Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Working on 500-watt Line

I am working on a line for those with depth restrictions -- NOT a true shallow woofer but something that just isn't super deep as most of our drivers are big, nasty, deep woofers. The ultra-shallow market is not something we plan to get into but I thought something shallower than the SA line would be nice. Our future "E" series line with stamped frame was not designed as a reduced depth driver either so we would have left this market totally untouched.

SD-2 10" -- 4 7/8" Depth

SD-2 12" -- 5 3/8" Depth

These will fit many under-seat truck enclosure applications.

We had an SD-1 and SD-1 v.2 series some time back that were very popular in the truck market... so naturally these will be called SD-2 as the successor.

The coil will be a 2.5" former with 30mm winding length combined with a 15mm top plate -- this gives us 12.0mm linear one-way travel and 22.5mm before coil leaves the gap. Dual-2 and Dual-4 options will be available with a rating of 500-watts RMS.

We will have 25mm before anything bottoms out -- so a bit over double the linear travel before anything nasty happens.

The cone, spider, and dust cap will be the same as our SA line -- very rugged parts. The latest SA series ventilation spacer will not be present on these models as it would add 0.4" of depth -- the frame will be a 4-spoke with vent holes liked the older SA series drivers. The coil ventilation will also be different from the SA line -- this I will just show when prototypes come in (have to leave some surprises).

Pricing is pending but will be cheaper than the SA line, of course.

I am pretty excited about this line all in all... I should have some samples in a month or so.

Edited by sundownz

More branching out, I like it. Curious to see pictures down the road :)

We will eventually have a full line of woofers -- just taking some time :)

E Series -- 400 RMS

SD-2 Series -- 500 RMS

SA Series -- 600 RMS (for now; eventually v.2 model will climb to 750 RMS... that is a 2012 project)

SAX Series --- 1000-1200 RMS (pending more testing; formerly just called X Series)

Z v.3 Series --- 1500-1750 RMS

NS v.2 Series -- 2000 RMS

So six main lines... will be some specialty products in there as well (the X-8 style series).

Awesome

i cant wait for a low end monster. 35mm xmax, 2000rms, recommended tuning sealed or below 30hz.

Sundown ftw

Great company always trying new ideas :) I'm sure output will be 2x as good as shallow mount subs too

and the monster... :)

:woot:

Glad to see the expansion of more Sundown products!!!

i already cut a big hole in my truck!!!!

very nice.

Nice stuff bro... Can't wait to see it...

Hope my Sundown hat gets here via the mail before my show tomorrow gonna put this SA12 in a bassrace see what it can do! Oh and I'd love a lower than SA line would be perfect for my wifes new car which she will get mid june.

Any plans for a low end monster? like the RE XXX or JBL Gti or TC Lms etc , (not necessarily on the same scale)?

videsh, what year XXX you got? I'm gonna have a 1500d here soon and I have an 07 XXX (the big travel monster) needing a recone, im just curious as to whether the 1500d would be enough power if i decide to use it for car audio instead of home like i originally intended.

I have the same model as you on my 1500D. I think it can handle a bit more power and some people may want to feed it a bit more cus it`s not the most efficient sub out there, But all in all, I`m happy with mine. i should note its in a SQ application not really much of a streetbeater but i still manage to sound like I`m talkin in front of a fan when a nice bassline h

The weight is an issue for me tho, thas why if Jacob has anything along those lines I`d sure be all over it.

I've been following sundown since 2009, while I have not had the opportunity to buy anything, I have been going back and forth whether to get the E8v2's or the SA-8's as I have a 4 door chevy 1500... I have really been thinking of doing 4 e8's but now I'll just wait!!!!

As always sundown is pushing the limits and providing the products that the consumers are really wanting and at PRICE that we can live with!!!

I love companies that invest there time in making sure that the customer is always happy!!!

Sundown FTW!!!!

I've been following sundown since 2009, while I have not had the opportunity to buy anything, I have been going back and forth whether to get the E8v2's or the SA-8's as I have a 4 door chevy 1500... I have really been thinking of doing 4 e8's but now I'll just wait!!!!

As always sundown is pushing the limits and providing the products that the consumers are really wanting and at PRICE that we can live with!!!

I love companies that invest there time in making sure that the customer is always happy!!!

Sundown FTW!!!!

Thanks !

Any plans for a low end monster? like the RE XXX or JBL Gti or TC Lms etc , (not necessarily on the same scale)?

The "X" line in larger sizes would fit the bill for a low-end monster... likely a few years out.

In the mean-time the NS v.2 is a beast on the low-end with a high linear excursion to back it up.

well if anybody will be tuning in for a high excursion low end monster from sundown it'll be me.....i'd like nice spl scores, but drive by is where its at....thats truly loud. I'd like to see a 40mm linear xmax+ driver....as i've pretty much decided on using my xxx for home audio now. yes i'd like to see something surpass it 55-60mm linear would be insane...dont care what power it needs, as long as it sounds good and blows my head off. but it is something everyone will buy or jacob wants to produce right now? only time will tell, either way, if its sundown, im tuning in and always interested.

Can't wait to try out the new lower end lines when they come out

well if anybody will be tuning in for a high excursion low end monster from sundown it'll be me.....i'd like nice spl scores, but drive by is where its at....thats truly loud. I'd like to see a 40mm linear xmax+ driver....as i've pretty much decided on using my xxx for home audio now. yes i'd like to see something surpass it 55-60mm linear would be insane...dont care what power it needs, as long as it sounds good and blows my head off. but it is something everyone will buy or jacob wants to produce right now? only time will tell, either way, if its sundown, im tuning in and always interested.

That is something I am interested in making in the future -- as I was getting into audio during the x-max wars with the Brahama, XXX, etc :drink40:

Once I get the rest of the line done -- stuff that sells more and can pay for cool projects -- then I'll get to that :)

when you get the low end monsters in down the line, count me in on at least 2. depending on what my funds look like. i know they'll be a top contender.

Sign in to follow this