Sign in to follow this  
mariobjones

2 SSA ICON 15s in 2002 Grand Prix

IIRC the box is 35.75"W X 16"D X 11.5"T. It will fit with the sub facing toward the rear but then you run the chance of blocking the subs output off. The box went in through the trunk opening, the largest box I fit through the trunk opening was 32"w X 16"t X 16"d and I had to jump on it and muscle it in.

Sawzall!

That's a easy fix lol.

Not going to cut up the car, I actually had to disassemble the box to take it out though. lol

Thanks for posting the picture bromo. Good to see more people running them sealed. ;)

sleepwerd4.gif I love it sealed.trink40.gif

Yeah, bromo you've helped me in my decision. Thanks bro

fing34.gif I'd like to see how this ends up. :)

Yeah bro, I bought them today. Denim told me that their the first gen, and only a handful were made. So their rare. Bought them for 90 bucks. 90 for two good condition subs. I can't wait to start this install.

Heck $90 for one in moderate shape is an awesome deal.

rofl2.gif And I thought I got a good deal on mine. turkey.gif

Lol I know you guys. Uploading now, and denim I kinda pushed the dust caps in, how would I fix that?

$90 for 2 15" icons? Any more of these denim? :)

Take a pencil ,eraser first, and push the dent out from through the pole vent.

Thanks bro. I will do in a minute. So what do you guys think? Their going in my grand prix 2002 anniversary. I'll upload new pics of the car also, it's not the silver one anymore.(rest in peace prix)

Bromo beat me too it. The pencil eraser works well, just be gentle.

Side note, one Icon motor alone costs more then what you paid for the pair of working drivers.

Bromo beat me too it. The pencil eraser works well, just be gentle.

Side note, one Icon motor alone costs more then what you paid for the pair of working drivers.

ninja.gif

Working on build now!! Got my dimensions. 30.75Wx16Hx12.0. 2.3cuft. Each box. Official car space 36in. Across, 41in long, and 17in tall. (under-rated measurements) need to pick up wood glue now, and terminals!! Will update pics in a few hours.

Ok you guys, finished one box!! Looking pretty good!! And looks like it's gonna be an tight fit!

Massive audio amp gave me problems.. Heated knu koncept fire. So I have that amp under my bed collecting dust. I have now temporarily a MA 4500 amp. On one Ssa 15 icon, and I can say that it is really pushing that sub!! Getting a nice flex with just one. Building other sub box tomorrow. Oh and peal n seal is freaking awesome. I just have one layout on trunck lid, and theirs zero vibration!! Will be doing another layer in wheel well, and double trunk lid when I install the other Ssa icon. My setup should be complete just in time for Mardi GRAS weekend!!! Hell YEaHH!!!

Uploading pics now of build!! Will do a demo video tomorrow!!!

78c38191.png

f6960531.png SAW DUSt ON ICON

a2430962.png

ede1cfd2.png

UPLOADING REST OF PICS TOMORROW AND VIDEO OF THE FLEX. You guys let me know if it's the loudest car trunk with real trunk!!!

you are going to need a bigger drill bit! lol! nice wood though ;)

Uploading pics now of build!! Will do a demo video tomorrow!!!

a2430962.png

UPLOADING REST OF PICS TOMORROW AND VIDEO OF THE FLEX. You guys let me know if it's the loudest car trunk with real trunk!!!

Lol actually I broke this one on accident, drilling down in reverse lol. It was tragic!! Got a sweet steal on the birch 2 sheets for $20 lol

Ok here's some pics of wire and fuse holder I got today in mail!! Will be running another run of 0gauge also to batteries in trunk!!

KnuKonceptz 24f9fb45.png

965faa00.png

KnuKoncept 16gauge wire for kenwood 5-ways

d40a32fe.png

Cadence Fuse Holder 200amp fuse

5f0efab8.png

MICKEY DEEZ IN THE TRUNK

69e4ba07.png

One layer of peel n seal!! Will be installing to more layers!! It doesnt rattle as much now with the one layer!! Peel n seal rocks!!

4cc868a8.png

nice color! i like! how does it sound?