ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

2011-04-27_18-13-08_213.jpg

Very nice I like!!!

Well see how good the right side pod matches this one :P

How much sanding went into that pod? How thin of material were you using to try and wrap it?

I sanded for about an hour. I should have sanded the fiberglass more and used less bondo though.

Material was definitely thicker then a t shirt but still relatively thin for pleather vinyl. It was more of a problem wrapping and having creases everywhere. I need to learn how to cut it right so the creases are ridden of.

I sanded for about an hour. I should have sanded the fiberglass more and used less bondo though.

Material was definitely thicker then a t shirt but still relatively thin for pleather vinyl. It was more of a problem wrapping and having creases everywhere. I need to learn how to cut it right so the creases are ridden of.

:fing34:

That pleather stuff is an itch to work with, from what i've done. I had the same problem on my pods. Would have been even worse for me on your small tweet pods.

Keep on truckin' and getting experience. I need to start doing that soon.

:fing34:

That pleather stuff is an itch to work with, from what i've done. I had the same problem on my pods. Would have been even worse for me on your small tweet pods.

Keep on truckin' and getting experience. I need to start doing that soon.

For the last couple weeks I've been working on our new house, laid laminate flooring, laid brick for patio, wheel barreled sand, all day long. Then I'd drive across town to our old house, get home around 7pm, and work on my doors til 12, then go to mcdonalds, then sleep.

And now, I'm finally done working on the new house, pretty much done with everything, so I think I'm gonna load up a box of all fiberglass, mat, sand paper, dremel, paint, and just relax for two days and go over everything with a little more patience. Maybe sand down some rough edges :P

I think the tweeter pods were too small with too many contours to wrap with just about anything :ughdunno:

I might try and make some tweeter pods like this:

hmmmi.jpg

Imagining the two poles being stainless steel mounted to the door, and the pod just floats a little away from door. :wub:

That would be sweet. I know it's not FG, but have you thought about PVC end caps for the tweets? Could do something similar with what you posted above. Sand them a little and paint them up!

That would be sweet. I know it's not FG, but have you thought about PVC end caps for the tweets? Could do something similar with what you posted above. Sand them a little and paint them up!

I saw that on one of the builds here somewhere, took a look but could not find it. From what I remember they looked pretty sweet.

I thought that your tweeter pod is really nice. It would take some time to get them wrapped in vinyl. I know from reading some other threads it does take using some heat to get the vinyl to stretch over the pod. Check with Sir Lancelot and J-roadtatts on some tips... they both had very good results doing vinyl on their pods.

Yeah possibly pvc... hmm.

The problem I'm having is making both pods look the same. I think I remember even seeing a group buy for aluminum tweeter pods on a volvo forum, hmmm

The problem I'm having is making both pods look the same. I think I remember even seeing a group buy for aluminum tweeter pods on a volvo forum, hmmm

Could you try to wrap the one you have in tinfoil and make a mold of it for the other side?

Wow, I missed a lot on here. You been a busy guy Stephan!

Looking good home slice!

Could you try to wrap the one you have in tinfoil and make a mold of it for the other side?

Yeah :wub: never came to thought.

I found this article, looks pretty cool and it's easy: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/53732-cheap-adjustable-easily-replaceable-tweeter-pods.html

:D :D :D

Wow, I missed a lot on here. You been a busy guy Stephan!

Looking good home slice!

:thanx: And for more

2011-04-28_17-30-14_975.jpg

2011-04-28_17-30-26_429.jpg

2011-04-28_18-01-02_443.jpg

2011-04-28_18-01-13_242.jpg

2011-04-29_06-54-05_271.jpg

2011-04-29_06-54-15_825.jpg

I found this article, looks pretty cool and it's easy: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/53732-cheap-adjustable-easily-replaceable-tweeter-pods.html

I have seen that PVC end cap idea in a few vehicles. It looks really nice.

Yep, that's the thread I saw. I think yours would be more eye appealling if you could get them to look like you want. They would flow better with your door panel.

The pods for the mids look like they are coming together nicely!

Coming along nicely! I'm liking the PVC idea more and more..

Yeah me too. Im stopping by lowes today and picking some up

Yeah me too. Im stopping by lowes today and picking some up

:fing34: Hope they fit! If/when i ever get another set of components i think im going to do the same thing down in my kick panel for the extra pair of tweeters.

Made new pods, found everything I needed, they came out pretty nice to me, still need to paint...

I'll post pictures tomorrow,don't have my comp with me.

Cool new goodies!! Waiting on the pics!

216105_1859129952735_1075479820_32081039_3230925_n.jpg

216573_1859129672728_1075479820_32081038_7534139_n.jpg

looks good brother

The PVC pods look so much better then my glass ones, and they only took like 30 minutes. :P

Very nice! Weren't able to put them at an angle at all?