beatindowndablock247

SUBS!! Help me choose please........

ok so i started on my wall the other day goin 3 days strong on it and im gettin close to being finished but cant untill i pick subs so i ask for help.. heres what ive come up with.

#1 1 solo x 18

#2 4 aq sdc2 15s

#3 2 aq hdc3 15s

#4 4 fi x 15s

#5 4 aq sdc2 12s

#6 4 cvx 15s or 12s

cant forget what im leaning torwards the most a dual 2 ohm ia dp 21 with one ap3k to a coil... thats the most liked from myself right now

any of those are what im deciding

amps will either be an aq 3500.1 or 2 ap3000.1 or possible a used sundown 3k or 2k can get either choice at same price so undecided

wall can be from 8 to 16+ cubes ported at around 32 hertz

help me out guys comment back with choice # thanks in advance

Edited by beatindowndablock247

18" SSA Xcon!

18_front_angle__34773_zoom.jpg

None of those woofers combination compare to one another.

What's your budget?

18" SSA Xcon!

18_front_angle__34773_zoom.jpg

^ what this guy said... seems like he knows what he is talking about...

me either... but I have read enough and I own an Icon subwoofer... I don't think this would disappoint ... Your budget grants 2 of them... :):morepower1:

do you think it will be loud by its self i used to always have 1 solo x 18 in the trunk and it got me a 146... do you all think walled up it would be a good choice again or that xcon

me either... but I have read enough and I own an Icon subwoofer... I don't think this would disappoint ... Your budget grants 2 of them... :):morepower1:

you gotta point.. hell when i had a 10 inch l5 on a kicker kx2500.1 it was as loud as my 2 cvx 12s on a orion d5k... alot of subs surprise me when they get the power they want... it was by far my loudest 10

I'm not a numbers guy ... hopefully someone who knows better will chime in... But I think the general answer might come back as " we need more info" .... So yea... That is all I have for now... :suicide-santa:

I'm not a numbers guy ... hopefully someone who knows better will chime in... But I think the general answer might come back as " we need more info" .... So yea... That is all I have for now... :suicide-santa:

all help is appreciated so thanks. ill keep those in mind.

Although I could bet lots of monies that it will sound better.. But if you're going for numbers you might not care about quality of sound as much? I'm assuming... Could be wrong being that you mentioned porting to 32Hz... AFAIK and have heard Solo X's sound like dookie but get loud...

Although I could bet lots of monies that it will sound better.. But if you're going for numbers you might not care about quality of sound as much? I'm assuming... Could be wrong being that you mentioned porting to 32Hz... AFAIK and have heard Solo X's sound like dookie but get loud...

i wouldnt say that but then again i have had more quality sounding subs. that solo x got low and thats the notes i like to hear.. its in my daily driver (cavalier) but i do comps every year when they come around..its fun plus last year i got 2nd in modified 4 class

thought about the sa 12s doing like 6 walled up and sealed up no port. also on the fi btl n2 the new ones... but still come down to there being too many subs too choose from.... why cant there be one brand of sub with 3 models bass then loud then ouch... my life would be easy....

has anybody seen sealed up walls.. or heard one before...

only one ive seen is this guys

What exactly are your goals? SPL? Daily street beat?

thought about the sa 12s doing like 6 walled up and sealed up no port. also on the fi btl n2 the new ones... but still come down to there being too many subs too choose from.... why cant there be one brand of sub with 3 models bass then loud then ouch... my life would be easy....

his wall is ported, thought you meant sealed?

ok so i started on my wall the other day goin 3 days strong on it and im gettin close to being finished but cant untill i pick subs so i ask for help.. heres what ive come up with.

#1 1 solo x 18

#2 4 aq sdc2 15s

#3 2 aq hdc3 15s

#4 4 fi x 15s

#5 4 aq sdc2 12s

#6 4 cvx 15s or 12s

amps will either be an aq 3500.1 or 2 ap3000.1 or possible a used sundown 3k or 2k can get either choice at same price so undecided

wall can be from 8 to 16+ cubes ported at around 32 hertz

help me out guys comment back with choice # thanks in advance

I still say 4 SA-12's tuned to 35hz

:peepwall:

Port your wall.

Walls are made to be loud, aren't they ? so, why seal it ?

You can buy 2 Fi bl 18" and be really happy with them. they should love your 3000 watts.

his wall is ported, thought you meant sealed?

well in the video i dont see any ports. and he also states at the beginning that its sealed