i've had my sae 1200d for 5months now. Yesterday when i was bumpin it a fuse blew. I replaced the blown fuse and everything was working fine. Today when i was listening to it at low volume, well my volume goes up to 30 and i put it at 23-24, so anyway i played it at 15 and nothing happened. When i put my bass to +3 its usually on -3 the fuse blew again. How can i fiz this issue?? If this is a voltage problem im going to get an xs battery soon, money is tight right now so i had to choose between some second skin or the battery. And so i bought 20sqft of damplifier and it sounds GREAT, MAJOR difference, it cleared up the sound and theres no more rattle. But anyway what should i do about my amp problem?

check all connections first. then wait for the rest of these guys to give you other instructions ;) also provide a little more information for us. what ohm load are you running? size of current wires.. sure there is more stuff but i cant think of it now. good luck.

i have all 0 gauge wiring. I have a 250amp fuse in front. planning on getting an xs 1600 soon.

Clipping the input signal maybe.

Take a DMM and check to see if you have voltage drop at the amp when your play the stereo.

i have all 0 gauge wiring. I have a 250amp fuse in front. planning on getting an xs 1600 soon.

The fuse(s) that are blowing are the "on amp" 30amp fuses right?

If you're suddenly blowing fuses it's not a problem to take lightly. I would disconnect the sub from the amp and check the voice coils on the sub. The reading on the DMM will usually be slightly less than the nominal value. Example, you have a dual 2 ohm sub wired in parallel for a 1ohm load on your 1200, the DMM will likely show ~.8 or something to that effect. If it's much higher, or lower than that you may have been clipping the sub and starting to damage the voice coil. Be sure to post up in here what it measures at and the type of sub(s) you have to be sure whether the value you measure is a good one or not. Otherwise, if the sub checks out I would imagine there may be something wrong with the amp, fuses don't suddenly start to blow after 5 months for no reason.

Just my .02

the fuses are 30amp fuses. I think i just have to put my gains down on my amp, and get that xs d1200 and i should be fine. Its funny how just yesterday i used damplifier my whole trunk and it sounded pretty damn good and clear and all of a sudden my fuse blows :WTFBubble:

Probably because right now your turning it up more and enjoying your music more since you have less rattles interfering with the sound. You need to get a volt meter and install to watch your voltage.

What are your settings on your amp? Settings on your head unit and so on? Give us more information then my fuses are blowing and I just added second skin to my install. Check all connections/fuses, get a DMM if you dont have one?

Now that i replaced my fuses, 30 amp fuses btw, i have the gain um i really cant explain it so lets use a clock as an example. The gain is at 5 0clock, the subsonic is on 3, bass boost is 0, and that one other one i forgot but its on 1 0 clock. On my factory radio i have the bass at -4, fade is at 0, treble +5, and thats about it. It sounds amazing with that second skin. Since the gain is low i can turn it up and nothing will happen, but i just ordered an xs d1200 for under the hood, and hopefully that will fix the problem. I also checked all 3 wires, the ground, power, and remote wire, and everything is fine. I also need to get a dmm meter when i get the battery installed.

Now that i replaced my fuses, 30 amp fuses btw, i have the gain um i really cant explain it so lets use a clock as an example. The gain is at 5 0clock, the subsonic is on 3, bass boost is 0, and that one other one i forgot but its on 1 0 clock. On my factory radio i have the bass at -4, fade is at 0, treble +5, and thats about it. It sounds amazing with that second skin. Since the gain is low i can turn it up and nothing will happen, but i just ordered an xs d1200 for under the hood, and hopefully that will fix the problem. I also checked all 3 wires, the ground, power, and remote wire, and everything is fine. I also need to get a dmm meter when i get the battery installed.

If you used the right numbers on the clock then it seems like your gain is to high as well as your subsonic filter. I think you mean your gain is at the 7 o clock position and your ssf is at the 9 o clock position.

Everybody who has said anything about gain setting is 100% wrong. How do I know? You have NO idea what his RCA voltage is. The gain is to match line voltage, not to set a power level or just another dial to set randomly.

Based on the fact that it didn't do it till you were likely moving things around, that tells me it's a connection somewhere. Either on the amp, or otherwise. I've only seen a 1200d blow onboard fuses from low voltage due to a poor ground, or a sub going bad. Any other condition it SHOULD go into protect before anything else, including running it below 1 ohm or too high of RCA voltage for the gain setting.

^ word

If you don't have a DMM you can't say your ground wires are "good" besides visually checking them. You can get a DMM for cheap and once you do I would check out the voltage to that amp while playing and check for a significant voltage drop. I'd do it before you put a new battery in.

If you don't have a DMM you can't say your ground wires are "good" besides visually checking them.

The way I check grounds without a DMM is as follows:

1. Find ground wire

2. Pull on ground wire till your hand hurts

3. If it didn't come loose, ground is good. If it came out, ground was not good enough/bad.

Who says there is no corrosion ;)? If I check a ground without a DMM I remove the ground and inspect the metal to see if it's clean or not. Can't tell you how many times I hear people say "i checked the grounds and they were good" but yet that ended up being the problem.

Edited by beandip

Who says there is no corrosion ;)? If I check a ground without a DMM I remove the ground and inspect the metal to see if it's clean or not. Can't tell you how many times I hear people say "i checked the grounds and they were good" but yet that ended up being the problem.

But if it was corroded, it would be right on top and not in the connection! :sleepwerd4: Yeah, I've said the same thing, then followed by "did you take the terminal off?" and they go "why would I do that?".

finally fixed the problem. I installed the xs d1200 under the hood, i should of got a bigger one lol. I re tuned my amp. Now clock wise the gain is at 2 o clock. Subsonic is between 8 and 9. The frequncy is at 10, bass boost of course at 0. With my volume up i checked my voltage and it does not drop below 13.5 thanks to that d1200. When i checked the voltage with a volt meter the heat was on and the full light was on also, So thats prety good. Only thing thats bugging me is my lights still dim. Could it be my alternator since its a 90amp alternator.

Im glad you got everything working right, I knew you had the gains a tad bit too high. Have you done the Big 3 Wiring? If not check it out:

What other amps do you have in the car if any?

i dont have any other amps in my car. Yes, i have the big 3 done, well i have 0 gaage from the nagative terminal to the chastity of the car and the engone block to the chastity of the car also. I have no idea how to do it from the alternator to the battery, that step is hard.