FOH

Fi IB3-18

What is the current status of the Fi IB3-18?

I've recently received (4) of them, and I'm considering purchasing more and I'm curious as to their availability.

Are there production changes being made that somehow impact the IB3-18? Are there operational changes that your able to share publically? I just think you've got a great thing going, and I don't want my source for IB drivers to change in any way.

Regardless, you've got a fantastic operation, and even prior to completing my HT IB build I'm really digging these drivers.

Thank you and good luck

I'm surprised to see you trollin here, FOH! Merry Christmas!

IB's are going over to the Home Theater brand (new) to keep the car audio people from trying to run the "550 watt" sub in a ported or sealed enclosure that it was never supposed to be in..and then yell at us when they turn it inside out because it has 1 spider.

IB's are going over to the Home Theater brand (new) to keep the car audio people from trying to run the "550 watt" sub in a ported or sealed enclosure that it was never supposed to be in..and then yell at us when they turn it inside out because it has 1 spider.

Nice to hear they will still be made, they are the best IB solution for the home.

As for the "car audio people".... being a former one myself, it unfortunately takes me no imagination whatsoever to see that happening.

I don't know how it is now, but back when I was into car audio, about 5% were into quality sound, and the rest wanted something big, I assume to make up for something else that was small.

Are you any closer to making it available? I have my room already cut with the intention of putting four in there.

At least 6 weeks out.

Will the IBs coming under the "Home Theater" category - be available here - through FiCar/SSA, or will it be a new

website?

Will the drivers have the same or similar specs?

Thanks,

HT category... and using Neo magnets as well. Similar pricing and specs. Just bringing all steel home and phasing out older designs.

Thanks,

Scott

It's been about six weeks now. Can someone please post here when there's an update or when the new site and/or drivers are available.

Thanks-

Dave

It's been about six weeks now. Can someone please post here when there's an update or when the new site and/or drivers are available.

Thanks-

Dave

x2 :peepwall:

Thanks-

Dave

x2 :peepwall:

x3 :ughdunno:

Delays happen..had to change a few more things.

3-4 weeks?

Delays happen..had to change a few more things.

3-4 weeks?

Is this an "optimistic" or realistic estimate, or just a guess?

Trying to plan my build.

Thx

Nick, you need to put a disclaimer on ETA's. Saying if everything goes perfect and we don't make any changes, this the time line before they are reintroduced.

People think if you say 3-4weeks, they will expect them to the day. No offense to anybody, but when things are ready, they let everyone know.

Its not like everything is ready but they wait till somebody ask for it.( In most cases)

Nick, you need to put a disclaimer on ETA's. Saying if everything goes perfect and we don't make any changes, this the time line before they are reintroduced.

People think if you say 3-4weeks, they will expect them to the day. No offense to anybody, but when things are ready, they let everyone know.

Its not like everything is ready but they wait till somebody ask for it.( In most cases)

1) - I certainly appreciate hearing something...anything. I think by now we understand the challenges of an exact date, but once a time line is established, updates need to follow as the date changes otherwise folks might think it'll never happen and buy something else. I'd rather not hear next week three or four times though.

2) - 3-4 weeks...I'll assume closer to four to be conservative. 3 weeks puts it on April 1. Do I sense a cruel joke on the horizon?

3) - is it just me or is there an oddly high number of Ford fans here?

Dave

Edited by DaveD

Totally understand that people get annoyed with a week here and a week there thing..which is why we are no longer dealing with purchasing raw materials from china. Our lead times used to be 60 days, 30 to make it, 30 to ship it. Our lead times for materials from china were topping 150 days and we called it quits...you can't function on something when you do not have it for half of a year.

We are now in a shuffling period that we are dealing with and we are working on getting all of the bugs worked out. But again, we don't want to put exact dates on anything because doing ALL of this stuff here is totally new to us. I will say that our lead times here are SIGNIFICANTLY less, however we had to learn the entire process in how the foundry's machinery and everything works and how exactly they do things when we come up with new designs and how we do many things currently. It is just an adaptation period that will make everything much easier and accessible in the future.

As Scott said before, we're working on moving all of the basket production to here as well, the 18" is first then others will follow suit accordingly.

It takes time, when it is all said and done we will be one of the very few (if not only) people to be able to honestly say all of our parts and raw materials from our products comes out of the ground here and is manufactured here...in the states. Our pricing will go up a little bit within reason, but you must consider how cheap our pricing currently is (cheaper then most, the 179 dollar standard SSD 12 will probably go up 20 dollars but is still right on par for pricing for less of a woofer that is 100% imported including the packaging at 199 bucks)

Pricing will still be on par with what you can purchase from somebody else who sources either an entirely imported product that is built overseas as well, or one that the motor and magnet assembly is done and pre charged and has the soft parts dropped in it here.

