Infinite913

RamRod new build 2 18's *IAK*

Its Offical! We are going with a C-pillar wall! I will have the dimensions and design up a little later still under construction!

:woot::popcorn:

Those tweeters get loud man, Im liking that amp as well. Definitely waiting for the second install to begin :popcorn:

:popcorn: That amp looks tiny compared to the power it puts out.

x2. one small footprint. Lookin forward to the install

looks like you'll have a lot of fun with this. if you need help, i'm off class from March 14-18 and done mid may

Edited by Mtopper

x2. one small footprint. Lookin forward to the install

One small step for AMP One Giant Leap for BOOM!

ok, this is what it better look like when u build it!

And i'm not playin either.. u better have white and purple mdf or else it's gonna fail, lol

teamramrod.jpg

The purple underneath the front of the box is your vehicle's floor. I had drawn out the cabin area then drew the box within.

And remember, the 2 back corners are 4x4s. Titebond then into place on both the side and back wall and Poly Adhese them once the titebond is dried.

Build your 45s in front, and fill them in with foam.

to build this inside a vehicle, you will want to go out and buy a LOT of L brackets.

4,5, or 6" brackets is all fine. You just need something to keep a grip on things when waiting for the glue to dry.

Looking great. Looking forward to the bonkers output this thing will have.

us too..

It;s 20cuft net @36hz, port plugged @28hz.

The port in the pic is at 36hz at 365sqin of port!!!!!!!

it's taking 6-7 sheets of mdf to build.

To be honest I still dont see this being able to fit :S ... My box was sorta like that one, but I had it slanted in the back so it wouldnt hit the lower part of the roof in the back, and to not hit the back window.

if it doesn't fit, u can blame the OP for giving me the wrong dimensions...

This design rests above the wheel wells.

ALL side panels have been removed to gain maximum width.

The design will be anchored to a false floor between the wheel wells which is anchored to the vehicle's floor.

This design is as follows externally-

28" high

59.5" wide

36" deep

if it doesn't fit, u can blame the OP for giving me the wrong dimensions...

This design rests above the wheel wells.

ALL side panels have been removed to gain maximum width.

The design will be anchored to a false floor between the wheel wells which is anchored to the vehicle's floor.

This design is as follows externally-

28" high

59.5" wide

36" deep

Im not blaming you. hahaha :) but I dont think the 36" deep will work, I think the max to the back hatch is 33"... Im just saying I wouldnt want him to create a box and find out it doesnt work, especially 7 sheets of wood later.. :S.. And since I have built 3 different boxes for a Blazer (which is the same thing as this Jimmy) I really dont see that design working either :( Just too deep, and too wide..

u know he first told me 38" but the door wouldnt shut so he told me 36" to be safe.

He'll see this and it'll freak him out and go back out there and remeasure.. then call me on the phone..............................................again....

u know he first told me 38" but the door wouldnt shut so he told me 36" to be safe.

He'll see this and it'll freak him out and go back out there and remeasure.. then call me on the phone..............................................again....

Unless the year of his Jimmy is totally different then my Blazer and the design is bigger, then I would be totally wrong... but Im pretty positive that it wont work :S haha

wish I could get 36" depth in mine

OK ALL SMART @$$3$ I get it lol. It is 36" in depth on bottom of top of wheel well and then it goes to 28 on top. Thats why its the DESIGN and not the BUILD! A little tweaking it will work!

Looks tres' bon! :dancing:

Great inspiration here with this enclosure!! Can't wait to see it come together. :popcorn:

Got any tips on were to find that white and purple MDF? :lol2:

ok, this is what it better look like when u build it!And i'm not playin either.. u better have white and purple mdf or else it's gonna fail, lolteamramrod.jpgThe purple underneath the front of the box is your vehicle's floor. I had drawn out the cabin area then drew the box within.And remember, the 2 back corners are 4x4s. Titebond then into place on both the side and back wall and Poly Adhese them once the titebond is dried.Build your 45s in front, and fill them in with foam.to build this inside a vehicle, you will want to go out and buy a LOT of L brackets.4,5, or 6" brackets is all fine. You just need something to keep a grip on things when waiting for the glue to dry.

I say do some window bracing instead of those dowels. You got top and bottom panels too. With the low ass tuning and the CD you made them, its going to be flexing like nuts and I don't think those dowels are going to be good enough. ;)

OR more dowels lol.

OK ALL SMART @$$3$ I get it lol. It is 36" in depth on bottom of top of wheel well and then it goes to 28 on top. Thats why its the DESIGN and not the BUILD! A little tweaking it will work!

So now Shizzzon has to redesign it? :eek5wavey: Shoulda gotten measurements right the first time. But definitely lucky that you didn't build it yet.

Sounds like you would've been better off rollin it down to Ky for shizzz to do all the measuring for you bro :peepwall: I have faith that you'll get it worked out eventually :drink40: I'll be waiting and watching :popcorn:

OK, this IS the new measured design...

teamramrod-1.jpg

Now, all u have to worry about is finding that purple MDF to go inside of that left port, lol.

Box is as follows-

2 18" ZCons

14.0cuft NET @31hz

182sqin of port

Bracing out the ASS.

There will be more bracing that what's in the pic but pointless to draw as it's been discussed over the phone...

Also, if you want, u may want to build a structure on the back of the wall out of 2x4s since u will have PLENTY of room behind it with this new design if it wants to start flexing like crazy.

:attempt: :attempt: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

box plan looks solid.

That's a lotta' smilies.