Sign in to follow this  
lonelyprince24

what BTL should i get and how much are they

I have a 2010 Dodge Nitro. Right now i am running two 12'' dvc 4 ohm L7s with a 2500.1 kicker amp- so 4ohm load. Now it only puts out 1250 @ 4 ohms and 2500@ 2, but it slams them pretty hard- they are 750 rms. Now i do mostly listen to rap music or techno so i like the thump thump thump thump. I am very curious about the BTLs and was wondering if they are capable of slamming harder than the L7s. I was thinking about going with one 12" considering my amp is 2500 @ 2. I need help deciding and i really want to be a believer in Fi cuz all the videos i saw on you tube amazed me. I am more curious on prices of these subs, i know they all have options you can customize. So i want as much out of one sub as possible, maybe two depending on price. I was also looking into a jlw7, but am intrigued by the Fi cuz ive never heard it in person. Hope im not being to vague. Ive read on here that the n3 is the way to go for everyday eventhough they state its only spl. Is that correct or is ther a different btl i should go with. I guess it doesnt have to be a BTL just heard they were the thing to get. I love vegas go there at least 5 time a year- from wisconsin, so im hoping i am as pleased with these subs as i am when i visit. Thank You in advance for your help.

Welcome to SSA. How is your voltage drop with that amp already? Go with the N2, the N3 is SPL only so the "daily" listening wont tend to be as good. You will need a d1 and wire it to 2 ohms.

Will it be louder than the two L7s...who knows? You will find out after the installation.

For Prices check out Ficaraudio.com.

Check the tech section on the website for options details. Or Fitechtube on Youtube where they explain each option in video form.

I would consider going with 2 12 BL's. So you will have similar cone area as before.

And they will handle 1250rms easily.

The BTL N2 is a good option, the drop in cone area but increase in power should give similar output to what you have now. If not louder.

Also, I hope you know you can't run BTL or BL in a sealed enclosure. If you want to go sealed you need to look more into the Q line.

Welcome to SSA. How is your voltage drop with that amp already? Go with the N2, the N3 is SPL only so the "daily" listening wont tend to be as good. You will need a d1 and wire it to 2 ohms.

Will it be louder than the two L7s...who knows? You will find out after the installation.

Thanks for the quick response- yeah i know the N3 is a spl. i was just reading in this forum two guys talking about it "technically" not suppose to be for everyday play but is fine to do so. I may be incorrect. I was looking into the N2. Dont know what my voltage drop is but right now i barely get any light dimming. what is a D1? Sorry if i am a rookie on this.

Check the tech section on the website for options details. Or Fitechtube on Youtube where they explain each option in video form.

I would consider going with 2 12 BL's. So you will have similar cone area as before.

And they will handle 1250rms easily.

The BTL N2 is a good option, the drop in cone area but increase in power should give similar output to what you have now. If not louder.

Also, I hope you know you can't run BTL or BL in a sealed enclosure. If you want to go sealed you need to look more into the Q line

So two bls will sond better than 1 btl?

Edited by lonelyprince24

D1 is a dual 1 ohm voice coil. Btw I cannot be certain, nor can anyone else, that one Btl 12 will have more output than the two L7s. Therefore, you would be better off going with two Bl 12s which, in the right enclosure, will have more output than your L7s.

What sort of enclosure do you have those L7s in?

And they will handle 1250rms easily. Yeah, They'll Laugh At That....

Also, I hope you know you can't run BTL or BL in a sealed enclosure. If you want to go sealed you need to look more into the Q line

So two bls will sond better than 1 btl?

You Have Much To Learn, Young Bassawan. I Second The Two BL's Or A Single 15" BTL N2.

Last Thing You're Going To Be Thinking About Mentioning These Particular Drivers Is How Good They Sound, They Do Sound Good If In The Proper Enclosure On Proper Power, But You're Going For Output. Don't Worry, Everything About A BTL Is Tenfold Better Than An L7, The SSD In My Honest Opinion Is The L7's Fair Competition.

Of Course, This Is Just Generalizing The Fact That You Won't Put This Made-In-The-U.S.A.-Hand-Built-Gift-From-God-And-Not-A-Chinese-Assembly-Line-Turd In A Prefab Box And Clip The Horsepiss Out Of It..... I Really Need A Cigarette.

SSA zcon? :fing34::peepwall:

You Damn Company Man... :lol2::ehh:

I like the 2 bl's idea.

Going from 2 L7 (good and loud subs) to one btl may not be louder (what do I know ??!!!lol).

Tell us more about the space you have for the box.

Focus on the box first, then the sub(s). Find what box would be better for your car : size, port firing,...)

When i had my bl's in my trunk it got loud and low.

SSA zcon? :fing34::peepwall:

You Damn Company Man... :lol2::ehh:

Haha i am switching from DC to SSA. So i am just kidding but at the same time, i am serious lol

I like the 2 bl's idea.

Going from 2 L7 (good and loud subs) to one btl may not be louder (what do I know ??!!!lol).

Tell us more about the space you have for the box.

Focus on the box first, then the sub(s). Find what box would be better for your car : size, port firing,...)

i have the whole back of my nitro- so a great deal of space- specifics? id have to measure. but theres plenty of room.