Bam bam

Fi BTL N1 or BTL N2

I really like the BTL's but I'm torn between the N1 and the N2. I need a 18 that sounds great and handles 2000-2500 watts daily. The N2 may work but I don't know what the sound quality is like for that sub. Any help from a BTL veteren would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The N2 is supposed to be a direct replacement for the old ufo-style BTL's. So I believe the sound will be close.

And as far as I know there isn't going to be an N1 18.

No N1 for you, It's made for teh SQz, so no huge power handling.

How does the BTL N218 sound? I would like for it to be musically accurate yet handle the 2000-2500 watts. I never had an opportunity to hear a 2 gen BTL. Is there a possibility that with the right enclosure it can be musically accurate?

Thanks again

How does the BTL N218 sound? I would like for it to be musically accurate yet handle the 2000-2500 watts. I never had an opportunity to hear a 2 gen BTL. Is there a possibility that with the right enclosure it can be musically accurate?

Thanks again

Noone knows how they sound. Reason being, noone has them yet. We can guess that it won't sound like crap because of Fi's other woofers. They are awesome. Just give the Sub its recomended space, and tune it how you like it.

alot of the setup comes from the enclosure and from how similar the N2 is to the Gen 2 BTL the SQ is great i loved the performance of all the BTL's i've heard just set it up properly

get 2 N1's. Im not really sure about you budget but that seems like a logical solution

No. It's not the logical solution.

alot of the setup comes from the enclosure and from how similar the N2 is to the Gen 2 BTL the SQ is great i loved the performance of all the BTL's i've heard just set it up properly

Thank you!

I'm sorry, but when you say you need something that handles 2-2.5Kw, that is just plain back-aswards...

Do you have any clue on the box? If not, then power requirements are pretty much a guess....

I know what I'm going to use for an enclosure, my question was in regards to which sub would fit me better the N2 or the N1. I was looking for something musically accurate that handles 2000-2500 watts.

Nick and J Frank have answered that question. The N2 will give the sound quality I'm looking for. Thank you guys for your input.

I'm sorry, but when you say you need something that handles 2-2.5Kw, that is just plain back-aswards...

Do you have any clue on the box? If not, then power requirements are pretty much a guess....

x2 and the n1 is clearly not for you, op.

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, but this is the way it works-

Determain your output goals (nothing to do with power yet)

Determain your drivers you will use (still nothing to do with power)

Design your enclosure, and then you will actually know what your power requirements are....

If you are able, apply the power you need to meet you goals......

N1 will not take 2000wrms supposedly so.

[/quo

im going with the n2s for my setup, honestly im pretty sure the price difference will not be that much more and you will be able to run more power plus the n1's are going to take sum time to be made and shipped bc nick and scott are putting all of their time into the n2's for now untill all of the issues are worked out, just talked to Scott today, most orders are going out on thursday, mine will be heading my way on monday, ill let you know how i like them :fing34:

Thanks again

The gen 2 BtL sounded great. If you have a keen ear you will notice a slight volume increase in output as you get lower (closer to tuning I should say), which becomes less noticeable as you put more power to it. For 95% of car audio fans, it was exactly what you wanted for a good, loud woofer.

If the similarity between the ts parameters indicates anything, the N2 will be about the same as the gen 2 with minor improvements in linearity (which is irrelevant for a 2000+ watt application) and at least equivalent output, with a huge improvement in overall woofer mass, which is nice for saving gas mileage, suspension wear and brake wear in multiple woofer applications.

I'm sure the N1 will hit hard, and sound amazing, but true SQ setups require considerable sound proofing to achieve an appropriate listening environment. So would you rather spend all your money on dampening, mlv, and cc foam, or get a beastlier woofer for more impressive output with above average musicality?

Double post wtf?

Edited by SubSam

This is exactly what I was looking for. The N2 is what I will get. I wanted to make sure it sounded great or (musically accurate) when playing music; this is perfect. THANKS!!!

That is some of the most subjective nonsense I have ever read........

That is some of the most subjective nonsense I have ever read........

:tehe:

I just laugh when ppl say they want an SQ setup without knowing what that really means... obviously that was a subjective post on my part as I won't hear an N2 till next week when mine arrives, but I imagine the N2 will only improve upon the existing BtL, and the N1 will be an improvement in Q alignment compared to the Q model woofer (personal favorite)... but he wanted to know if the BtL was good on music, and it is. He won't get to run 2000 watts for SQ, duh, do the BtL N2 is his only other option, esp if he wants an 18.

Here I will be objective: any brand woofer of any size can sound good when appropriately installed and tuned.

How does that help anyone? I'll stick to subjectively responding in hopes my opinion as a car audio PROFESSIONAL doesn't fall on deaf ears. Granted I wouldn't take advice from anyone personally, but that's why I'm not asking questions. In the rare case I would need advice, like with all the effin blades and cloned keys you need to pit a remote starter in nowadays, I would ask my boss. When it comes to audio installation, I pull rank on my boss, as that's why hired me; I'm the man :) and nobody can touch my designs for SQ enclosures outside of my man Mark Prosslik from OH.

So if you have an answer to help someone, by all means respond to their query. if not, stfu.

Check out the galleries at soundcraftcarstereo.com for installation ideas, and good luck with your build Bam Bam, if you want a full enclosure design made on solidworks, not some crappy Google toolbar program like others do (just embarrassing), feel free to pm me.

I just paid $700 to replace some oxygen sensors, which I now have to replace AGAIN myself, so I'm pissed off and cold so gimme a day or two for that design if you want it.

Sketchup is a great, user friendly program. Autodesk is actually working on a simplifier AudoCAD to compete with it, because honestly, Google blew them out of the water with Sketchup ;)