FOH

Fi IB3-18

I also loved the fact Ford was the only one who designed a Nascar motor for a long time, and it was only recently companies decided to build one.

So the Chevy sticker was winning but the Ford motor made it possible. ;)

A lot of people did not know that. Those diehard Chevy fans there motor was better and fast, little did they know it was a Ford.

I know the older motor(around 1998)was similar to the old school Boss 302. Small block with big block heads.

I thought you said you were done. :ehh:

BTW - off to home depot shortly to buy the materials for my 8x18 IB. I'd like to have is all built around the time the drivers become available. There's no going back for me - I've already sold my box subs...I need to spend the $ generated from that sale on the replacement before I blow it on something else. :lol:

Edited by DaveD

I also loved the fact Ford was the only one who designed a Nascar motor for a long time, and it was only recently companies decided to build one.

A lot of people did not know that. Those diehard Chevy fans there motor was better and fast, little did they know it was a Ford.

I know the older motor(around 1998)was similar to the old school Boss 302. Small block with big block heads.

I thought you said you were done. :ehh:

BTW - off to home depot shortly to buy the materials for my 8x18 IB. I'd like to have is all built around the time the drivers become available. There's no going back for me - I've already sold my box subs...I need to spend the $ generated from that sale on the replacement before I blow it on something else. :lol:

Lol. I get carried away. I rant way to much, and do all my typing on a BlackBerry. Lol.

Most people with a computer doesn't go into as much detail as I do on my phone.

Make sure to post pics of the build though.

The build will take about a month. I want to add mass to my wall, which will require a lot of set-up work. I'm ripping off the existing drywall and installing a double layer of 5/8 drywall to the baffle wall which will be the messiest part of the job. But this will allow me to re-route my dedicated A/C circuits so the outlets are in better locations as well as framing out the vents for the rear of the drivers and installing beefy vertical members for the final baffle that will extend into the framing. Essentially, the whole set-up will be permanently built into the room.

If I ever sell this place - I hope the buyer doesn't try to remove it.

Lol. Sweet. Sounds interesting.

I really wanna see what your talking about, so make a build log. Its possible when I go to buy(most likely build) a house, in 5-7 years from now, I'll be looking to do a major home audio build. So I need to start researching now lol.

Sorry all - I'm anxious, but ---- any update on the Blueprint IB driver availability?

Incidentally, since this driver is targeted at Home Theater instead of mobile audio, perhaps a better forum for it is here:

http://ibsubwoofers.proboards.com

Tons of interest at the "cult".

I can't post there..

But tell them to relax, they must understand that we are forging all of our steel here now...and the aluminum for the 18" baskets..others will trickle down.

When we have it in hand, I'll announce it...everybody will know.

It is not going to be months, we :should: have our baskets in hand in about 4 weeks. Steel parts before that..but we can not do IB318s with out 18" baskets.

I can't post there..

But tell them to relax, they must understand that we are forging all of our steel here now...and the aluminum for the 18" baskets..others will trickle down.

When we have it in hand, I'll announce it...everybody will know.

It is not going to be months, we :should: have our baskets in hand in about 4 weeks. Steel parts before that..but we can not do IB318s with out 18" baskets.

Can i ask why you can't post there? Sounds wrong.

Not registering on another forum..I can barely keep up with this and SMD.

If i register there, people will start asking questions and expect a reply..and quite honestly ill forget about it.

What four IB3 18's can do in an HT if youre willing to break the rules a little bit but you're smart enough to do it right. These are my 1st REW sweeps I ever ran, still getting to know it. Un EQed, no HP filter, no room treatments yet. Still haven't even run Audyssey.

yes.jpg

003-2.jpg

Not to mention a 148dB in-car at 25Hz...nothing to sneeze at..that was with four IB3 18's as well.

What four IB3 18's can do in an HT if youre willing to break the rules a little bit but you're smart enough to do it right. These are my 1st REW sweeps I ever ran, still getting to know it. Un EQed, no HP filter, no room treatments yet. Still haven't even run Audyssey.

yes.jpg

003-2.jpg

Not to mention a 148dB in-car at 25Hz...nothing to sneeze at..that was with four IB3 18's as well.

That's frustrating!!! I want to get started on mine.

kryptonite - four in-house, four in-car! Got any spares?

How big is your HT room? I'm sure I've read it before, but I can't remember.

I'm preparing for eight drivers in a 6500 cubic foot room.

Dave,

Brian did 8 in his house...

Says it's absolutely insane. Look up BKOLFO4 on here. There's a build from it.

I know this is way off topic, but you are so wrong I had to say something. There were never spec engines in Cup racing. Smaller NASCAR series such as ARCA have used spec engines, and as of late it has been the LS series of Chevy engines. As far as the big block heads on a small block, that's the same as taking an 18" cone and putting it in a 10" basket. Doesn't work on subs, doesn't work on engines. The Boss 302 was nothing more than a typical Ford Small Block with the Cleveland style (4V) CANTED VALVE heads. That's it. They still use the canted valve arrangement today, but everything is specifically built for NASCAR. The only things the actual manufacturers design and manufacture are the blocks and they are designed with the teams, so basically, they tell them what they want, the engineers work it out, cast prototypes and they go from there. Cylinder heads are team specific and made either by them or for them.

