matthubb123

monte carlo ss wall build

U make it to Casper? :morepower1:

ya i made it there... but just barely lol

before we left for Louisville we did some testing and in the process the front of my box just exploded apart.. :WTFBubble: so i pull up to Casper with a busted up wall that im holding up with one arm the entire way there, I get pushed inside(because u cant have the car on) pay the $100 entry fee to do both spl and park and pound. At this point im not even sure if im going to even be ready to compete, so i pull everything out on the floor and line all the subs by the car as people are walking by met a few really cool guys from team IAK, had alot of help from team LOCO finally got everything in turns out the box which i payed a local guy to make was no where near as strong as it needed to be nor was it even built the right way what so ever... it looked good but with that much power i should have had a much much higher score. ended up with a 146.0 db in m4(which is terrible) and a 128.9db in db4 park and pound(drive by spl) which is still terrible considering what it should have been. I placed 4th in db4 so i dident qualify for Sunday. I was so upset over everything that i dident even go Sunday to watch the finals, so turns out i get a text message saying one of the guys in db4 was disqualified for whatever reason and they called my name to run :WTFBubble: so i would have placed third if i had went Sunday. I still had a great time and the highlight of the night for me was watching the hydraulic competition and watching all the cars pretty much blow up and shoot sparks everywhere. I must have seen about $50,000 go up in smoke. most impressive part of the night was watching Hank and those 48 10"s slam and shake the entire building during his park and pound run. So to end this update my car goes back in the shop either Tuesday or Wednesday and the box will be completely rebuilt and i will share all the updates. sorry no videos but here are sum pics that i took,

395440943.jpg

395440969.jpg

395440965.jpg

395440961.jpg

395440960.jpg

395440959.jpg

395440958.jpg

395440954.jpg

395440951.jpg

395440952.jpg

395440950.jpg

395440949.jpg

395440946.jpg

395440947.jpg

395440945.jpg

395440944.jpg

395440957.jpg

395440956.jpg

395440955.jpg

that sucks to hear about your car and such man. hopefully the shop who built your box wrong the first time isn't charging you to build it again. looks like you had a lot of fun though

that sucks to hear about your car and such man. hopefully the shop who built your box wrong the first time isn't charging you to build it again. looks like you had a lot of fun though

Nope, im not paying them a penny more, they offered to rebuild the entire box for free so im not gunna blast the name of the shop on here but it sucks because i put everything together the last 3 months for that one day.... there are plenty more shows this year but nothing like Carl Casper.

No pics of the box carnage? I always like to see how things fail so I can better understand how to prevent it.

Good looking build that sucks about the box.

shoulda had bud do it.

well that was the entire game plan since day one, once everything was in i tried to call Bud at least 5 times that week and never got an answer or a call back so i figured either he was to busy or didn't wanna do it anymore and i didn't wanna blow his phone up so i quit calling him. We talked at Casper about the whole situation i guess he thought i was mad or something but i wasn't what so ever, he said i should have left a message but i never leave voice mails, but here is the deal... all last summer i was on his team (Bangin on a Budget) and i learned alot from him, i think he most def knows all the in's and out's of building what i needed but he just quit calling me all together so i had to have someone else build it. congrats to Bud for winning Loudest in Louisville Friday night. ("Ive got a letter for you and its really loud " haha you know what that means if you seen his van,i have great pics of it but im sure he doesn't want them posted on here.

No pics of the box carnage? I always like to see how things fail so I can better understand how to prevent it.

Good looking build that sucks about the box.

X2 on the pics!!

Sorry to hear that about the box man. Thanks for sharing the pics with us though, that Firebird is bad to the bone

You still placed third in db3, i got your trophy brotha. next time we see each other ill get it to you.

Id tell the shop to make the box bigger. and have an interchangable port. one you can tune high, and then low. or some of my 8's.

You still placed third in db3, i got your trophy brotha. next time we see each other ill get it to you.

Id tell the shop to make the box bigger. and have an interchangable port. one you can tune high, and then low. or some of my 8's.

:ughdunno: sweet yep also taking buds idea and doing all 4 15's on one side and the port on the other side behind the drivers seat, still deciding on the port. Thanks for grabbin my trophy man, just please don't lose it in your pile of trophy's laying everywhere haha

congrats to Farriswheel for winning 1st place in MOD 2 with a 150.3 with on 18!! thats sick man you deserve it!! just looked at the meca homepage and im on the picture taken from Casper with my back turned to the camera..figures haha new box on the way :drink40:

Any updates on this?

new box should be finished in the next 20- 30 days. will keep pics posted as progress continues

Thursday night i feel asleep at the wheel in my monte carlo ss (sober) on the way to see my mom and work on my car and ended up smashing a guard rail doing about 60mph and did alot of damage, pics to come... been laid up in bed with whiplash.

I wear my seat belt 99.9% of the time...except for this night all audio equipment is fine and my car should be fixed by the end of this week, then the new wall goes in !!

Scary, I hate driving when I'm tired. Glad to hear it was a guard rail and not a tree or creek or something really bad.

You have some horible luck with this build. Glad you made it out of your accident.

I keep looking at how clean the trunk looks, I am jealous.

Looks great, good luck moving forward!

thanks everyone, just got my car back today, everything is fixed except for the body work which starts monday, so by the end of next week she should be lookin brand new!!

after body work the new box will be installed and you know ill have pics updated daily!!, ill try tomorrow to get some carnage pics of the right side of my car lol

Dang, that awesome looking wall busted, then car busted up. Dude you gotta get a rabbit's foot to rub on. That sucks. Hope you get things all sorted out.

Glad its coming back together and ready for the updates once body work is complete.

Good to hear... Make this a rush order.. We need PICS! :peepwall: