kilo0420

15 inch Fi X series with bp option

Heres my question I was going to do a budget 4 15s build. I originally was going to do kicker comp vr but after I looked at the ts on the 15 inch x series I think I could get better low end out of it vs comp vr (sealed enclosure) so I was wondering how many extra watts would the x take with the bp option as I have a mb quart dsc 2000.1 and I don't want to damage the subs.

Thermally, they will handle a few hundred watts more than rated, mechanically the BP Option does nothing to increase power handling.

Why are you doing 4 15"s sealed?

Defeats the purpose really.

So what is the bp option for. And I have had several boxes built for me and I seem to like the frequency range of sealed which is why I am going to add more. Subs do you think a low tuned ported would be better

ported @ 33hz daily. no matter what i play rap,rock,country,to classical all pounds n sounds great. hits the low lows and still hits the higher bass notes too.

also y 4 cheap 15's? for the price u could get 2 beefier subs and accomplish the same or better

Edited by aimone

Well I was in a buddies durango the other day and he has 4 cvr 15 and it was loud as hell so I decided on cvr but seen these x series and thought these would be a better choice plus everyone around me has kicker alpine or jl so I wanted to be different. So is it worth it to add the bp option.

Honestly, you could probably get 2 SSD 15's ported at 32hz and it would be louder than 4 15's sealed.

Honestly, you could probably get 2 SSD 15's ported at 32hz and it would be louder than 4 15's sealed.

X2, or even BL's. Unless you're just going for looks. Which to me performance > looks. AND Quality > quantity. But to each has their own.. You'd just be saving space, and it'd probably sound better going the routes that have been mentioned above. The "wow" factor of being loud from a small number of drivers as opposed to being loud with a bunch of big drivers is more impressive to me.

This weekend I competed against a truck with 4 15" drivers in a sealed enclosure. I had a single 18" in ported enclosure and we were doing virtually the same numbers (Within tenths of a db). :peepwall:

Plus, all that weight of 4 15's and all that mdf will reduce your gas mileage significantly. you could get 2 15's and cut that weight in half and still receive similar output than 4 15's sealed. Just trying to be sensible here you know? You'd wow the heck out of your friend that has 4 15's sealed with 2 BL's ported.

single BTL 18" :ughdunno:

Sealed Wall is like a chick with no ass..

Save on the money invested in the 4 15s and wood w/supplies and go with 2 better drivers with a ported wall.

Sealed Wall is like a chick with no ass..

Save on the money invested in the 4 15s and wood w/supplies and go with 2 better drivers with a ported wall.

Well put. :P

I see everyone here talking negatively about sealed enclosures. Are ALL sealed enclosures bad? Or just when it comes to big builds?

I see everyone here talking negatively about sealed enclosures. Are ALL sealed enclosures bad? Or just when it comes to big builds?

Sealed enclosures aren't bad, but doing a "big build" is generally done in order to get loud. Typically ported enclosures are louder to begin with, so why spend more money on more drivers when you can simply port the enclosure and gain dbs.

Sealed gets more hairtricks...

I just like the way his sounded vs my old setup 2 15 inch l7 a memphis mojo 2500x1 and a 9.0 cbft enclosure tuned to 35htz his was everybit as loud as mine was but the pressure build up in the ears and chest were pretty intense and he had half as much in his as I had in mine so that is why I wanted a budget build with 4 15 I know I can get louder with 2 but I love cone area

So. I decided to go with 4 sundown audio sa-15 I don't know if I am going to go ported or sealed yet I might just build both and see what suits my tastes better either way it should be loud I would think

So. I decided to go with 4 sundown audio sa-15 I don't know if I am going to go ported or sealed yet I might just build both and see what suits my tastes better either way it should be loud I would think

Good thinking. Do what you like/think is better.