Sign in to follow this  
lucky288

Need help 2 12s

Hey ok people i need some help i just got my first audio set up in my life i was given 2 IA DR 12s and i have never heard of this audio so im so confused... so if anyone can please help me i need to build a box for 2 12s in the back of a eclipse hatch back and what kind of amp are amps should i run? should i face the subs towards the hatch are facing the back of the car.. and are the dr series any good ... i know nothing about any of this and so glad i found this forum so please please help me guys ***

*** new and confused***

Hey ok people i need some help i just got my first audio set up in my life i was given 2 IA DR 12s and i have never heard of this audio so im so confused... so if anyone can please help me i need to build a box for 2 12s in the back of a eclipse hatch back and what kind of amp are amps should i run? should i face the subs towards the hatch are facing the back of the car.. and are the dr series any good ... i know nothing about any of this and so glad i found this forum so please please help me guys ***

*** new and confused***

For building a box check out IA's recommend enclosure sizes here.

Those are very nice subwooders. I would face the subwoofers back towards the rear or up.

:WELCOME:

Thanks so that will fit 2 12s? i have never in my life built a 12 the only systeam i ever had was a kicker L7 and now i got 2 12s i know nothign about and no one i know knows anything about them but one friend and he said they suck ass... so i almost just gave them away can somone inform me about the death row series 12s?

Thanks so that will fit 2 12s? i have never in my life built a 12 the only systeam i ever had was a kicker L7 and now i got 2 12s i know nothign about and no one i know knows anything about them but one friend and he said they suck ass... so i almost just gave them away can somone inform me about the death row series 12s?

If you bought those subs brand new it would cost over $600 before shipping. If you build or have a box built. Make it 4-5 cubic feet tuned to 35hz. Subs facing up and port facing back.

Build the box to the requirments and face them into the cab of the car.

It wont suck ass it will blow his ass away!

http://www.incrimina...ge=2&product=19 Very nice subwoofers, your friend is ignorant.

X2

So many uneducated people are ready to bash anything that can't be bought at major stores like Best Buy. If your friend has no direct, hands on experience with those subs then tell him to STFU, plain and simple. You've got yourself the deal of a lifetime getting those handed to you like that. Even if they were only 187's you'd still have a very nice set of subs. Do yourself a favor, listen to the tips you get here. Save some money, buy yourself a good quality amp to drive those with, upgrade your electrical accordingly, build or have built an enclosure that matches the manufacturers specs and enjoy blowin' your friends out of the water, lol. :drink40:

Oh, and :WELCOME: to the Forum!

thanks so much i cant wait to hook them up my friend is like my 2 kicker L7s will eat your inbullshiter death rows up and now im reading this wow did not know what i had... *Thanks unckle mike* anyways ok so i got the box... idea.. now i need a amp idea like should i run a second battery and a high power alternator

So here is the question

i have 2 IC DR 12s going in the back of a 2008 eclipse ... what do i need to buy to make this systeam eat the L7 12s for lunch....what ever you guys tell me i will buy and i will post pics as i slowly build my own dream audio

thanks so much i cant wait to hook them up my friend is like my 2 kicker L7s will eat your inbullshiter death rows up and now im reading this wow did not know what i had... *Thanks unckle mike* anyways ok so i got the box... idea.. now i need a amp idea like should i run a second battery and a high power alternator

So here is the question

i have 2 IC DR 12s going in the back of a 2008 eclipse ... what do i need to buy to make this systeam eat the L7 12s for lunch....what ever you guys tell me i will buy and i will post pics as i slowly build my own dream audio

Do you know if they are dual 1ohm or dual2 ohm?

:WELCOME:

So here is the question

Do you know if they are dual 1ohm or dual2 ohm?

Duel 1 oam

since you have two dual 1ohm speakers. You will want an amp that runs at 1 ohm. Those subs are rated at 1000wrms a piece. So if you find an amp that does 1500-2000wrms @ 1ohm that would be good. I would suggest the Sundown Saz1500d.

Incriminator Audio 20.1, Sundown saz1500D or 2000D, Audioque 2200 come to mind.

Incriminator Audio 20.1, Sundown saz1500D or 2000D, Audioque 2200 come to mind.

with any one of these amps the IA's will pound. build the box right and you might be running your friends out of your ride in hatch with that much power. dont wanna get your hopes up but you should def be out doing the L7s unless he has gobs and gobs of power.

but those IA subs you got, they are awesome subs and wouldnt give em up for just anything... lol. i havent heard them personally, just from the reviews ive read and the L7s i have heard i can only imagine.

good luck with the search and box!

If your on a budget, look at an audiopipe Ap15001d or ap18001d. They put out rated power, and are cheap.

I am running a Audio Que 2200 to 2 simular subs and it works great.