On3Hundr3dProof

'10 Nissan Frontier / SA-8s

Damn that 8 didnt last long. Sorry to hear about that Bro.

Make sure you set your gains right next time so you dont have to go bass/less.

Was the voice coil burnt? spiders / tinsel leads torn?

got my m class 6.5's in the mail today :dancing:

040511_14471.jpg

sub gets here monday..think im developing a twitch...

That's normal. :D

That's normal. :D

:roflmao:

got the SA-8 back today and put it in. also got my Alpine KTP-445 and put it in. gonna be putting in the 6.5s and 6x9s this week. :woot::woot:

Did you ever find out what was wrong with the one that blew, so it doesn't happen again? Double check all your settings, and post up what you have everything set at if you need a couple different eyes to see if/what the glitch was.

Looks good, those 8s look so damn beefy.. :drink40:

Don't leave us hanging man, need some updates on this. Did you get ant info on the sub checking out?? How bout the mids and highs? Did you get them installed? How do the sound?? So many questions needing to be answered. I :wub: my SA-8's!!

sorry guys been busy with work recently. didnt really figure out what was wrong with my blown sa-8 but i went back and tuned my ssf and i havent had any problems with it. go my mids/highs in theyre on an alpine ktp-445 power pack. its pretty handy and puts out 45w x4. wanna get something a little beefier later on but right now the truck sounds pretty good mclass coaxials sound really clean and way better than stock was. i gotta take a trip in june so im not able to put any more money into my truck right now and when i get back im probably gonna put some new equipment in the wifeys 99 grand prix. i love my SA-8s though, really dont wanna upgrade to a diff sub just wanna add 2 more in the future. i have one extra SA-8 sitting in the house right now and im gonna do the big 3, add a battery and either get another SAZ-1000d and strap them or get a crescendo bc2000. right now my truck has a 110a alt and i think it runs 70a at idle i just dunno if the big 3 and another batt would do me on about 2000 watts or if i need a new alt. the only alt i can find right now is a dc power 250a alt though. still gonna be a while before i put new stuff in but any input would be appreciated.

sorry guys been busy with work recently. didnt really figure out what was wrong with my blown sa-8 but i went back and tuned my ssf and i havent had any problems with it. go my mids/highs in theyre on an alpine ktp-445 power pack. its pretty handy and puts out 45w x4. wanna get something a little beefier later on but right now the truck sounds pretty good mclass coaxials sound really clean and way better than stock was. i gotta take a trip in june so im not able to put any more money into my truck right now and when i get back im probably gonna put some new equipment in the wifeys 99 grand prix. i love my SA-8s though, really dont wanna upgrade to a diff sub just wanna add 2 more in the future. i have one extra SA-8 sitting in the house right now and im gonna do the big 3, add a battery and either get another SAZ-1000d and strap them or get a crescendo bc2000. right now my truck has a 110a alt and i think it runs 70a at idle i just dunno if the big 3 and another batt would do me on about 2000 watts or if i need a new alt. the only alt i can find right now is a dc power 250a alt though. still gonna be a while before i put new stuff in but any input would be appreciated.

When you decide to upgrade your amp for your front stage, may want to take a look at this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29982_VIBE-Audio-LiteBox-Stereo-2-LiteBox2.html

They also make it in a 4channel, their super small :)

the size of my front stage amp isnt gonna be a big deal when i get my other 2 SA-8s in and their 4 channel runs 90w x4 which might be a little more than i need. might look into it though. looking at something like a Memphis mc4.75 or soundstream dtr4.500 cause the tower style would probably work very well with my box.

so when i had my box built he guy that built it did really good work on the box itself but for some reason only gave me one set of terminals so i came up with the idea of inverting my subs so i can wire them better and give them what they deserve. any cons of doing this with the box i have?

Nice sub choice, i have (2) Sa-8's as well, their just sitting next to my bed for now, i go dry hump them every now nd then, just waiting on money for my amp, im so strapped for cash, i want a Sundown 1200d, but if i cant get the cash im jus gonna get the AQ 1200, im still baffled how your sa-8 blew with just a 1000d? anyways, nice stuff

thanks. i have a third sa-8 next to my bed too actually lol.

first vid! taken with a phone so the quality isnt amazing but the flex is pretty nice for 2 8's.

Edited by On3Hundr3dProof

Looks good!! Love my SA-8's!!!

thanks! dunno what im gonna upgrade to in the future. looking at 2 18" Fi Q's or BL's or expanding to 4-5 SA-8s.

just got the big 3 done today :morepower1: . try to post pics when i can.

I'm a Nissan fan, your truck is come along nicely!! keep up the good work...

Edited by Mason858

just got the big 3 done today :morepower1: . try to post pics when i can.

Were's the pics?? :ughdunno:

Update: starting on the pieces for my new build. Ordered a dc 270 xp and picked up my new drivers..2 Memphis MOJO cm15d4's

post-13570-0-48722300-1349562099_thumb.j

Went with the mojo i see. Never heard them before

yep. alt shipped out yesterday got my enclosure build in the works gotta get the rest of my electrical done then ill be looking for a 3.5k amp.

Xs power i-bar i put in this weekend for my future electrical upgrades.