jcarter1885

Project 1998 Acura 3.5RL

Sweet lookin' tweets!!! I was looking at some Ciare mids just recently. Their products seem nice but have had no experience with them.

Yeah I was looking at those Ciare 8.50NdW as well myself, still am but I had to jump on these tweets. They seem to do what I want specs wise, as close to nice sounding horns/tweets as I can get and the quality is top notch. Which makes me want to get there mids as well, I know they will be sweet to have. Im still interested in those Sundown Neo-Pro 8''s so I wont make a purchase on some 8''s till Jacob releases some specs on his drivers to compare with the other's im interested in.

I havent experienced B&C speakers yet nor Eighteen Sound but I can say these Ciares' are the best PA equipment I have seen in my 5 years of dealing with PA equipment.

Sweet lookin' tweets!!! I was looking at some Ciare mids just recently. Their products seem nice but have had no experience with them.

Yeah I was looking at those Ciare 8.50NdW as well myself, still am but I had to jump on these tweets. They seem to do what I want specs wise, as close to nice sounding horns/tweets as I can get and the quality is top notch. Which makes me want to get there mids as well, I know they will be sweet to have. Im still interested in those Sundown Neo-Pro 8''s so I wont make a purchase on some 8''s till Jacob releases some specs on his drivers to compare with the other's im interested in.

I would be down for some of the Sundown mids, but the power rating confuses me. There is something about a mid that can handle 3-400 watts that puts a smile on my face. :D

Sweet build. I've always loved RL's. You dont see many in my area idk if they're rare or what but stellar rides for sure. Good luck man its looking good. I really like that Incrimator amp

I would be down for some of the Sundown mids, but the power rating confuses me. There is something about a mid that can handle 3-400 watts that puts a smile on my face. :D

inefficiency puts a smile on your face? :P

About to press play in a minute but I thought I would show off my new Bass CD, the test tone sweep will come in handy real soon.

gallery_7913_319_88709.jpg

gallery_7913_319_10212.jpg

Thoughts on the CD?

Well Im the same way but I also do know that Jacob conservatively rates his products and being they are PA speakers I figured he rated them that low cause they will be loud with that much power on them. But i just compare the voice coils on other drivers in its class and go with those power ratings. But yeah 250-300 watt mids do something to me as well. I just hope he hurries up and post some information but the way he pushes products out it wont be sooner than later.

Sweet build. I've always loved RL's. You dont see many in my area idk if they're rare or what but stellar rides for sure. Good luck man its looking good. I really like that Incrimator amp

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I been wanting one of these RL's for a while now and got lucky that I came across one for a steal. I didnt see any in my area either but once I got one I see them all the time and everywhere (its funny usually how that works). Yeah this is a sweet looking amp, cant wait to install it and see how it performs. Stay tuned 4 sho.

About to press play in a minute but I thought I would show off my new Bass CD, the test tone sweep will come in handy real soon.

gallery_7913_319_88709.jpg

gallery_7913_319_10212.jpg

Thoughts on the CD?

I like it so far, cant wait to get a loud setup to see what kind of damage these tracks will produce. But so far im impressed with it. I was suprised it was a real cd, I was thinking it was gonna be like some mixtape quality but its like I bought it at Best Buy.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I been wanting one of these RL's for a while now and got lucky that I came across one for a steal. I didnt see any in my area either but once I got one I see them all the time and everywhere (its funny usually how that works). Yeah this is a sweet looking amp, cant wait to install it and see how it performs. Stay tuned 4 sho.

haha it really is that way. Either way it is definitely not a very common car. I just like the way they just look like a proper luxury car. I'm subscribed to this one for sure

haha it really is that way. Either way it is definitely not a very common car. I just like the way they just look like a proper luxury car. I'm subscribed to this one for sure

Very true indeed, these and the Lexus with the same body style our always great to see especially in good condition.

Very true indeed, these and the Lexus with the same body style our always great to see especially in good condition.

From the pictures you posted your car is in damn good shape. Idk what kind of headlights RL's have (Halogen I'm guessing?) but that car would look really good with HID's. A projector retro and bi-xenon's are the way to go imo if you ever wanted to think about it. Definitely not a PNP kit hahaha. Its a lot of work, but would definitely be cool if you ever were bored and wanted some sick headlights.

Um..........yeah, really going to need to see some updates of actual music being played. The addition of bass would be a bonus. lol

Come on Bro, I think i wanna see you have a system in your ride more than you do.

Um..........yeah, really going to need to see some updates of actual music being played. The addition of bass would be a bonus. lol

Come on Bro, I think i wanna see you have a system in your ride more than you do.

