UpGradde

SickNasty lil car build

You did a super clean job on the doors! I will definetly tune in for the finished product. Good luck getting in the 150 club.:drink40:

Good News, got the passenger door done! Bolted down, this door alone has more output than my whole previous soundstage (Hertz HSK 165 in IB), very pleased. I still need to do something about that primered power window switch.

img3457large.jpg

img3461large.jpg

img3462large.jpg

Bad news...thieves. Not at my place, but at my moms. Apartment complex's ftl. Heard an alarm, sounded like mine so I went out to find this. I guess the alarm scared him off, as nothing was missing. :fing34:

img3428large.jpg

img3433large.jpg

img3448large.jpg

Doors turned out awesome :drink40:

^Posted at same time as above post.

Sorry to hear about your shit being broken into. Looks like they did a number near the lock. Hopefully insurance will take care of you.

:suicide-santa: F**k thieves. Sorry bro. Door looks good, keep your head up.

fuckin idiots dont even know how to break into a car. same with the arsehos that tried to break into mine. i would of given them my stereo before i let them do all that body damage.

Great work on the doors!! Sorry bout BS. :(

Hopefully you have comp coverage on your insurance. Your doors look great and I like your choice of project car.

Exactly! Wtf do they think they are going to achieve by prying the handle bar off?! Idiots! I guess he gave up and just broke the window. I would have given him two nice broken knee caps if I would have caught him. But the thing is, I wasn't even angry... Knowing all the interior and audio gear was intact made me realize what could have been... I had full coverage but took it off at the beginning of the year, got too expensive. I plan on reinstating that real soon lol.

Bummer bro. :( I've had some sh!t stolen before. It sux. Sux real bad.

Finally got the car metered yesterday, this is what it did (second score was taken in the port)! The mic was on the passenger side kickpanel, outlaw. Port tuned at 36.5hz, playing a 40hz test tone. Does a 150 flat at the headrests. These subs sound so clean on music! LOVE THEM! :suicide-santa: Heading out to San Antonio tomorrow morning for the Texas Heatwave. Lets see if I can hit higher... :peepwall:

img4166large.jpg

img4164large.jpg

img4177large.jpg

img4179large.jpg

Damn! That is a nice score man!!!! Congrats!!!

One question. How did you get the transition from the fiberglass to the door plastic (area where staples are) so smooth?

So I placed 1st in Trunk 0-1000 with a 151.8! Score keeps getting better and better.

Here's the final part of the bikini contest I recorded in San antonio today for anyone that wants to see some booty shakin.

edit - edouble, I just stapled the cloth onto the door, cut off the excess cloth, then fiberglasses the whole area (Door plastic AND cloth) 2-3 times. Then some sanding with 180, then a weee bit of bondo over the low spots, more sanding, more bondo, more sanding lol... just working with it to get that smooth finish.

Edited by UpGradde

Meh. :\

Just kidding. Impressive score. A force to be reckoned with. :o

Great score !

Good compliment to the great work on the whole install :neil:

So I placed 1st in Trunk 0-1000 with a 151.8! Score keeps getting better and better.

Here's the final part of the bikini contest I recorded in San antonio today for anyone that wants to see some booty shakin.

edit - edouble, I just stapled the cloth onto the door, cut off the excess cloth, then fiberglasses the whole area (Door plastic AND cloth) 2-3 times. Then some sanding with 180, then a weee bit of bondo over the low spots, more sanding, more bondo, more sanding lol... just working with it to get that smooth finish.

Awesome score and video!

I read that fiberglass doesn't stick to plastic.... Did you pre drill holes in the plastic?

Thanks Adrian! Couldn't have got the score without those flares! Can't thank you enough.

Hugo, I am actually redesigning the box a bit, and tweaking some "things" lol... hope to break a 153 by heatwave...

edouble, I read that somewhere too, I just sanded the whole door panel with 80 grit until it was real rough...so far its held up. Meh, if I were to do it again, i would probably drill some holes just for the extra piece of mind. But I think it'll be just fine. :peepwall:

I seen your picture for a long time, i was wondering when i was going to run across more pictures. I love the paint, almost shit my pants when i seen what those fucks did to your car... man i would have FREAKED!

When you get full coverage make sure they cover your paint, because i talked to some companies and they only cover so much, like with my truck.. i'm fucked because if i get hit they will only cover THAT panel.. no point in having chameleon paint if it doesn't flip together.