and there website says they can make/get wutever u need. so y couldnt i get identical parts from them that were in the blown sub? btw its also not like im startin this right away, its an idea of sumthing i would like to learn. like duran said it'll take alot of studying. i can do anything i set my mind to it just takes times

so y couldnt i get identical parts from them that were in the blown sub?

For starters, not every sub uses off-the-shelf parts. Good luck assembling a recone for a W7, for (extreme) example. So your options are going to be limited to subs that use non-customized parts.

Second, do you know how to go about identifying and ordering identical parts to achieve the same T/S parameters and same durability requirements as the original product?

Third, not everyone is going to sell parts individually, much less (for example) custom wind a single coil which is going to vary sub-to-sub. I don't now about NCA Labs, they might. But most companies are probably going to require 1) a minimum order quantity for each product, and/or 2) require you purchase their standard products, no custom jobs.

Most of the "recones" you see people doing on the internet are not using the original OEM parts, more than likely due to one or many of the above reasons (and probably more I didn't state here).

So, all in all, I don't think it's going to be as easy as you seem to think. I'm not trying to be a jackass here either. The internet forums have given people the idea that anybody can go out, buy some parts, put them together as they see fit and come out with some fantastic sub......when this isn't the case. I'm trying to help eradicate the misconception that it's as easy as the internet makes it out to be.

Presision Econowind does custom coils, although a single coil will be spendy.

Presision Econowind does custom coils, although a single coil will be spendy.

The other problem I forgot to mention about ordering something in singles even if the company will supply just one. Price.

Exactly, it kinda defeats the purpose of your "cheap" sub parts supplier.

If they are American made woofers, email Nick at Fi, he can probably get everything you'll need.

Your taking on a tall task! Good luck to you on your quest!

Eminence and Credence are another option for you to try but I highly doubt they will sell you anything in a single qty!

fixmyspeaker sells all kinds of parts and recone kits . try them

Edited by big dee

fixmyspeaker sells all kinds of parts and recone kits . try them

Or not. :turkey: