I bought an SSA Icon 10 from my son a while back. My son is SQJEEP here. We got around to building the box for it. We used the box design in the tech section. Fantastic box design....We built it exactly to the design and holy shit this thing pounds. We did the 1.35 cubes. It's not finished yet but here are some pics.It's running off a Zed built Usacoustics USA 2150 bridged and rated at 500 watts. Please note....The panel sticking up in the back is the amp rack and it is going to be replaced. It's the old one and it's just in there temporarily.

dsc0024up.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-01

dsc0031mn.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-01

dsc0033ca.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-01

dsc0035dc.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-01

dsc0036x.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-01

Edited by ou812

Looking good. SSA for the win!

I loved my icons as well :drink40:

looks good so far :fing34:

Clean setup!! What else you got planned ?

looks very clean.. :fing34:

:woot: What's it being covered with?

Very nice and clean build ... Awesome !!! :drink40:

Wow, first series. That is a special one. :)

Ohh OG Blue!

Yes it's an old school with the blue lettering. Let me see....We bought vinyl to cover everything with. That might take some time. System rundown is....Eclipse cd8454 running 3 way active. tweets are Alpine ring dome running off a Zed built Usacoustics USA 2100. Mids are Image Dynamics OEM running off a USA 4050 bridged to 160 watts. And the Sub on a USA 2150 bridged to 500 watts. All those ratings are rather conservative. It amazes me that a sub tuned so low...Basically sq oriented would be so loud off this amp.

20f235ca.jpg

That is how the amps are mounted now minus the passive crossovers. That whole thing will be redone.

Edited by ou812

Nice amp setup!! Keep it coming!!

Those are some of my all time favorite amplifiers.

Nice!

Loving the OS amps. I would say, for sure they are underrated.

Good job Dad.

Awesome... I'm thinking of doing a mount board for my amplifiers to give me more room and hide the extra battery when I put one in...

Sorry guys...Almost forgot to give an update. The son and I got some vinyl work done....Ok ....SQjeep did the vinyl and I watched basically. I will be the first to admit that the vinyl magnifies the mistakes I made routing the mdf.

dsc0043c.th.jpg

Edited by ou812

Turned out really clean!! :drink40:

real nice ... clean like sef said..

Looks great from here. :)

Looks great from here. :)

I realized after mounting the box that I should have done a spacer underneath it and on top to allow more area for the trim panel. I just have a router...No tabel no nothing. After I cut the shape for the sub hole ( Guess that's what you would call it) I only had about 3/4 or maybe an inch to guide the router along.....I kinda tipped the router off a bit. I have a feeling I am gonna rip this apart and do it again....I focus on mistakes. Thanks for the compliments guys...I got some more done today. I recut the amp panel and covered it in vinyl. Keep in mind....After this the next thing is a panel to cover the amps and hide the wire and distro mess. I am considering cutting kinda windows to show the amps and doing plexi. I have never done that ....I think it would look kinda cool but then I would have to do fans. Anyone have experience with them? I can assume there's not a whole lot involved.

dsc0047dq.th.jpg

not a whole lot... use the power and ground to the rear for the fans... should work fine..

Sorry guys...Almost forgot to give an update. The son and I got some vinyl work done....Ok ....SQjeep did the vinyl and I watched basically. I will be the first to admit that the vinyl magnifies the mistakes I made routing the mdf.

dsc0043c.th.jpg

very clean! If you want to email me all your photos, i'll build you a rides page on our homepage. Looks great!