illestG

which voltmeter

hey guys. i am in need of a voltmeter for my car. the car doesnt come with one from the factory. and i would like to add one. i dont want the typical stinger one or a round one. but i am looking for something small. oh and i dont want to have to order it off ebay as i have had too many bad experiences with ebay. thanks

stinger... your gonna pay thru the nose locally tho

Have you checked walmart or radio shack? should have something for ya' between those two stores.

why do you not want the "typical stinger meter"? You can get it un red ir blue to march your head unit. And its easy to install...

i want it for my car because my car does not have one. and i want a digital one because i want to know exactly what my car is running at when the stereo is on. and i dont want the stinger one because im not a fan of the way it looks

i want it for my car because my car does not have one. and i want a digital one because i want to know exactly what my car is running at when the stereo is on. and i dont want the stinger one because im not a fan of the way it looks

Not to be rude, but that's all that's really out there. There isn't much need for different ones. I suppose if you really want a different one, buy a stinger volt meter and then take it apart and make it look how you want to. But i am guessing you don't want to do that much work for a volt meter. So i recommend just getting a stinger ;)

Shouldn't really have your system in a spot where you would need one, if so, then you have other issues. For setup fine, but then a non-permanent one is a much better solution.

http://www.cymaxstores.com/Efx-PDMWF2D-Dgtl-Dsply-Pwr-Block.htm?ID=37017&Src=CI&SrcID=3280060&ci_src=64119933&ci_sku=37017&src=GAN

MY cousin gave me one of these that was missing all its screws, so i pulled the blue part out soldered a piece of wire to the short wires it had and ran it to my battery. it works better then my factory volt gauge. once i figure out where i want to mount it and have time im gonna pull it out of the blue part and flush mount it in the dash. all it is is a little circuit board about 2"x1" and the screen sticks out off the board about 1/2"-3/4'. so ill dremal a hole where i can fit the screen through nice and snug to hold it in. and the screen is like a 3/4" square and pretty bright. my gma seen it on her security cam and thought a light was on in my car . also it lights up red dunno if it comes in other colors

Shouldn't really have your system in a spot where you would need one, if so, then you have other issues. For setup fine, but then a non-permanent one is a much better solution.

No volt meter is permanent. A volt meter can always be removed. The use of a volt meter with an altered electrical system in a vehicle is an excellent safety gauge. The placement of the volt meter within the electrical path is crucial IMO. Having a volt meter inline with the amplifier's power input is best IMO.

I guess you do not have an engine temperature gauge in your car either?

hey guys. i am in need of a voltmeter for my car. the car doesnt come with one from the factory. and i would like to add one. i dont want the typical stinger one or a round one. but i am looking for something small. oh and i dont want to have to order it off ebay as i have had too many bad experiences with ebay. thanks

There are many DIY kits available, do a google search. The only real limitation is your soldering/electrical skills.

the ones from ebay look nice....i was just going to order a stinger but i may order one from ebay now..... :morepower1:

the ones from ebay look nice....i was just going to order a stinger but i may order one from ebay now..... :morepower1:

second that... I like the look alot better...

I don't know what company I'm going to go with. I'm going to do pods on my a-pillar, and mount a voltmeter in one of the slots. Would it be stupid to have one for each amp?

the one i ordered from ebay says it shipped and should be here around march 6th. once i get it ill will take pictures of it and do a little review on it

I don't know what company I'm going to go with. I'm going to do pods on my a-pillar, and mount a voltmeter in one of the slots. Would it be stupid to have one for each amp?

If you want one then no. I currently have a triple gauge pod on my dash and only two are being used at the moment. Planning on purchasing one of the glowshift ones to match my defi ones origionally

That's good to know... all they make for my car is a triple guage pod, and I don't want two empty slots. Besides, that's an excuse to run 3 amps :)