Jd377

Jd377 97 Civic HB Build Log

Some random pics I took of my car in the fall, Just so you kinda get an idea of what it is this is all in.. ( not sayin my car is clean inside or out, they are just random )

Tinted TailLights

dsc02930e.jpg

dsc02929hu.jpg

dsc02900z.jpg

(This was during speaker install.. The random wires are for led's they were on the dual speakers.. decided they were dumb and took off wires.. too much of a pain (made speakers glow blue )

dsc02902m.jpg

Old Voltmeter ( Just install digital stinger the other day )

dsc02903n.jpg

dsc08465r.jpg

Edited by Jd377

It's actually just wire from a memphis set I got at my local audio shop. I go there all the time so the guy gave me like $10 off that pack which included an anl fuse holder and it ended up cheaper than I could have bought everything separately at the price he gave it to me for. :)

Good deal :fing34:

Tail lights look good.

Thanks :) did em myself woot! I usually do stuff with friends over but those I actually risked it and went all out one day and they turned out surprisingly well.

Here's some pics from when I did my big 3 upgrade:

( Now these are all wired to my new Kinetik HC 1400r Battery up front )

dsc08464.jpg

dsc08463.jpg

dsc08462b.jpg

dsc08461j.jpg

dsc08460.jpg

dsc08459q.jpg

Edit.. Here i'll repost some of the new battery pics in full size now for the "now" look.

120qh.jpg

126whe.jpg

Edited by Jd377

Lol, alright. I guess it will just have to play on the 1200 until I get money for a 2,000-2,500 watt amp. ( plus I think the 1200 might put out over 1200 with good voltage.. so maybe since im gettin a new alt first that will boost the voltage and amp power anyway until I can afford the next amp :) I Just need that xcon so bad, I can't wait to blow the crap outta my civic!! this wimpy 18" ssd already tortures my civic but man the xcon hahahaha I cant wait :morepower1:

Everything is lookin' good. :drink40:

As far as power for the 18, depending on the coils on the sub you could always get another 1200 to strap and that will give you 2160 watts @ 2ohm load. Just a thought.

Here's some pics of the sub in the box we built.. We have never had time to finish it up.. it was 3-4am when we "finished" but we have never had time since it became winter.. He messed up one piece of wood when he cut it.. no big deal, not hardly noticeable, we just had to fit it diff. then we planned but still works great. Should have double baffled, it freakin destroys the box as is LOL.

First box i've ever build so Those are the things you learn from doing it and I will know how to do it better next time :)!!

EDIT!! BTW: Box is more complex than it looks.. The back is angled to the angle of the seats, and also there is almost like a "mini box" on the bottom, we made it to fit down into my spare tire compartment, so there is this little box like thing connected to the upper part to add more ft cubed to my box! thats why it isnt so perfect like a normal easy rectangular box!! just fyi

dsc08469r.jpg

dsc08468o.jpg

dsc08467m.jpg

dsc08466ip.jpg

Edited by Jd377

Also here are some quick vids I took one day, I was in a hurry so nothing special.. and yes I have a retarded curtain in my back window.. Cant afford to tint it, and someone busted my rear window out and stole my old amp about 2 months before I got this setup.. so i did it for when its sittin at work parked for hours, I close it.. SCREW HATERS!! I know its ugly but IDC so ignore the curtain, I will tint it and remove the gay curtain LOL.

Also keep in mind, It doesn't sound that crappy, There is not any rattling of the box or anything.. It's just my digital camera that I take my vids with isn't amazing :)

Edited by Jd377

Always loved those dang HBs.... :attempt:

Yeah bro, HB's also make this setup sound so LOUD, I get some pretty good reactions out of people when I demo it to friends and random's lol, and it's only an ssd. People jump cuz they arent expecting so much. I think bein a hb helps a lot tbh :)

I'm trying to get me some more output... Only running 500w to this 12" as it is... So far I can manage vibrating shyt in the house and making my trunk lid all crazy...

Really hope to pick up a crescendo bc2000 or bc3500 maybe... :peepwall:

FINALLY!!!!!!!

I just placed my order for my DC Power 210a Pro Series Alt :)!! Now the wait begins and then I get to finally go full tilt with no worries!!