I sold the four from the van to my local pawn shop to get Fi reconed Blue Print Audio 1803's, they're probably still sitting at my local pawn shop with a $299 price tag lol. I got $150/ea for them.

The HT is 12'x13.5'x8.5'

Brians build is awesome, I can't wait to see another 8 x ib3!

I sold the four from the van to my local pawn shop to get Fi reconed Blue Print Audio 1803's, they're probably still sitting at my local pawn shop with a $299 price tag lol. I got $150/ea for them.

The HT is 12'x13.5'x8.5'

Brians build is awesome, I can't wait to see another 8 x ib3!

I'd just really like to get started since selling my box subs.

I'll check out Brian's build, but I fear it'll just frustrate me even more...another month before the next update. I know you can rush quality, but I'm an impatient SOB...this has gone on for a while...

Nothing we can do about it..

It's deal with a small wait now, or wait 150 days for us to get something from china.

We no longer do business with chinese vendors..as you can not function if you are out of steel and magnet material for 150 days. Once all of the tooling dies and what not are done for the forgings everything will be rolling along smooth and it will be a 2 week lead time at the very most for us to have new steel in hands.

Just a transition period..we're waiting on them to get the pieces to us.

We'll be the only people in the industry that says our steel and baskets are forged here...finish machined in house, coated, assembled, magnetized etc.

:bigok:

Nothing we can do about it..

It's deal with a small wait now, or wait 150 days for us to get something from china.

We no longer do business with chinese vendors..as you can not function if you are out of steel and magnet material for 150 days. Once all of the tooling dies and what not are done for the forgings everything will be rolling along smooth and it will be a 2 week lead time at the very most for us to have new steel in hands.

Just a transition period..we're waiting on them to get the pieces to us.

We'll be the only people in the industry that says our steel and baskets are forged here...finish machined in house, coated, assembled, magnetized etc.

:bigok:

I have to admit being satisfied hearing that. I have a very high end system, and almost every piece is made in America.

- Mostly anyway...some pieces are REbuilt here in the US. Speakers from Illinois, amps from California, preamp from Rhode Island, the CDP likely originated from China but has been rebuilt by Theta in CA with new components including the power supply, and all custom cabling from all over the states except for maybe the HDMI.

I have to admit being satisfied hearing that. I have a very high end system, and almost every piece is made in America.

- Mostly anyway...some pieces are REbuilt here in the US. Speakers from Illinois, amps from California, preamp from Rhode Island, the CDP likely originated from China but has been rebuilt by Theta in CA with new components including the power supply, and all custom cabling from all over the states except for maybe the HDMI.

might I tease you a little bit more?

3-2.jpg

4.jpg

10Hz -3.6dB FS

THD: 7.70% THD+N: 7.75%

2nd: 5.74% 3rd: 5.11%

4th: .339% 5th:.363

6th: .228 7th: .129

8th: .032 9th: .0258

124.4dB

my window rattles in the track like mad, and everything else in the house, so IDK how much of this is feedback crap

FQC5t.jpg

nc5zz.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

1-11.jpg

2-4.jpg

1-10.jpg

2-3.jpg

After doing some searches on the web tonight, I stumbled on this thread. I'm an old school car audio guy (PG, PPI, Quart, etc back when it meant something and those brands sponsored SQ cars) who's been out of the hi-fi biz for over a decade now. I just bought a new house that has a wonderful amount of room to play with to build an IB sub setup in the mechanical/utility room (which the outside wall has the 133" screen mounted on it).

I'm really interested to hear about the new lineup of IB3's....I'd like to do 2x15's at a minimum, with perhaps room for more. As for the new lineup, are we talking months away or soon(ish)? I.e. soon or 2012? I'm starting to gather equipment now and planning this out so I can be patient. :D

After I completed the installation of the highs in my car this weekend, I decided I dont need much sub...two 12" IB3's please :) Unless of course the new lineup is going to include a 10" this time :D

Any chance for an update? I have this week on my calendar as when the IB3s might be back.

Re: Blueprint Forum and driver specs

« Reply #19 on Apr 22, 2011, 12:31pm »

Should have sample 18 out of the new shop on Tuesday. We will check out the dims and make sure it is correct and go into production. We will have stock in 2 weeks and then spend a couple of days finishing them.

We have had MANY set backs in moving every item we can back to the US. Latest of which is the exponential price increase on Neo. We had originally designed the new IB3 motor around a unique/flexible neo design... but with the insane increases in Neo, we had to scrap that even after tooling was finished and parts were sampled in favor of a ceramic motor. I am not one to spend more on products or increase cost without the $ spent being of a significant performance increase to the customer.

So... we are in the middle of sampling out the new tools/parts for the motor and we should be back in business with steel a week after we are back in stock with baskets.

We are out of 18" 12 spoke baskets now. We arent producing other subs with that basket, nor have we produced any other subs with the IB3 motor. The last subs produced with that motor were IB3 (although we use it for OEM and several other projects). We can not wait for things to be straightened out and running smooth again.

We truly appreciate your patience with all things IB3 and with the eventual transfer over to Blueprint. It has been a rough transition back to US vendors but we truly believe it is the right thing to do. Future additions to our companies (motors, baskets, and other soft parts) will all be US tooled and made. I will keep a couple of key people posted as well as this forum over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Scott