sundownz

Sundown Neo-Pro 8 and 10 (Midrange)

You can do a test video for me?

with these settings:

high-pass filter, set at 120Hz

low pass filter, set to 5000Hz

without tweeter

(if you can, even with a much smaller box....to simulate the use on the door)

many thanks

what volume do you considder a door , an SUV obviosly has bigger doors than a mini cooper

T/s available on short term ? definatly looking in to these , still undecisive on kick drivers .... found an fullranger that might do the trick after a small mod , but this just might be the better choice .

subscribed .

Will production have a different gasket?

indeed those things are ugly ....

Interesting. I would think most people would only run one driver of this size per door let alone 32 of them. Why make them 8 ohm? I know sundownz have tons more insight then I do on this.

8 ohm drivers are generally more efficient vs a 4 ohm driver with the same power.

I am not changing the gasket -- I'm assuming most folks will get / make grilles to cover it anyway.

Interesting. I would think most people would only run one driver of this size per door let alone 32 of them. Why make them 8 ohm? I know sundownz have tons more insight then I do on this.

8 ohm drivers are generally more efficient vs a 4 ohm driver with the same power.

The driver isn't more efficient. Higher resistance or impedance in this case causes the amp to produce less power, and less strain vs a lower ohm load (say 1ohm for example), thus having a higher efficiency.

But that doesn't mean it's more efficient on the same amount of power, because a 8ohm driver and 4ohm driver on the same amp will never see equal power (unless gains are changed...)

Will production have a different gasket?

indeed those things are ugly ....

no you guys are crazy the duck tape gasket is awesome!

also I like the video near the end it sounded like Satan was in the speaker lol!

also quick question the box that speaker was in how big was the box? .6 cubics?

0.5 cubics for that 10inch nice!

hey congrats on making a nice midbass!!

tweeters?? no?

with these settings:

without tweeter

many thanks

up

with these settings:

without tweeter

many thanks

up

When we have some time I'll work on other videos.

The driver isn't more efficient. Higher resistance or impedance in this case causes the amp to produce less power, and less strain vs a lower ohm load (say 1ohm for example), thus having a higher efficiency.

But that doesn't mean it's more efficient on the same amount of power, because a 8ohm driver and 4ohm driver on the same amp will never see equal power (unless gains are changed...)

well i ment the same power as lets say a 4 ohm driver on 100 watts vs a 8 ohm driver given 100 watts, the 8 ohm driver is more efficient.

well i ment the same power as lets say a 4 ohm driver on 100 watts vs a 8 ohm driver given 100 watts, the 8 ohm driver is more efficient.

What exactly do you mean by "more efficient?" Are you confusing sensitivity for efficiency?

Still incorrect man. Depending on the drivers resistance, will change the electrical impedance and cause the amplifier to make more or less power.

A direct swap out from a 4ohm driver to a 8ohm driver will cause the amp to see a higher impedance and thus create less power (same thing as wiring your subs from 1ohm to 4ohm. Amplifier produces less power but is more efficient, but just because it's more efficient doesn't mean it's going to be louder, or that the actual driver is more efficient...

Hope that makes sense :ughdunno:

Still incorrect man. Depending on the drivers resistance, will change the electrical impedance and cause the amplifier to make more or less power.

A direct swap out from a 4ohm driver to a 8ohm driver will cause the amp to see a higher impedance and thus create less power (same thing as wiring your subs from 1ohm to 4ohm. Amplifier produces less power but is more efficient, but just because it's more efficient doesn't mean it's going to be louder, or that the actual driver is more efficient...

What if the amp has a regulated power supply and makes the same power at 2-8ohms.

Now what? What point is trying to be proven here?

What if the amp has a regulated power supply and makes the same power at 2-8ohms.

Now what? What point is trying to be proven here?

Your right this is kinda pointless. :P

But I believe amps with regulated power supplies have circuity that constantly adjusts the duty cycle to keep the rail voltage at it's target voltage. Thus allowing different power voltage (11v-14v or what ever) and different impedance's at the same rated power level (rms)

At least that's how I understood it :ughdunno:

Curious to see if you guys have done any testing with other PA drivers such as B&C, RF, Faital Pro just to name a few. Looking to see how your 8's stack up against the competition, currently I have my eyes on a B&C 8NDL51 .

We've used some of the B&C units -- they compare pretty well, IMO.

Andy @ Vex productions has been testing them for a while now -- and he has used alot more of this type driver than we have... and he was quite happy with them.

What rms will these be rated at and any more info you can give us about he speakers at this time? If not no problem will just be eating some :popcorn:

What rms will these be rated at and any more info you can give us about he speakers at this time? If not no problem will just be eating some :popcorn:

Don't hog all the :popcorn: while we are waiting!

:popcorn:

lol extra buttery pop corn over here lol!

:dancing: