poundindak69

just a little overboard on this build

looks good, how do you like that battery?

very nice start!! Might I suggest putting a radius around the outside of those ports!! just use a router bit, us a 1/2 or 3/4 radius bit and if you don't have one don't worry about it!

and i love how you tossed out the back seats! lol yep don't need those I have a stereo system now! lol!

was going to but couldnt find my roundover bit for the router :(

Gotta get some steel and L brackets and secure that battery down, that string won't do shit if your in an accident.

I like how you used that wood to make the floor level, super simple, yet I don't think I would have ever thought about that :P

going to get my brother to fab some up at work for me so thatll be fixed in the next couple of days. :)

and yeah it seem like the only way to be able to easy sucure the box to the truck.

looks good, how do you like that battery?

battery is good when you have it on an electrical that can charge it.

WP_000141.jpg

Your build isn't lookin bad at all! The work on the box is fantastic and the output of the XCON's is going to surprise you on that SAE-1200.

My only problem is with your ground there ^^^. First rule is the paint needs to be removed under any ground, but you should really look into grounding down on a heavier point on the floor of the cab, or take the ground through a hole straight to the frame of the truck. Grounds are the most important connection on an amplifier, the better the ground the better it will perform.

Keep up the great work!!

Did you make your own terminals, as well? :drink40: :drink40:

WP_000141.jpg

Your build isn't lookin bad at all! The work on the box is fantastic and the output of the XCON's is going to surprise you on that SAE-1200.

My only problem is with your ground there ^^^. First rule is the paint needs to be removed under any ground, but you should really look into grounding down on a heavier point on the floor of the cab, or take the ground through a hole straight to the frame of the truck. Grounds are the most important connection on an amplifier, the better the ground the better it will perform.

Keep up the great work!!

thank you very much on the head up, i will try and find a better ground. i think i was just being lazy lol. but i need not to slack on that.

Did you make your own terminals, as well? :drink40: :drink40:

what do you mean terminals??

the metal pieces that is put on the end of the wire to battery terminals, grounds, etc. that need a bolt to be put through to secure them.

I hope to hear this build. I was going to do a similar set up, but now I am not sure.

the metal pieces that is put on the end of the wire to battery terminals, grounds, etc. that need a bolt to be put through to secure them.

oh no, i bought them off a guy on ca.com a while ago.

I hope to hear this build. I was going to do a similar set up, but now I am not sure.

well once this gets done im all up for a demo, i was just down in your neck of the woods two weekends ago.

Looking forward to this as I don't want a blow thru and I am trying to figure out where to mount batteries and amps for mine.

Stetsom 10kd and 4 DD 9512's are going to be on tap.

J

Looking forward to this as I don't want a blow thru and I am trying to figure out where to mount batteries and amps for mine.

J

yeah im either gunna have to do like 3-4 smaller ones or build two seperate battery boxes behind eaither seat. as for the amp i think for now its gunna be mounted to the side of the box.

J

yeah im either gunna have to do like 3-4 smaller ones or build two seperate battery boxes behind eaither seat. as for the amp i think for now its gunna be mounted to the side of the box.

When you get ready to sell that SAE I AM A be all over it.....

J

When you get ready to sell that SAE I AM A be all over it.....

Too late.

JK :D

So you come to my neck of the woods and do not let me know. Next time let me know.

So you come to my neck of the woods and do not let me know. Next time let me know.

haha it was a spur of the moment visit to my friend at collage, i may be down that way this saturday but idk yet.

Pics of new subs?

will get some up in a little, having problems with the HU so im gunna go ride pedal bikes for a little and let my head get straightened out, and then ill get all my pics up!!:peepwall:

LHU?

LHU?

yeppeers, also need to do some tweaking to get everything sounding right, gunna switch out the eclipse HU for a alpine and see if that helps at all. and need to get the rest of my pics uploaded for you guys.

Waiting on the pics!! :peepwall:

Waiting on the pics and vids!! :peepwall:

Fixed ;)

Fixed ;)

Ah! Yes!!

LHU?

yeppeers, also need to do some tweaking to get everything sounding right, gunna switch out the eclipse HU for a alpine and see if that helps at all. and need to get the rest of my pics uploaded for you guys.

Next time let me know. I live right beside LHU and have tools incase you need to use them.

Fixed ;)

Ah! Yes!!

there coming jsut dont wanna disapoint you guys :gayhaaay1:

LHU?

Next time let me know. I live right beside LHU and have tools incase you need to use them.

will do bro, my friend lives in evergreen commons i think.

Fixed ;)

Ah! Yes!!

Just with the 1200D they should be impressive!!

That is right beside my buddies house.

Fixed ;)

Ah! Yes!!

Just with the 1200D they should be impressive!!

yeah i just had a retard moment and didnt have one of the subs hook up right so it was quite, gotta retune the amp and will try to grab some vids today!!

That is right beside my buddies house.

nice, well if i end up down there this weekend ill let you know for shure.