swagger_wagon468

ordering Alpine Type R's. 6.5" (Crutchfield vs. WoofersETC?...

so im going to probly get some alpine type R's for my front stage.(not possitive yet.) and crutchfield is $149.99. and WoofersETC is $99.99.

what does crutchfeild include that would make it worthwhile to buy them at $50 more?(considering they include all installation suplies for "free") ive never ordered speakers from either place.

thanks.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

actually warranty.... woofersetc is not an authorized dealer for Alpine...

yes quite a few... Sundown a fave here has them on their list... a lot of others... my suggestion would be to visit the company's website and look under their support or dealer locator to find out who is authorized... works wonders to know who is and who isn't authorized...

$50 (or 50%) more for a warranty on speakers. That's a lot !

I have purchased products from crutchfield in the past. The higher prices are for warranty, awesome customer service, and if you specify the vehicle you are buying the equipment for the give you step by step instructions on how to install. Also if you need adapter brackets and/or wiring adapters those are included in the price also. Crutchfield is great for people that may not know how to take their dash apart or their interior door panels off, etc.

I wouldn't call their customer service awesome, but then I also wouldn't buy the type R's. I sure hope you've listened to them already.

I wouldn't call their customer service awesome, but then I also wouldn't buy the type R's. I sure hope you've listened to them already.

i havent. what would you suggest for aroud $100? bravox cf coax? thats what i want but idk if the tweet will stick out to far.

$50 (or 50%) more for a warranty on speakers. That's a lot !

Unless you end up having to buy a 2nd set of speakers because the non-warrantied speakers have something go wrong that would have been covered under warranty.

Because if that happens, then the warrantied speakers are $50 cheaper ;)

WoofersEtc still offers there 30 day warranty.....

i havent. what would you suggest for aroud $100? bravox cf coax? thats what i want but idk if the tweet will stick out to far.

Can't and won't if this is all the energy and time you'll put into a thread. Read the noob posting guidelines and follow them, or just buy the shit you thought you were going to before you attempted to rationalize your purchase by starting a thread. Although you've proven so far that isn't a good idea...