25 members have voted

1. 1. which sub is better for what i want?

• RE audio sx 15 in ported box (brand new)
    • Sundown audio sa 15 no box new
    • kicker L7 15 no box new
    • 1 12" incrimator DR series new
    • TC sounds LMS-R 12 new

well guys, i must say i went with the 15" l7. i got it still under a warrenty for 6 more months with no box for 200. my local shop had a box that i could sware was built just for my truck. it is 49" long and about 10" deep and is PERFECT for my cab. its about 5.0CF ported and tuned to 33Hz and i picked that up for 50. so i spent 250 on a sub and box and it blurs my vision. if i didnt get the good deal on that sub and box, i would have went with the SA 15 but iv been around kicker since day one of car audio for me and i know what there all about. if u put ANY of there subs (except the cvt) in a huge ported box, they get loud and the sound quality isnt all that bad which really surprised me. Thanks for all the inputs guy's, i appreciate it :thanx:

Edited by Lantz

well guys, i must say i went with the 15" l7. i got it still under a warrenty for 6 more months with no box for 200. my local shop had a box that i could sware was built just for my truck. it is 49" long and about 10" deep and is PERFECT for my cab. its about 5.0CF ported and tuned to 33Hz and i picked that up for 50. so i spent 250 on a sub and box and it blurs my vision. if i didnt get the good deal on that sub and box, i would have went with the SA 15 but iv been around kicker since day one of car audio for me and i know what there all about. if u put ANY of there subs (except the cvt) in a huge ported box, they get loud and the sound quality isnt all that bad which really surprised me. Thanks for all the inputs guy's, i appreciate it :thanx:

I've got an L7 as well and it definitely will get loud. Raising the tuning will even help if you end up wanting more ;)

good choice finally. Cheap but good !

In a huge ported box, this sub should be really loud, very loud !

show us some pictures of your system in your car, please !

Here are a few pic's i just took.....( if im putting the pic's in the wrong thread just say so, dont start yelling at me about being in the wrong fourm)

longterm3.jpg

longterm4.jpg

longterm1.jpg

longterm6.jpg

Edited by Lantz

id look into FI's lineup they have some pretty decent prices on there subs, and they are pretty good as far as SQ and SPL goes+great customer service FTW

id look into FI's lineup they have some pretty decent prices on there subs, and they are pretty good as far as SQ and SPL goes+great customer service FTW

I had a 18" fi btl. I loved it but in my current situation I wanted a brand new sub and the 15" fi btl was out of my price range.

Glad you found something you like.

Looks nice :fing34:

Looks Awesome bro !!! I wish I could hear it ...