PIEzoo

Fi's Manufacturing line pictures?

I was just wondering if there are any pictures of where the subs are made and all that shannanganes? I just think it would be cool if they had some pictures of it on their website :dancing:

Well I took it in that manner so you have my sincere apology for being mistaken

I asked back in 06 right after Fi came about. Didn't get any then.

There are pictures of parts being run in the CNC's but that's all I know about.

jsi0028l.jpg

Sad Face.....

I wna see pics too! Maybe just the break room??? Or atleast the building or something. Maybe even the lil boys room???

Fi has something called NDA's SO ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

:peepwall:

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement, confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects non-public business information.

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement, confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects non-public business information.

Nice, very technical way of saying no. I didn't know they had that going on, sorry.

Nice, very technical way of saying no. I didn't know they had that going on, sorry.

They also OEM other companies, showing trade secrets = court and court = bad.

:ehh:

Break room? We are not that kind of company...lol

Really people think we are bigger/cooler than we are. No show room, nothing fancy, just 6 shops (4 in a row and 2 in separate buildings... as we are slowly taking over this whole block of buildings). We have one with the 2 main offices in front and the machine shop in back. 10 lbs of beans in a 5lb sack with machines in that one. But the way the cells/machines are set up it works great. Next door is the test room and another room for clothing. Behind that in the warehouse is a room for screening shirts/stickers... then mezzanine for storage. Next building is build shop and coil/spider storage. Next shop is wood in back and sealed off up front for motor assembly. Other two outlaying shops are storage for parts and half of the other being the "toy" shop for projects rarely relating to car audio.

As mentioned above, we have quite a bit of proprietary info going on at any given time and dont allow most people in period. Should you show up depending on what we are doing you might get a tour of all shops or none ;) We simply build all day, nothing glamorous or cool... But having this sort of mentality keeps the overhead and driver costs low and helps us forge a solid path through all the equally priced Chinese made stuff.

Thanks,

Scott

Ive knew about the setup of your shops for a while.

But I'm glad you finally decided to give a good detailed post about it Scott.

I've seen it. The place is nothing to scream about, but the idea of seperate shops for different process's is fantastic. The engineering side means business, no bullshiting in there. Wish I had more time to chill.. Maybe next time.

I love how people think how it could be in there. Other people show there production lines, but thats where there shit stops. Fi builds every motor in-house, theres no mass of room and 40ft long roller line, shit is purposeful in the way it needs to be..

Trully unique what they do. But people still seem to think its cool to buy shit from manupackers, not to mention the people who trully have NO engineering background or idea on speaker design altogether.

I feel honoured to be part of such an outfit. And the industry should be honoured to have something so RARE, infact one of a kind going strong even with an global economic meltdown.

Trully unique what they do. But people still seem to think its cool to buy shit from manupackers, not to mention the people who trully have NO engineering background or idea on speaker design altogether.

My thoughts exactly.

No offense but people have no idea in most cases, even if they know they look the other way.

People rave about this company who drops in moving assembly as build "custom" and "built" to order. I lol. Anybody can do that.

Where are the pictures of the CNC machine because that was one of the things i really wanted to see haha

I wna see pics too! Maybe just the break room???

Don't know what a 'break' is...spinning around in a chair sideways while shoving food down my throat is about it :)..still run parts while eating lunch a lot of time.

My tour in 07 was really amazing, also seeing how down to earth the guys were, and how modest the process was. I'm sure it's grown since then but still. Just the bit I talked to Scott it was obvious how knowledgeable he was, it made me realize how little I know. It changed my perspective on things a bit I guess. :fing34:

My tour in 07 was really amazing, also seeing how down to earth the guys were, and how modest the process was. I'm sure it's grown since then but still. Just the bit I talked to Scott it was obvious how knowledgeable he was, it made me realize how little I know. It changed my perspective on things a bit I guess. :fing34:

Lucky basturd.

I've always wanted to meet Scott and have a look around a real subwoofer buildhouse.

One day I assume, if I ever make it to vegas.

Don't know what a 'break' is...spinning around in a chair sideways while shoving food down my throat is about it ..still run parts while eating lunch a lot of time.

So is that why I found a piece of bread in my subs pole vent?? LOL jk :roflmao:

Don't know what a 'break' is...spinning around in a chair sideways while shoving food down my throat is about it ..still run parts while eating lunch a lot of time.

Wouldn't surprise me. I generally don't have a speaker on the table if i'm eating lunch...sometimes I forget though. :)

I could care less if Scott forces 8 year olds to work overtime in a Vegas sweat shop to make the speakers... They are great. Built rock solid.

Because of that, Ive had over 40 speakers from Fi/Ascendant and the number will only keep growing.

Wouldn't surprise me. I generally don't have a speaker on the table if i'm eating lunch...sometimes I forget though. :)

Is Fi car audio Hiring? I would love to build subwoofers, that would be a dream come true!