DC Power ftmfw! Enjoy brah

:)!! My DC Alt Just shipped out Yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Is Expected to arrive TOMORROW! (Friday)!!

I will def. Post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I hope I have time to install it this weekend, I work sat & Sun...

Btw: DC Power ROCKS!! My alt shipped 4 days after I placed the order, That is freakin fast! And 2nd day delivery Rocks. If anyone is concerned about wait time.. There is no wait time.

Edited by Jd377

Decide yet if you're going to put it in yourself, or take it to a shop?

Box came out great, love the vids :drink40:

Tomorrow is :morepower1: day!!!

Finally it's HERE!!! :morepower1:

PICS!!! :

dsc08965p.jpg

dsc08966e.jpg

dsc08968c.jpg

dsc08970d.jpg

dsc08971e.jpg

dsc08973y.jpg

dsc08974bv.jpg

dsc08975i.jpg

dsc08976b.jpg

dsc08978d.jpg

dsc08979m.jpg

dsc08981b.jpg

dsc08982x.jpg

dsc08983x.jpg

dsc08984z.jpg

dsc08985.jpg

And yes my Friend's dad is suppose to install it for me for free, not sure when but at least it's FREE! and if he doesn't have time in the next week i'll get my other friends to help me cuz they know loads about cars and he this kid has a shop with his dad so they have every tool pretty much ever, lol.

Sweet, wish I had friends with shops :P

:woot: :woot:

You do, were just a little far apart.

Awesome Alt by the way!! :morepower1:

Well it isn't a car shop, It's a sign shop/vinyl, But its only him and his dad that run the whole thing.. He makes tons of signs for all sorts of businesses ( even some for the kc royals ( Major League Baseball team.. ) ) and He did all the vinyl graphics for all the Police cars in our city which is legit, But they still have basically every tool in order to make the )signs and stuff so.. and they just know a ton about cars cuz 2 of our other friends are in school for automotive stuff atm. But it works out nice having a place to work on all of our cars ( that is where I built the box too.)

You do, were just a little far apart.Awesome Alt by the way!! :morepower1:

Thanks, haha just a tad :P Always good to know people across the state though, never know :drink40:

Well it isn't a car shop, It's a sign shop/vinyl, But its only him and his dad that run the whole thing.. He makes tons of signs for all sorts of businesses ( even some for the kc royals ( Major League Baseball team.. ) ) and He did all the vinyl graphics for all the Police cars in our city which is legit, But they still have basically every tool in order to make the )signs and stuff so.. and they just know a ton about cars cuz 2 of our other friends are in school for automotive stuff atm. But it works out nice having a place to work on all of our cars ( that is where I built the box too.)

Good deal :D

Still haven't got the alt installed.. But as soon as I do, that is the end of this build. I am going to start saving for my next big thing after the alt is put in.

Now that i'll have my 18" ssd, box, 2 kinetik batts, and a dc alt in i will finally be able to enjoy my daily drives and means I am finally, FINALLY ready to save for my next car. I just hope my little civic lasts me long enough til I get it.

My savings atm = $50... yes Fifty dollars.. But as of now I am saving for my dream car ( well my realistic dream car.. one that is actually hopefully possible to attain ) The Nissan 350z :) Idc what anyone posts, This has been the car I have wanted for the last.. well as soon as I started learning about cars, this was the first and only car I have ever wanted. So.. Since they cost SO much I will be holding off on ALL upgrades to save like a madman for the 350z!!! I'll most likely get a used one between 9-13k because that's all I will be able to afford in 1-2yrs of saving.. I hope I can get her that quick omg I want her SOOOO bad!

Anyone else poor and have tips on how you got yourself a nice car?.. from cheapo to sporty in 1-2yrs?.. I need help figuring out how I am going to do this fast. I dont like car payments but I assume most of you get car payments?.. I guess if I have to get a loan.. :( but I want her as soon as possible with a downpayment of 1/2 or more!

..I only make $8.25 an hour usually 20-25hrs a week. Am I just supposed to work like a slave and beg for hours and try to get like 30-39hrs while doin college or what LOL Do you guys in college work your butt off to get a car you love? it seems hard to work over 25hrs while in college full time

Edited by Jd377

Patience is a virtue. Don't overdue yourself, stress is never a good thing. Take it a bit at a time and what you want will come.