SpeakerBoy

What would you do?

Now that i'm playing the find-a-car game again, the beetle is back on my list, for price reasons.

I currently have nothing planned (well i know i want thump, but beyond that, nothing)

With a budget of $3k what is the loudest you could get a beetle, tuned low, to peak around 27-29hz. Back seats are optional. Would like a pair of subs, but a single badass sub wouldn't be the worst. everything besides the fabrication of the box, is done by my hand. This seems like a backwards goal, but my desired show off songs would be, like, Trunk Bang by dorrough and I cook - by OJ da Juiceman. If the low tuning doesn't murk the score, i'd like to be able to compete. Mid 140's would be a plus.

Whatever the decision, mids and highs will be Focal.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

If the rear seats would be out a 2x15 might just fit nicely .....single 3kw amp , batts in the back ... should be within budget

real low tuning and competing generally don't mix well

First thing I would do is decide on a different car. That is a girls car.

:roflmao:

haha. If you wanna thump just for your own personal pleasure then go ahead and buy yourself a beetle. But, if you are looking to go to comps and get some respect, might wanna rethink. If you search craigslist you can probably find a great deal on another car. I picked up my 2001 infiniti from some old dude on craigslist for $1800. Sure, it had 100,000 miles but it works for me. Good luck!

ouch!... lol

I misspoke when i said for price reasons. It's free.

you could always try to sell it....

If not, you could wall it with two fifteens if you are trying to impress.

you could always try to sell it....

If not, you could wall it with two fifteens if you are trying to impress.

i'd prefer subs up, my favorite personally. Would two btl 15's (on a AQ3500D each) destroy the bug?

Find a CRX. :-)

You can get real loud.

You can get real loud.

lol but a crx is like, cheating. if i get the funds together before i get the bug signed over, i'm getting a ford taurus.

You can get real loud.

lol but a crx is like, cheating. if i get the funds together before i get the bug signed over, i'm getting a ford taurus.

How is a CRX like cheating?

Ha Ha, truth.

Unless he is .........................Not that there is anything wrong with that.

For audio purposes a beetle is a MUCH better SQ car than get loud car. That dash goes on for miles. Get a pink one.

Haha females are only half the world. Not saying much more than that.

Can SQ still be somewhat loud?

I know there can be a long debate on the bug being a girls car or not, but at the right price and being able to get good mpg I'd go for it. Your questions on the possibilities reminded me of a thread I saw here on SSA so I went back and looked for it. Good luck on your desicion and here are the vids and the link....

These videos were posted here:

2nd video @ 00:42 hold his ears outside the car and he has a purse...........just saying.

:greddy2:

2nd video @ 00:42 hold his ears outside the car and he has a purse...........just saying.

:hay: man shut up thats a murse, keep talking and its gonne be me and you :johnecon:

:roflmao: sorry I had to

hahaha i noticed that too. c'mpn now it could be a totally straight 'man bag'......

all b.s. aside, if you've got a beetle for free and you wanna save gas money i say screw what ppl think. that guy/girl/it's car has some decent sized subs in the backseat. looks to be pretty loud too. idk about competing though

Damn you got a good eye Sir!!

That's a European shoulder bag, that option would be up to SpeakerBoy.

:ughdunno:

A turbo black one, tinted and lowered would be ok.

It was a camcorder case ... JERK!!! ... lmfao... either way that Beetle was thumpin' man...