poundindak69

just a little overboard on this build

Are you running your speakers off the HU power?? If so you will see a lot of improvement there!

yes i am, and i dont have any idea were to really start with speakers, would i be able to just hook up the amp and then run the speakers i have now? what confuses me the most is the active passive stuff.

Powering speakers passive means that the signal going to the speakers from the amplifier has to pass through a crossover first. You can have a full range signal going into to the amplifier and a full range signal coming out of the amplifier and crossovers packaged with the component set will divide the frequencies for the speakers. Commonly when you buy a two way or three way component set they are packaged with crossovers. This is the most common method when adding a component set. It works well and sounds good.

Passive component set

p_01z_pioneer_premier_ts_c720prs_pioneer_passive_crossover_network.jpg

CAVX+Passive+Speaker+Diagram.gif

Powering speakers active means that the signal coming out of the amplifier is already crossed over (signal is divided for the speaker being used). So this means that the speaker you are powering is directly wired to the amplifier without a crossover in between the two. Some people buy amplifiers that have the crossover circuitry in the amplifier. Other people buy separate crossovers or signal processors that divide the signal then the signal goes to the amplifier. When running active you can choose to use speakers from multiple manufactuers and an assortment of other options are available that you do not have with a passive system.

CAVX+Active+Speaker+Diagram.gif

Speaker selection and crossover frequency points can be difficult when running active. Using a passive component set can be easy and for most people they are very pleased. For your first setup of this multitude running a passive soundstage would probably be your best bet :)

thank you very much for the info, helped clear all my wrongs thoughts on that stuff, lol. and ill run them passive as the speakers im using have crossovers with them.

just picked up a SAZ-3500d!!!!! cant wait for it to get here.

Congrats. Now step up that electrical.

oh thats the next step :) :), will probably run the 3500 turned down for a little until i get everything i need, then let them see some real power :).

i would like to find one or two more sprinter batteries like the one i have so i dont have to change that one out. and do you think id be fine with a stock 130 amp alt at this moment with 3 batteries on it and 1/0 everywhere?

Edited by lil98cabrio

oh thats the next step :) :), will probably run the 3500 turned down for a little until i get everything i need, then let them see some real power :).

i would like to find one or two more sprinter batteries like the one i have so i dont have to change that one out. and do you think id be fine with a stock 130 amp alt at this moment with 3 batteries on it and 1/0 everywhere?

Hard to tell. All you can do is hook her up and monitor your voltage.

You might only need two batteries btw. One for starting and one mounted near your amps. Batteries wired in parallel, same make/model I assume. The reason I say only two batteries is because batteries can be counter productive in this situation. A depleted battery or a battery that needs a charge will be an additional load on the alternator. You might see a voltage drop and assume your amplifier(s) or installation is the culprit but it could be too many batteries loading on your alternator.

Check out this video

Hard to tell. All you can do is hook her up and monitor your voltage.

You might only need two batteries btw. One for starting and one mounted near your amps. Batteries wired in parallel, same make/model I assume. The reason I say only two batteries is because batteries can be counter productive in this situation. A depleted battery or a battery that needs a charge will be an additional load on the alternator. You might see a voltage drop and assume your amplifier(s) or installation is the culprit but it could be too many batteries loading on your alternator.

Check out this video

thanks man for the tips and the link. i guess ill see what happens.

Every vehicle is different. My last vehicle had a 160amp alternator a group 27 interstate battery and a xs power d1200. Big three and all other wiring were 1/0 gauge. I could run at full tilt with the Sundown 3500 for about 10 minutes before voltage drop. This is just an example. I am not saying your vehicle will do this.

Every vehicle is different. My last vehicle had a 160amp alternator a group 27 interstate battery and a xs power d1200. Big three and all other wiring were 1/0 gauge. I could run at full tilt with the Sundown 3500 for about 10 minutes before voltage drop. This is just an example. I am not saying your vehicle will do this.

yeah i know what you are saying. im gunna get the big three finished then maybe pick up a new battery for the front then see were i sit. and after that ill upgrade as needed.

thinking about picking up enough wire to do the big 3 this week before the amp gets here :) might have some pics up. would i be good i used the 4ga i have laying in my truck for the big 3? i possibly could double up on it on every part if needed cause that save me some money at the moment. and should work on grounds in the back also. then well have :morepower1:

ok im still debating on the alt or battery thing. i plugged my dmm today to watch my voltage of the system. when im driving down the road with everything off my voltage sits at 14.6-14.8 and with it playing tilt it dips down to around 13.4, but when im sittin still i get dips in the 12's. so what i wanting to know is if i need a battery or an alt??

since my saz3500 is on the way to your house, you will most likely need an alt plus a couple batts... and btw, afer u get the 3500, can you ship the 1200 ASAP? my buddy needs it for his Q's after they get reconed.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

since my saz3500 is on the way to your house, you will most likely need an alt plus a couple batts... and btw, afer u get the 3500, can you ship the 1200 ASAP? my buddy needs it for his Q's after they get reconed.

yeah i think im gunna see were i get by upgrading batteries first then go form there, lol. caouse it holds pretty steady while driving. and yeah ill get it out most likely the next day.

::woot::dancing::fing34:

Sexy gut pics!

My buddy is already excited about the 1200. Lol

Sending out tomorro right? ;) glad it got there safe.

::woot::dancing::fing34:

Sexy gut pics!

My buddy is already excited about the 1200. Lol

Sending out tomorro right? ;) glad it got there safe.

haha thanks wanna get better one when i get home again but there the best i can get with my phone :)

and hopefully but will let you know.

ok so i went out and hooked her up :) i am in love!!!! but really need to my electrical together to hold this beast!!!! will get a pic of it installed in a sec.