Sign in to follow this  
burko

1998 Chevrolet K1500 Z71

I decided to let the old one die and start up a new one because the other one turned into me asking a ton of questions, not an actual build log :P

Vehicle I'm starting with (The stupid green chevy emblem was painted black the day I bought it :P):

IMG_1107.jpg

Equipment going into it:

- (1) Fi BTL N2 18

- (1) AQ2200D

- (1) XS Power D1200

- www.weldingsupply.com 1/0 wire

Here are a few pics of the box build. Unfortunately I was more focused on building the box than taking pictures, so I only have a couple haha:

IMG_6719.jpg

And while it's picture time, here's me. Just in case you see me at a show or something, you can say hello.

Me.jpg

Me, my dad, and my brother. Yeah, we're weird..

Me2.jpg

The not-quite finished product. Still need to carpet and wire everything up.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Got my dad's soldering gun today, so I should be able to wire up my shit this week. My last day of school is the 31st, so I might be a little delayed on getting everything finished, but it'll be done soon enough :)

Box came out to 7.5 cubes at 35Hz. Let me know what you guys think!

looking really good man. keep going and don't stop until you're completely happy. if you keep settling (like i do) you'll waste money left and right like i have been.

^^ Good advice!

Here's a little teaser vid on my brother's Hifonics Brutus. My AQ2200D wasn't working correctly. Audioque has been contacted for an exchange.

So the amp does have an issue? Glad you sorted out the problem.

So the amp does have an issue? Glad you sorted out the problem.

Appreciate it. Hooked up my bro's amp w/o changing a thing and it played wonderfully. This led me to believe that the amp is faulty. AQ has been contacted. :) Maybe I'll get a new, properly working one soon to show it's full potential

Better vid! Still on the Brutus :/

Watch in 720p!

Edited by burko

Getting to enjoy your work!!! What's the time frame on getting your amp replaced?

Getting to enjoy your work!!! What's the time frame on getting your amp replaced?

I heard that man!

No idea on the time frame really.. Waiting on a .pdf from Michael that I need to sign in order to return the amp. As soon as he sends me the thing I need, I'll ship it to them, then it's out of my hands again :(

We'll see

I heard that man!

No idea on the time frame really.. Waiting on a .pdf from Michael that I need to sign in order to return the amp. As soon as he sends me the thing I need, I'll ship it to them, then it's out of my hands again :(

We'll see

Never worked with AQ, hope they get your turned around quickly!

trying turning the box facing up see if it sounds better.

trying turning the box facing up see if it sounds better.

I'm cool with how it sounds now ;)

I did it like that so my back seat could still be *somewhat* useable. I can chunk stuff on top of the box with no issues.

do you like the box facing forward? i have mine sub up/port up in my ext cab. was gonna try it like yours but my seat would rub the sub.

amazing man... love it... can't wait to get my Xcon in a damn box already... :suicide-santa:

do you like the box facing forward? i have mine sub up/port up in my ext cab. was gonna try it like yours but my seat would rub the sub.

I like it just fine, it sounds great to me. You can utilize a lot more space when you have it like mine.

amazing man... love it... can't wait to get my Xcon in a damn box already... :suicide-santa:

:thanx:

What's the hold-up on yours?

^^ Good advice!

Here's a little teaser vid on my brother's Hifonics Brutus. My AQ2200D wasn't working correctly. Audioque has been contacted for an exchange.

Did Sean (Shizzzon) make the video? :roflmao:

^^ Good advice!

Did Sean (Shizzzon) make the video? :roflmao:

Hey now. I have better ones up now :P

Amp was shipped back to AQ today at the tune of $51.45 :suicide-santa:

Maybe I'll get my reimbursement and new amp soon..

Brother wanted his amp back, so obviously I obliged. I'm bassless :(

Wow, that's a chunk for shipping! No bass?? :huh:

I am jealous. I wish I had room for an 18!

Awesome Ride / Vids bro ... :drink40:

Thanks man! I love your setup.

Wow, that's a chunk for shipping! No bass?? :huh:

Yeah it was crazy.. Oh well. Maybe I'll get my new functioning one soon. Still bugs me that I got the ONE malfunctioning amp haha.

I am jealous. I wish I had room for an 18!

Thanks man! I don't really have room for an 18 either :peepwall:

Michael @ AQ told me I would have a definite answer tomorrow. He said they "let go" of their technician (I'm assuming he means fired, as I don't know why he would word it like that if he had gone on vacation or something), and he was trying to see what all he had finished/resolved. Maybe I'll have a new, functioning amp by next week :)