threedd97

Amp going into protect periodically

My setup is in my sig.

I have everything set right on the amp and all the wires have solid connections, but no matter what I put the gain at and what volume I listen at, the amp will go into protect sometimes and then come out of it.

I'm wired to 1 ohm @ 1000w. I don't get it. Could I have damaged my amp when the brahma blew? I had bass boost on with the brahma and didn't know it until I went and checked the levels when I hooked up the icon. I turned all that off so it's not on anymore.

Any thoughts? If I forgot some info that you need, let me know.

What is your voltage at when playing, check your voltage at the amp as well? What does your electrical consist of as well?

What are the settings on your amp now?

I'll check the ground when I get off. I thought it was good the last time I checked.

Gain is 1/3 and xover is at like 80hz I think. I'll have to look. Subsonic and bass boost are down all the way. I played around with all the settings and it's always the same result.

It's possible I knocked the ground loose when grounding my xm box in the trunk.

Yes you possible could have knocked the ground off. Double check all your wiring, sounds like a bad ground. Make sure it is connected to a good metal spot with no paint.

My electrical is stock, but I've never had this amp do this before. Or any other amp. I wonder If I damaged it somehow.

Well I checked it on my break and it looks fine. The ground is connected to the seatbelt base. Although the base looks like it's painted black. But the ground hasnt changed since my last install and this didn't happen before.

Well I checked it on my break and it looks fine. The ground is connected to the seatbelt base. Although the base looks like it's painted black. But the ground hasnt changed since my last install and this didn't happen before.

Bingo! Scrape that shit off asap! :)

It might be too late to fix it now..

Once you go black, you never go back

Well the ground is the same as it has always been and it didn't do this before. Why would it start up now?

I have everything set right on the amp

No you didn't/don't. You've alluded that you have no problem but you do which means you don't have everything set right.

That doesn't help me... I know enough about setting gains to know it's not wrong and shouldn't be going into protect. Like I said I ran this amp for 6 months and it never did it. The only thing I did different was turn off bass boost.

Maybe it's the remote wire? The audio place I went to ran the remote wire to the 12v power outlet with a 10a fuse because I had the stock radio for last install. I wonder if it's this because sometimes the amp won't even turn on.

That doesn't help me... I know enough about setting gains to know it's not wrong and shouldn't be going into protect. Like I said I ran this amp for 6 months and it never did it. The only thing I did different was turn off bass boost.

Imagine that. Your info to us hasn't help us help you so why are you complaining? You stated everything is right, but have a problem that defines specifically differently but share no information. NOT a productive way to make a thread. :( :(

From what I've gathered it sounds like your amp is messed up.

Get another 1000w amp and test it in your car.

Yeah I wrote arc audio an email and see what they say. I'll probably send it in to see if it's a problem with the amp and get it fixed.

cover your bases and just sand the spot where your ground is just take inline fuse out first.

I did some research on bcae1 and it sounds like it could possibly be a failed transistor. Sometimes the LED will be solid green, but no movement or sound from the sub. Sometimes it will go into protect mode and from what I gather, the code it's giving out means there is a short. Plus when I turned off the preouts from the headunit to the amp, I sometimes here a loud noise from the sub that lasts a fraction of a second. As soon as I heard that happen I disconnected the sub from the amp and pulled the inline fuse.

I guess I'll have to spend some more money and wait even longer for the amp to be repaired now.