A fan on our facebook page made me aware of this..which I found ultimately comical.

-Nick

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fi-Car-Audio/163751923651416

165173_613376746631_71006059_34968601_2460788_n.jpg

Dang it. Makes me want to get one of each available Fi subs. :P

Edited by onebadmonte

lol... and i just bought that trendy internet brand 12 lol... if it doesnt work out then ssd it will be ;)

Nick its amazing people will spend MORE for less quality and performance these days, just because its popular on certain part of the internet. Which I know you know this by now. I laugh and turn my head.

I hate when companies claim the superb quality and being custom built just because their manufacture drops in softparts. I mean yeah, usually QC is better that way than china, and if they use american softparts instead of china. But really it isn't any more special.

Custom is when you can pick options that actually enhance performance, not looks. Just because you build to order doesn't make them custom either. Building X amount of blank series in a certain coil configuration to sit for months on end isn't wise. And that's why they do it, not because its custom.

Fi(all associated) FTMFW.

1) - I certainly appreciate hearing something...anything. I think by now we understand the challenges of an exact date, but once a time line is established, updates need to follow as the date changes otherwise folks might think it'll never happen and buy something else. I'd rather not hear next week three or four times though.

2) - 3-4 weeks...I'll assume closer to four to be conservative. 3 weeks puts it on April 1. Do I sense a cruel joke on the horizon?

3) - is it just me or is there an oddly high number of Ford fans here?

Dave

Ok, I'll say this.

Would you rather the company to sit on the internet all day and give updates left and right. Or actually spend time building and testing a actually product.

I know a few companies that hype up there future products with tons of threads and 100s of post. To only tell the people the project was scrapped. I for one am not a fan of hype before hand.

A idea, sure. But a prototype coming from china that takes 2-3months for each one. I'd rather wait till production before I actually see what's going on.

3) Ford builds the best.(For my tastes) lol.

If you want to go fast..you have a ford..it isn't cheap though :)

I'm itching to see the new 500ci top fuel engine for the pro mod car :D (same thing as the nitro cars, just runs on alcohol instead of nitro)

Ok, I'll say this.

Would you rather the company to sit on the internet all day and give updates left and right. Or actually spend time building and testing a actually product.

I know a few companies that hype up there future products with tons of threads and 100s of post. To only tell the people the project was scrapped. I for one am not a fan of hype before hand.

A idea, sure. But a prototype coming from china that takes 2-3months for each one. I'd rather wait till production before I actually see what's going on.

3) Ford builds the best.(For my tastes) lol.

I hear you...I guess we've all been strung along at some point or another only to be left waisting time and effort.

I hope that doesn't happen here.

Ford...oh boy...

I would encourage thinking about grabbing up some of those big engines while they're still around. I refer to road-going cars not race cars. I would bet in the next decade they could become rarer in everyday cars.

Big race engines will be around for as long as people buy them.

I would also bet that there will be some killer quick hybrids on the horizon. Especially for drag racing.

But I'm not one to race in heels...

Nick, you sir are correct. When you build quality, it cost more. Those Chevy boys just don't get that. Bahahahaha.

I love Ford, and always will. I'm not a fan of all Ford cars, or all of Fords ideas, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade my decision to love Ford.

DaveD- I have yet to see Fi yank our chains. Well once, but I won't bring that up. Maybe people forgot. I hear it still might come, just chilling on the back burner.

So expect the new IB3 sub, cause its coming. I'm sure there are plenty of people, not just on this forum, waiting for BluePrint to finally come out. I know I'm excited.

I agree with the race in heels part. I love fuel, and not going to like the day it disappears, I semi hope I'm not around for it to happen. Or at least a age I could give a shit about feeling/hearing my horsepower.

I have a F-250 at the moment with a diesel and love it. And I almost can't imagine owning another gas motor vehicle. I wish companies would look more into diesel power for more carss/trucks than just ones that is designed to tow or haul.

I think a 4cylinder diesel in a mid size truck would be great. Could possibly get 30mpg and tow whatever is feasible for the weight of the truck. And last 250k miles without a sweat. Because its getting more and more common of 200+ vehicle.

Enough rant. I got a little off topic. Lol.

I also loved the fact Ford was the only one who designed a Nascar motor for a long time, and it was only recently companies decided to build one.

So the Chevy sticker was winning but the Ford motor made it possible. ;)

A lot of people did not know that. Those diehard Chevy fans there motor was better and fast, little did they know it was a Ford.

I know the older motor(around 1998)was similar to the old school Boss 302. Small block with big block heads.