jcarter1885

Project 1998 Acura 3.5RL

Just a few snapshots of equipment I have sitting around for this build log since it will start officially tomorrow. No pictures of the car till tomorrow when it arrives, everything under the hood is new besides the engine so right now that is my focus since it has over 200,000 miles. I will replace the primary battery with a XS Power D2400 and I will put a D3100 in the trunk with the sounds. Need to find out how Im gonna go about the center console since I cant find any dash kits for the car, need to find room for either a single-din or double-din and my Audio Control Epic-160. I may take the navigation out but I dont know as of yet, we will see (I dont have the software for it so I need to go find it).

med_gallery_7913_319_59908.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_5824.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_8548.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_23217.jpg

Center Console

med_gallery_7913_319_2136.jpg

Trunk

med_gallery_7913_319_9507.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_19753.jpg

8" Mids Amplifier: Incriminator Audio IA6.4 or Zed Audio Draconia-II

Tweets/Horns Amplifier: Sundown SAX-125.2

med_gallery_7913_319_49534.jpg

Sub and Amp:

med_gallery_7913_319_8733.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_7346.jpg

I got two new rolls of speaker wire from monoprice.com, both are 14 gauge wire (one is 50ft. and the other is 100ft.). Need to find out how to take these doors off so I can run my new speaker wire and get it out the way.

Stinger Distribution Blocks for my mids/highs amps:

med_gallery_7913_319_7856.jpg

I can not wait to see more of this build, the wires look good!!! This is going to be badass!!!!

I can not wait to see more of this build, the wires look good!!! This is going to be badass!!!!

Thanks man, as you know all the plans before the rest of the world does.

Thanks man, as you know all the plans before the rest of the world does.

LOL :drink40:

Looking forward to this build!!!! Planning on a B&C mid and Image horn setup myself. :fing34:

Looking forward to this build!!!! Planning on a B&C mid and Image horn setup myself. :fing34:

We should share thoughts and plans on setups one day :ghost:

So far I ran into a snag at the moment and didnt get anything accomplished except for cleaning out the car and taking for a spin. My main problem is what to do with the center console, cant find a dash kit for it so I may have to take it around to a few shops and see what they will charge to customize one.

Solutions:

-Take navigation unit & screen out of trunk and center console since I dont have the software for it and have other gps navigational devices such as my phone. I will keep the pieces in case I trade in or something in the future. This will allow for my room in trunk and a double din unit or Carputer to be placed at top of console. It will also give me the ability to take out the radio and get place my AudioControl Epic-160 in the middle of the console.

-Or just say forget it and use Bose system and get a LOC and tape into rear speakers and just install my subwoofer for now (definantly dont like this decision but we will see.

*But for now I will enjoy the Bose system until I come to some conclusions, I need your help SSA so make some suggestions. I will take some more spots of the trouble spots so you can get a better understanding of what Im talking about.*

Sweet score on the Acura Jay-cee!! Looking foward to seeing how this car comes out. :popcorn:

I found that style of Acura has relatively low road noise for a ricer, given the design of the front wheel wells and doors. Whats your opintion compared to other cars you've driven?

Planning on using B & C 10NW64 with the Image CD1E V3 full-body horns, thinking of upgrading the horn drivers with the Selenium D2500Ti-Nd-8 and adapter to get a little more power handleing.

What you got in mind?? I read you don't have room for the horns under the dash...

Sweet score on the Acura Jay-cee!! Looking foward to seeing how this car comes out. :popcorn:

I found that style of Acura has relatively low road noise for a ricer, given the design of the front wheel wells and doors. Whats your opintion compared to other cars you've driven?

Thanks man, only if any one knew what i paid for it you would shit yourself. Ill have to definitely drive it more, but with no modifications way more quieter than my Saturn Ion was (the build quality is a 1000 times better). I enjoy it even at 220,000 miles it rides better than my Saturn did at 86,000 miles, I definitely enjoy driving this car.

Planning on using B & C 10NW64 with the Image CD1E V3 full-body horns, thinking of upgrading the horn drivers with the Selenium D2500Ti-Nd-8 and adapter to get a little more power handleing.

What you got in mind?? I read you don't have room for the horns under the dash...

Yeah I have room for horns under the dash, just not for full size horns like I wanted.

Im gonna take out the 6x9" speakers in the rear deck once I install the system, the rear doors are 5.25" and the front doors are 6.75". I will replace the front and rear doors (the rears are getting replaced just because its already a spot for speakers, thats why), here are pictures of the doors.

Front Doors

med_gallery_7913_319_20773.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_23270.jpg

Rear Doors

med_gallery_7913_319_15998.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_8287.jpg

You have an integrated dash.. that sucks man.. my dashkit alone was ~200 dollars

You have an integrated dash.. that sucks man.. my dashkit alone was ~200 dollars

Tell me about it man it blows, I think I seen one online for $260 for my car but it doesnt do what I need it to do. My plans are to take out the Navigation unit on top and either place a double din unit or get a Carputer for the car (hove suggested it). Im really liking the Carputer idea as well as the double-din but Im going either route right now. Where the stock radio is Im gonna take out and customize it to where I can put my AudioControl Epic-160. But these are just plans that are still in the air.

Sucks about the dash.

I would do like you said and try to fit a DD navi unit up top. Then you could ditch the box in the back and fit your subs.

I see plenty of room for an 8" in that door.

:peepwall:

Another day of getting nothing done on the car, started to work on Big 3 but noticed that I didnt have my socket wrench with me but I have the kit. FTL :suicide-santa: , but I will borrow a friends or something. I need a socket wrench to remove the navigation in the trunk as well, absolutely waste of time today.

Sucks about the dash.

I would do like you said and try to fit a DD navi unit up top. Then you could ditch the box in the back and fit your subs.

I see plenty of room for an 8" in that door.

:peepwall:

Trust me I could fit an 8" or 10" speaker in this door but I dont want to hack it up honestly, the panels look fresh as they are now. What im gonna do is just take the bose grills off and remove the door speakers, then mount the speakers to inner door frame.

Sometimes it bee's that way man.

Some days things click and some they don't.

Tomorrow will be better.

:drink40: