BILTD

Lupo GTI Build Log - Ascendant Audio, SPL Dynamics, XS Power

What did you do for the car ? With that much weight it should drive on the 2 rear wheels !!! You change springs,... ? Tell us more.

I know those cars are so small, I can't beleive what I see !!!

Figured I'd update this one.

IMG_0247.jpg

I wasn't really keen on the OE seats, so looked round for alternatives. MK4 Golf GTI Recaros came up, and required little modification. These sit nice and low compared to the stock items, when pumped all they way down. Mr 'Big' soon appears like a 2ft midget sat behind the wheel lol.

Pieces all ready for triming. Seats, door cards, Door & tweeter builds sent off to http://bespokeautointeriors.co.uk for triming.. more on those later.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

With the theme I went with I pulled anything I knew that could be hit with piano black paint. All items were sent to my buddy Sam who did a fantastic job.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Also modified the ICE Series end plates and shot these in the booth too.

IMG_0336.jpg

Time to fit the subs and install back the stud nuts... Square washers were also shot black..

IMG_0339.jpg

Done.

IMG_0370.jpg

Next up a panel to display volt meter and master bass control.. This slides into a lower1/2 slot.

IMG_0371.jpg

Using some acrylic being used elsewhere in the build..

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Done.

IMG_0381.jpg.

Back to triming, Alcantara shows up from Italy..

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Lower panel done.

IMG_0390.jpg

Wall trim panel done.

IMG_0392.jpg

Peeled back the protection layer to reveal glass like finish.

IMG_0395.jpg

LED tape installed wired

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0345-1.jpg

Triming lower battery cover

IMG_0346-1.jpg

Top portion.. BTW those little brackets are removed now

IMG_0441-1.jpg

Done!

IMG_0443.jpg

No lights on here, the plex will pop

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Like so

IMG_0459.jpg

Was hard to capture it on that day..

IMG_0478.jpg

Seats back from Bespoke Auto Interior's. Phil did exactly what I asked him, took a design from a seat I had previously seen.. I chose a thread I knew that would match with the rest of the build (he has alot of reels!!) finalised the panel work and left it with him for few weeks..

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Couple of weeks later I failed triming the door builds so back to Phil to help me out! (I'm getting to the limit of where 'stretch' will allow me to go.. Phils impecable stich work should have me out of bother for future builds from now on)

IMG_0528.jpg

Same colour thread used in all stichwork throughout the build.

IMG_0530.jpg

Tweeter builds also done by Phil, 1 piece! And alot of F"£$"££"$!! I'm told lol

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Not keen on leaving fixture points showing on the mids I had thes acrylic rings CNC machined, attached with a 3m tape. They can be removed, but will require re-application of the foam tape. Don't worry they dont fall off with the flex ;)

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Doors complete!

IMG_0551.jpg

So when I took on this project I had freedom to get creative on the exterior too.

After searching forums, classifieds, ebay etc for several weeks I came across these.

Very rare Borbet Bs. 7.5x16 ET30 with BMW fitment (PCD 4x98)

IMG_0461.jpg

Fitted with Pirellis finest PZero Nero 195/40/16s.

IMG_0350.jpg

On intial fitting the rears had room for spacing..

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Stock archs, needing some rolling/flaring here!

IMG_0431.jpg

Front passanger side arch looking little worse for wear..

IMG_0462.jpg

On with making the weeks tuck and poke for the perfect stance, I pulled out my arch roller and got to work.

IMG_0463.jpg

KW Variant 1s fitted already.. as you can see after few pases the paint was cracking. I made no effort to heat the panel as we already decided to respray the car.

IMG_0466.jpg

How the rears looked after.. All 4 were done the same. Fronts were little harder to achieve a fully flat result due to the limitations of the arch roller.. Lupos are pretty small cars!

IMG_0483.jpg

How it sat after adding 12mm rear spacers and 5mm up front. Final offset of ET18 rear ET25 front.

IMG_0487.jpg

But at this ride height the driveshaft was rubbing on the chassis. Well known problem on some VWs...

IMG_0494.jpg

So not wanting to spoil the stance and look achieved took the TUK Customs - http://www.tukcustoms.com/ for a chassis notch.

IMG_0496.jpg

It was a complete and utter pig of a job, first time for them. Without removing the front end the notch was sucessful.. no more rubbing driveshaft.

IMG_0499.jpg

View of the KWs.. you'll notice dent on the sill and scuff on the bumper..

IMG_0500.jpg

Not anymore! exterior getting respray minus roof, tailgate and rear bumper..

IMG_0501.jpg

All the dings dents, scuffs were taken care of. Other additions I had undertaken was, smoothed front number plate recess, headlight washers, gloss painted upper grill, black mirrors, black door b posts.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg.

IMG_0523.jpg

Next I updated the rear end with some Cambridge lights. I used my airsaw to knock out the orange reflector inside and used chrome/amber bulbs for a cleaner look. Left one is removed, right is how they come..

IMG_0526.jpg

One fitted above so you can see the difference.

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

After a going over the whole car with Megs #205 on my brand new Flex Rotary (the Mercedes-Benz of the rotary world!) used Werkstatt Prime followed by Werkstat Trigger as a LSP, tyres dressed with Zaino Z-16.

That's such a sick car. I really like it, would buy it if available!

:wub: the clean attention to detail on the interior!!

Excellent build inside and out.

I admire your trim panels an upholstery work!

As always, FANTASTIC work.

Very impressed with the amount of room you had to work with. Just got me thinking I could easily fit 2x 18s in my GTI as well!

A Lupo is like half a Golf gti !!! you have room, for sure, Mac&cheese !!!

I don't think I can sit in a tiny car like that ! But this build is incredible.

I'd love to find an installer like that in my little island. Everything is so clean !

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

You did not tell us how your customer like it. He must be s proud of his car now.

It's the most beautiful Lupo I've ever seen !

That is a sweet build...nice work.

Also I like how the spark plug wires are channeled through the top of the motor too.

Awesome as always bruh. You are one of the best builders I have ever seen. Mad props.