Music is being played, factory radio and Bose speakers with substage installed so far. If I had a camera that could take a nice video I would but I dont and I refuse to take a cell phone video. It has some flex but its not that much since the car is very well put together, just a 15" Icon.

Once I start fiberglassing and getting dirty then more pictures will be taken. Time is not my friend these days as you can tell im not on here as much. Soon Sir, soon you will have some nice pictures I promise.

From the pictures you posted your car is in damn good shape. Idk what kind of headlights RL's have (Halogen I'm guessing?) but that car would look really good with HID's. A projector retro and bi-xenon's are the way to go imo if you ever wanted to think about it. Definitely not a PNP kit hahaha. Its a lot of work, but would definitely be cool if you ever were bored and wanted some sick headlights.

Thanks for the tips, the lights arent on the todo list at the moment but I have thought about it since the plugs on the stock wiring arent in the best shape. I will definitely take that info down so when Im ready I will be two steps ahead of the game. For a 14 year old car, it is in great shape exterior wise. Some paint is fading so new paint job soon and minor dents and scratches. Seats are a little cracked but nothing bad or in major need of work except for the backseats where some kids look like they did some damage to it. But all in all, its in good shape just have some maintenance things I have to take care of that has put car audio on the back burner for a while. Transmission seems to be going now so another hold up but oh well no complaints on my end.

Yeah man no problem. I just can't stress enough to not buy a DDM kit. I am not hating on anyone for having them but.....if you want quality and to not blind other people just retro. Plus that cut off is damn sexy. I'm sure you know this already, but Craigslist usually has some really good painters for a lot cheaper than shops Usually you can find a dude who lost his job or something and is doing it on the side. A friend found a dude on CL to do his bike. Sometimes changing the transmission fluid can make shifting smoother. Might look into that too. Your car is definitely turning out sick. Its gonna be a nice ride :drink40:

Wow cant believe its been this long since an update, I actually started doing some work to the car finally. I had a horrible noise coming from my trunk and I thought I somehow damaged my sub, turns out it was just the rubber flaps slapping the plastic vent. I removed the flaps and vent and now I have this hole that I want to cover up. I know most people use deadener or foam, are there any more ideas you guys can come up with.

med_gallery_7913_319_349772.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_910315.jpg

I also removed all the carpet from my trunk area besides the trunk floor until I can make a permanent trunk floor covering out of wood.

It's about time, I was hoping we'd see some updates on this.

Are you wanting something cosmetic covering it? Do you need the covering to serve any purpose other than the cover up the hole?

It's about time, I was hoping we'd see some updates on this.

Are you wanting something cosmetic covering it? Do you need the covering to serve any purpose other than the cover up the hole?

I know I have been slacking on the audio side of things but it will be getting more updates soon. It doesnt have to be cosmetic appealing as it will be covered up eventually in due time and if not im wont be worried since it wont be scene really. Im looking for something to help with my drivers side of the car doing the wave, considering this vent is on the passenger side of the car. It seems as though I am loosing a lot of pressure from this vent hole.

have you done any experimenting at all stuffing it or anything? A piece of dampener may be the easiest/cheapest way to seal it off.

have you done any experimenting at all stuffing it or anything? A piece of dampener may be the easiest/cheapest way to seal it off.

Naw didnt want to really waste any time or money and really havent had any time to do anything to it once I removed the vent, I just had to get rid of that noise. I emailed Rudy (Don) to get his take on this issue, im looking for the most effective methods whether they are cheap or expensive. If I can find a piece of metal then I can have a friend who welds do some work in my trunk.

You can buy steel right there in your city if you want. It would cost about $12 for a piece of a sheet to weld in.

You can buy steel right there in your city if you want. It would cost about $12 for a piece of a sheet to weld in.

Sounds good, hopefully with all this construction going on around my city I can find a scrap piece of steel laying around but yeah I will check into that.

I know most people use deadener or foam, are there any more ideas you guys can come up with.

Polyfill?

I piece of wood could do the trick. Or just seal the trunk off and eliminate it out of the equation all together.

I piece of wood could do the trick. Or just seal the trunk off and eliminate it out of the equation all together.

You read my mind, today I worked on turning my box around so it is firing forward, just gotta find some material to seal it off with. Considering how tall it is, I only have to worry about the sides since the top baffle is slammed against the rear deck. I also made a new ground spot which helped my voltage by some tenths.

I still plan on sealing that hole up, just not in a rush now.

You read my mind, today I worked on turning my box around so it is firing forward, just gotta find some material to seal it off with. Considering how tall it is, I only have to worry about the sides since the top baffle is slammed against the rear deck. I also made a new ground spot which helped my voltage by some tenths.

I still plan on sealing that hole up, just not in a rush now.

Excellent :drink40: