1nigger

got some questions for crx set up

I've got a 91 crx dx and I've been withoutbass for a while taxes are in and I'm ready to purchase some subs. I'm not set on what I want yet I have 2 15 icons. I've had many ideas and my spending limit on a sub, or subs but I need help deciding. I don't have a amp yet I want to get a 1 ohm stable amp for the subs or sub but what coils would i g3t? Any other sub ideas throw them at me and if you can answer my questions please do! I'd like to get sponsered but dont know what it takes

So you have 2 15" icons, but you havent decided on which subs yet.. but you want a 1 ohm stable amp. unsure of what coils to get the subs in for your amp to see ~1ohm. hope i got that right.. if your going to run 2 subs get dual 1 ohm coils on BOTH. if its just 1 sub then get dual 2 ohm coils. Im not familiar with that vehicle's space, maybe you should provide some dimensions you have to work with so people can give you some options, also explain what your goal is for this system so you can pick the right sub(s). I sure there is other people in here who have done system's in those vehicles that can be more help.

I haven't purchased the subs yet ill measure dimensions in the morning I am gonna be using this as a daily street beater but I wanna be really loud I know having a crx isn't hard to get loud and I wanna get the best subs for the money I got a friend to buy a 18 in xcon for a suburban and I thought about one 15 in xcon but I wanna move the most air possible

In a CRX Subs forward port back is the best for loudness and sounds really good to boot. Had a friend get a 162 from a CRX with 4 Solo X 10"s on 16k. It was stupid.

I would go with 4 ICON 10"s or 4 ICON 12"s firing forward with a good bit of port firing back wards via Aero Ports.

A number of people used to run 4 -12's firing up (loading off the glass), port back.

I don't have the money for 4 icons 10s or 12s that would be the dream for me but power and batts I don't have that big of a budget I seen the used 18" xcon on the store I could go with a single xcon but I still haven't measured my dimensions I want some bass soon is the xcon used still up for sale? I am wanting this for daily listening to since I drive 30 mins to work almost everyday I drive around a lot any opinions help I am headed to work now and plan on buying something tonight pm me if you have something for sale thanks for the input

Bought the 18" xcon finally!! Waitin on tracking numbers crx is gonna have some bass again

That xcon should rip in the CRX. Looking forward to some more progress.

That xcon should rip in the CRX. Looking forward to some more progress.

I agree!! Bring on the progress pics!! :popcorn:

How will you fit the 18" sub in this crx ? A wall, ...or you will remove the back seats ?

Great sub though !

Already have an amp for it ?

I will post some pics I still haven't measured dimensions going to today when I wake up my friends 18 xcon in a burb is pretty low so I'm sure its gonna murder my Rex I'm excited I'm still waitin To order a amp hoping to find a good deal around 350 give or take 50 looking at hifonics brutus or AQ 2200. db-r had saz 1500 on sale but there all gone anyone have anything for sale? 1 ohm stable

Oh and I have no back seats notorious mine is a dx

Don't get a cheaper amp just because it has a few hundred more watts.

i am gonna definatly take your advice Denim! i might have to get a new headunit tho i installed a amp to my componet set and i only get sound from the right speaker and nothing from the left and the noise i get it is popping too the whole time its a brand new amp my headunit is a pioneer supertuner like 06 i think i have 6 channel stinger stage 3 rca and jl 250.2 just a cheap amp got a good deal for it

Lol ok ill take some pics I don't feel as my work is anywhere close to good enough for pics I got a new Kenwood excelon kdc-x794 today pics coming soon

Pics of the car itself would be nice. Inside and out :)

The max dimensions, if i recall correctly are about 35 wide and 40 long. i wouldnt go any more than 20 tall. That is taking into account you're making a false floor, which will be raised above the two bumps on the rear wheel wells that are most protruding. Hope that makes sense. It will when you go get a tape out there. If you dont make the false floor higher than those bumps then you'll have about 28" width. I've got a box that is 35/34/17ish in my rex. now. Just under/about 7 cubic feet after displacement.

Did you ever think of 4 Dcons?