Shogen

Local Builders..

So, in an effort to be cool I have been looking at getting a proper enclosure for my 12" Icon. Spoke with Andrew and I'm possibly going that route. First I'd like to find someone more local than across the US. I'm in Jersey and need someone close by if possible that can design/build an enclosure to spec for my boom boom. ...

Anybody here on the east coast with the skills and tools?? Please let me know... Thanks!

Any takers???

Drive on down to LA and I'll hook you up.

SShit. That's some drive. You're not gonna bro-rape me, right?

SShit. That's some drive. You're not gonna bro-rape me, right?

Only if you REALLY want.

I saw your profile pic... it looks like you would... lol

I saw your profile pic... it looks like you would... lol

:roflmao:

I'll take your face, and shove it in my port.

But seriously, you as far as Puck! ... I said local and you chimed, although grateful you've offered I think it's a bit far out there for me... Thanks though...

I mean, if you are really good at box building maybe you could build me something and ship it not built... Like cut it up since I cannot even do that?? I don't know, I am definitely in need of a better box... Sealed would be best but ported as well... I don't trust the local shops, they tried to charge me $105 for a box made for a shitty Alpine... Was like 1 cube and hella ugly, the circle looked almost oval. lol

Look around on the caraudio.com forum. You will find someone.

Thanks I forgot about that site's existence.. Hopefully I can find someone who isn't trying to rape me.... lol

Make a post on craiglist as well, someone might be able to help you out as well on there.

As flattered as I was by your spunk and excitement bassahaulic... I am also frightened at the same token...

Seems strongman has jumped in and given me some great ideas... Hopefully I can work something out.... We'll see and I'll let you guys know... :)

You can have Lowes/ Home Depot cut it for free. All you need to do is glue it together.

Really?? But like they can cut the hole for the subwoofer and all???

You can have Lowes/ Home Depot cut it for free. All you need to do is glue it together.

Really?? But like they can cut the hole for the subwoofer and all???

No. Didnt think about that, but they will make all the other straight cuts for you. Free.

You can get a jigsaw on the cheap from Harbor Freight and cut the hole. It's not hard, honest. I see people fuck up because they rush it. If you use a high speed and go slow with it you can make a damn near perfect circle. I have never used a router, old school with jig saw every time.

hmmm....

My Home Depot always seems to mess up the cuts pretty well.

I've built ... 3 boxes now. I would not consider myself a very good builder at all. It really isn't that bad, some of my neighbors helped me with mine and my friend's.

I'm located in southeast VA. Almost North Carolina.

I have had some do excellent, and some do so so.

In the end, they all worked out. even if they were off a little bit, the cuts are at least straight.

How do you mess up a cut on a panel saw. It's impossible to make a crooked cut, no? Too short or long i could see, but crooked?

I find if I tell them upfront I need them really close and will look out for them if they take their time and help me out, they do a good job. I have even asked the help desk who makes the best cuts and they always call someone to help.

I have had some do excellent, and some do so so.

In the end, they all worked out. even if they were off a little bit, the cuts are at least straight.

How do you mess up a cut on a panel saw. It's impossible to make a crooked cut, no? Too short or long i could see, but crooked?

I find if I tell them upfront I need them really close and will look out for them if they take their time and help me out, they do a good job. I have even asked the help desk who makes the best cuts and they always call someone to help.

If you do this make sure to tell them this

the closest they can get is an 1/8''

i had home depot cut my box for me and they had perfect cuts except 2 of the sides wer 1/2" too long but they were opposing panels so it really didnt make a difference.