ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

give a review of the vibe equipment when you get the chance. i've looked at their products so many times that i'm losing it haha. looks good for temporary

Will do! Hopefully I'll have them installed this weekend.

I'm having trouble finding a good spot to mount my tweeters, so I'm doing a small pod on the door, right above the midbass pod. Not really sure if it's going to look stupid or somewhat decent when I'm done, but either way I'll finish it up and try again later :attempt:

careful don't mount the tweeter to far away! i though the rule of thumb was no more then 12inch away from the mid bass or maybe that was the old rule!

but I am sure it will look cool all the same! heck you should do something crazy like mount the mids and tweeter in the ceiling of the car!! so they shoot down on top of you! now that would be new and awesome at the same time! what do you think!

careful don't mount the tweeter to far away! i though the rule of thumb was no more then 12inch away from the mid bass or maybe that was the old rule!

but I am sure it will look cool all the same! heck you should do something crazy like mount the mids and tweeter in the ceiling of the car!! so they shoot down on top of you! now that would be new and awesome at the same time! what do you think!

Not enough room up there lol. When I get in and out, my head bumps the garage door opener on the sun visor sometimes :roflmao:

I'll finish this up, see how it sounds and looks. May end up just wrapping the whole entire door, probably be easier and look better, just a shit load more sanding

wow nice fab on the tweeter pod! LMAO it looks happy to see you!

wow nice fab on the tweeter pod! LMAO it looks happy to see you!

It looks happy to see me, I don't get it, I feel dumb now :P

:peepwall::drink40:

Okay now I feel really dumb. :roflmao:

Tomorrow I'm going out to the other house, going to bring back the dremel and jigsaw. Hopefully I can cut and sand this fiberglass, and cut some baffles.

Lookin' goood! How did you start the pod? just a ring and some glue?

Cut some pvc, so it was a small ring, hot glued piece of construction paper around ring, then cut at an angle. Then taped edges to door.

Not going to say this was the proper way, or even a good way to do it lol. I'm just getting my feet wet with all this glassing :drink40:

To attach the tweeter to the pod, I'll probably use a small wing nut through the plastic housing to the base of pod when it's finished.

We'll see how it goes!

Cut some pvc, so it was a small ring, hot glued piece of construction paper around ring, then cut at an angle. Then taped edges to door.

Not going to say this was the proper way, or even a good way to do it lol. I'm just getting my feet wet with all this glassing :drink40:

To attach the tweeter to the pod, I'll probably use a small wing nut through the plastic housing to the base of pod when it's finished.

We'll see how it goes!

Sounds good, have to learn somehow, right? :fing34:

We'll see how it goes!

Sounds good, have to learn somehow, right? :fing34:

Exactly :)

:wub: your desire to jump right in and get with it. I feel once you get your head wrapped around that glass you will have a setup that looks and sounds great!!

:wub: your desire to jump right in and get with it. I feel once you get your head wrapped around that glass you will have a setup that looks and sounds great!!

Thank you!

After a few tries, and breaks in between, I should be able to make some final ones at the end of summer. When I do that I'll be sure to test the tweeter location and positioning to make sure it sounds good.

I tried to put these small tweeter pods as high as possible, while keeping them on the doors.

Being able to learn from mistakes/past experience is a good mindset to have. Some just can't do it. Seeing that you're able to start off knowing that you will do better next time and give yourself opportunities to make little mistakes and learn is admirable. Nice going. :bigok:

(please don't take this as me being an ass, i'm not trying to say your work is crap right now, get what i mean?)

Did you mess around with the tweeter placement before you picked that location? When you sit in the car with the door closed is it pointed at you? I usually like my tweeters on axis. It looks like you are learning fast on how to fiberglass. Keep it up. I look forward to more progress.

Being able to learn from mistakes/past experience is a good mindset to have. Some just can't do it. Seeing that you're able to start off knowing that you will do better next time and give yourself opportunities to make little mistakes and learn is admirable. Nice going. :bigok: (please don't take this as me being an ass, i'm not trying to say your work is crap right now, get what i mean?)

I definitely know what you mean :drink40:

Did you mess around with the tweeter placement before you picked that location? When you sit in the car with the door closed is it pointed at you? I usually like my tweeters on axis. It looks like you are learning fast on how to fiberglass. Keep it up. I look forward to more progress.

I didn't do any listening, I basically mounted them as high up on the door I could go, and pointed them towards me. I didn't want them to be way down near the bottom of the door, figured it would sound weird.

I know it looks like theres more space on the top of the door, but it all gets hidden when it's closed against the dash. Perhaps I could have mounted them a little higher and made them flush with the door, but for right now I'm trying not to cut up the door :attempt:

hey how about mounting the tweeters above the vent on the far driver side!! ;) or better yet inside the vent! just block the vent up stream! that way your door stays good and the tweeter will be hidden very nicely plus you could put the vent grill back on and then you can direct the sound to you!

LMAO it might work! you got to be creative when mounting stuff! heck then you could remove the air back and put the mid in there LOL JK

but i do like your first idea of where to put the mids maybe less of a drastic angle!

Well I finished the one tweeter pod. Had a hard time wrapping it in vinyl pleather without getting bumps, air pockets, and wrinkles. So I just painted it black, you can still see dimples here and there. :shrug:

2011-04-27_18-13-08_213.jpg

2011-04-27_18-12-45_233.jpg

2011-04-27_18-14-36_149.jpg

2011-04-27_18-14-14_18.jpg

2011-04-27_19-18-35_899.jpg

2011-04-28_06-14-34_309.jpg

2011-04-28_06-14-41_501.jpg

2011-04-28_06-14-49_164.jpg

wow impressive those turned out nicely! I like'em! have you figured out a way to anchor them to the door? duck tape? lol jk

coming right along, you'll be a 'glass master before you know it

I just figure my summer is about to start... Then I'll have all day everyday to try a lot of things, trial and error, and by the end of summer I should have something nice.

wow impressive those turned out nicely! I like'em! have you figured out a way to anchor them to the door? duck tape? lol jk

I have a bunch of small flathead nuts and bolts.

I'll probably use a bead of silicone to mount the tweeter in though :P

Glassing...mmm...so fun. Keep it going brah! :turkey:

I cant wait to start my front stage!!!!!

Edited by edouble101

Glassing...mmm...so fun. Keep it going brah! :turkey:

I cant wait to start my front stage!!!!!

Pretty dirty too! Covered in fiberglass dust, everything in the area I happen to touch, all tacky from resin :P

I got the heat advantage, everything dries quicker here