Sencheezy

PSI LMS ULTRA

TwistedChild420 is selling his PSI LMS ULTRA, I wanted to get you guys opinion on this, and let me know if this is worth 800$?

~86 Pounds, 4" 8 Layer Flatwind Coil,Triple Leads,5 Long Throw Spiders,Direct Connect 8 gauge wire,6" Carbon Fiber dustcap

Thanks for your input. I think I would like to get this, but I just want hear other opinions on whether or not this is a good buy for 800?

I corrected the topic title for you. ;)

Wow what a thread to start, if your interested in the sub the best person to talk to is the person selling it since he knows more about the sub and how it performs then the users on here.

If I had room to fit an 18" in the trunk I would go for it. What is making you ask this question besides it is a good buy, that is subjective and a personal decision in my eyes. Now if your looking for it to fit your application then please ask another question with more info that pertains to you so we can see if it fits your goals or needs.

Wow what a thread to start, if your interested in the sub the best person to talk to is the person selling it since he knows more about the sub and how it performs then the users on here.

If I had room to fit an 18" in the trunk I would go for it. What is making you ask this question besides it is a good buy, that is subjective and a personal decision in my eyes. Now if your looking for it to fit your application then please ask another question with more info that pertains to you so we can see if it fits your goals or needs.

Well I did ask him. And he told me that it is a good buy. And I don't have any reason not to believe him, since I'm already subscribed to his youtube, and I've seen what it can do. But I'm not too familiar with PSI, or TC sounds. Just never had any in person experience with them, that is the reason why I ask this question. Yes I know its a personal decision, but if I had input from other users on here, that ARE familiar with these two brands and their work, it would make my decision a lot easier.

I corrected the topic title for you. ;)

Haha, Thank you sir. I did not expect that to show up.

TC Sounds is a good company, been out of the game for a few years and came back earlier this year with the re-emergence of its subwoofers back in the market. Very good product with great reviews online, do a little searching as this is not the only car audio community online. As far as PSI some people have issues using there products because of he said she said or what they did in the past which wont be discussed as it has many times before. I wouldnt mind using them as I see they are having good success with recones and making subwoofers, some will try to sway you to stay away well most on here will tell you to stay away. I wouldnt let that stop me from buying a subwoofer I really want just because they reconed it or someone's personal feelings or emotions about the company, not how I rolll. Just look online and see reviews on both companies and make an informed decision.

You cant get the original sub right now and it is has some upgraded parts to increase the power handling among other things for a cheaper price then how much the original would cost. Just my .02

TC Sounds is a good company, been out of the game for a few years and came back earlier this year with the re-emergence of its subwoofers back in the market. Very good product with great reviews online, do a little searching as this is not the only car audio community online. As far as PSI some people have issues using there products because of he said she said or what they did in the past which wont be discussed as it has many times before. I wouldnt mind using them as I see they are having good success with recones and making subwoofers, some will try to sway you to stay away well most on here will tell you to stay away. I wouldnt let that stop me from buying a subwoofer I really want just because they reconed it or someone's personal feelings or emotions about the company, not how I rolll. Just look online and see reviews on both companies and make an informed decision.

You cant get the original sub right now and it is has some upgraded parts to increase the power handling among other things for a cheaper price then how much the original would cost. Just my .02

Alright, I see your point. I have too read very good reviews about the TC sounds. But yeah, thanks for your help.

No problem others will chime in as well sooner or later.

My 15" psi are beasts!! I love em!! Great sub gets loud and holds up very good with 2X sundown 2500D on em

Personally I'd never recommend a "hybrid" sub unless the seller were able to supply some pretty descriptive details about the driver. What you listed there is pretty meaningless on the whole. Is he able to provide you T/S parameters for the driver? What is the length of the coil and gap height? If he can't answer these basic questions, it would be a no brainer to pass on the "deal" without hesitation.

Also, unless PSI used the LMT coils, which I don't believe he can as the patent is owned by TC Sounds......it would no longer be an "LMS" subwoofer as the coil is what makes the driver "LMS", as "LMS" denotes use of the "LMT" coil. And the "LMT" coil is part of what makes the driver what it is as it improves BL linearity.

Considering his price is only $100 off the price of an LMS Ultra from PE.....I'd just wait for PE to get more stock rather than try to save 10% and get a cobbled together hybrid.

Personally I don't see the appeal of a "hybrid" driver. The "hybrid" driver more than likely doesn't have anywhere near the amount of engineering time invested as the original product did. Chances of a "hybrid" being a superior driver to the original are generally going to be very low, especially when most of the time people can't even supply something as basic as T/S parameters.

It's almost always going to be a better idea to look for something with original parts, which is going to operate as it was designed to operate than purchasing a "hybrid" subwoofer.

Personally I'd never recommend a "hybrid" sub unless the seller were able to supply some pretty descriptive details about the driver. What you listed there is pretty meaningless on the whole. Is he able to provide you T/S parameters for the driver? What is the length of the coil and gap height? If he can't answer these basic questions, it would be a no brainer to pass on the "deal" without hesitation.

Also, unless PSI used the LMT coils, which I don't believe he can as the patent is owned by TC Sounds......it would no longer be an "LMS" subwoofer as the coil is what makes the driver "LMS", as "LMS" denotes use of the "LMT" coil. And the "LMT" coil is part of what makes the driver what it is as it improves BL linearity.

Considering his price is only $100 off the price of an LMS Ultra from PE.....I'd just wait for PE to get more stock rather than try to save 10% and get a cobbled together hybrid.

Personally I don't see the appeal of a "hybrid" driver. The "hybrid" driver more than likely doesn't have anywhere near the amount of engineering time invested as the original product did. Chances of a "hybrid" being a superior driver to the original are generally going to be very low, especially when most of the time people can't even supply something as basic as T/S parameters.

It's almost always going to be a better idea to look for something with original parts, which is going to operate as it was designed to operate than purchasing a "hybrid" subwoofer.

sleepwerd4.gif

Dave didn't give him T/S (of course). Also didn't use LMT coils, just a flat wound aluminum 4".

:yaya: just get a original new sub if its 100 dollars more

exactly!

As soon as i seen this topic.. i was like.. there is no such thing as an LMS p-s-i sub that is anywhere similar.. And for the price... ERRRRRR...

I would honestly guide you to SSA or Fi if you are looking for high powered yet effective sound quality.

If you are looking for just brute force power, check out IA and Dc Soundlab

Dave didn't give him T/S (of course). Also didn't use LMT coils, just a flat wound aluminum 4".

LOL.....not a snowballs chance in hell that sub is worth the OP (or anyone else) considering then.

Asking LMS prices ($800) for a non-LMS driver, with no T/S parameters, and performance that is not going to be anywhere remotely close to the original driver ?

:roflmao:

I'd offer him $200 for the motor itself, then buy the replacement top assembly from PE ~$550. Then you could have an actual LMS Ultra for $750

LOL.....not a snowballs chance in hell that sub is worth the OP (or anyone else) considering then.

Asking LMS prices ($800) for a non-LMS driver, with no T/S parameters, and performance that is not going to be anywhere remotely close to the original driver ?

I'd offer him $200 for the motor itself, then buy the replacement top assembly from PE ~$550. Then you could have an actual LMS Ultra for $750

I though the same thing. I said in his thread I'd consider it if there was a TC top assembly. Lol

I though the same thing. I said in his thread I'd consider it if there was a TC top assembly. Lol

me too.

i'd take the motor.

PSi parts are junk. :suicide-santa: